Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
JUX91

KH2 Please help with question.

Okay, I just beat Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix and I'm planning on getting Kingdom Hearts 2.5. I really want to do a level 1 No Exp on Kingdom Hearts 2.5 because I heard it was built pretty good for it. So my question is, If I do a level 1 file, will I be able to do everything that I would be able to do on a normal Critical run? Like will I be able to fight all of the bosses and do all of the Extra stuff? And is it actually fun? Is it worth it? Sounds really fun, but I don't want to be missing out on stuff while doing it. The reason I'm trying to figure all this out is because I have not played Kingdom Hearts 2 since it was first released, so I pretty much don't remember anything about it and I want to have a full playthrough while still being a really good challenge. I'm not worried about a learning curve, I'm just worried if I would be missing out on too much stuff. I really want to do it because I want the extra challenge. THANKS TO ANYONE THAT HELPS ME OUT.

Edited by JUX91

Yeah, you'll still be able to do everything you can on a regular play-through. Now I personally haven't played on Critical LV 1, but I have played on vanilla Critical. For more information, you should refer to someone who HAS done it on LV 1. :)

Peace!

I have gotten about halfway through the game on Lvl 1, realized I wasn't that good at the game, and then stopped. It's certainly not impossible; I like regular Critical mode better, but that's just because I am pretty impatient, and I don't want to have to watch my six all the time. 

So yeah, it's fun and pretty do-able, but you have to not lose hope like I did.

It can be a lot of fun. I recommend checking out lvl1 critical mode speed runs for help and learning the really technical aspects of the game. But just know that the real fun is in overcoming a seemingly impossible obstacle. If that's not reward enough for you on some of these things you won't have much fun with it.

Slightly incorrect.

Three mushrooms are just impossible with LV1 stats. That is... you can do them if you use stat boosts, but that would defeat the purpose of being LV1, wouldn't it?

that's what I figured. The twilight town mushroom in the subway, the one in agrabah, and the one in the world that never was are the only I could think of that can't be done without stat boosts but if you get the silver crown and all you have left is them, why not boost up?

that's what I figured. The twilight town mushroom in the subway, the one in agrabah, and the one in the world that never was are the only I could think of that can't be done without stat boosts but if you get the silver crown and all you have left is them, why not boost up?

If you're playing casually, then it wouldn't matter, would it?

But if you're like me, who feels it defeats the purpose of being LV1 AND/OR may also consider speedrunning certain portions of the game, then you may feel it'll ruin the LV1 file because you're not "truly" LV1 anymore, in a manner of speaking.

Edited by dabestgamer

Nah, you should be able to do the one in TWTNW at LV 1 because it depends on the number of hits you do. I think it's Mushrooms 5 (Agrabah), 7 (Twilight Town Underground Concourse) and 10 (Port Royal) are the ones you can't do with LV 1 Stats.

Peace!

Thanks for all of the responses, everyone. I just have a couple more questions. What is the Gold Crown you guys are talking about? And since I can only get the silver one, is that going to affect my experience that much? And what about the mushrooms I wont be able to kill? Are they for synthises items or something? And what are the stat boosts you get at level 1? Should I not use them? Sorry for all of the questions, lol.

I have gotten about halfway through the game on Lvl 1, realized I wasn't that good at the game, and then stopped. It's certainly not impossible; I like regular Critical mode better, but that's just because I am pretty impatient, and I don't want to have to watch my six all the time. So yeah, it's fun and pretty do-able, but you have to not lose hope like I did.

Did you use the stat boosts?

Thanks for all of the responses, everyone. I just have a couple more questions. What is the Gold Crown you guys are talking about? And since I can only get the silver one, is that going to affect my experience that much? And what about the mushrooms I wont be able to kill? Are they for synthises items or something? And what are the stat boosts you get at level 1? Should I not use them? Sorry for all of the questions, lol.

The Gold Crown is just aesthetic; it doesn't affect your game-play. You obtain it by doing all these three things:

• Satisfy the Mushroom XIII
  • Defeat the Organisation XIII Replica Data at the Garden of Assemblage in the Cavern of Remembrance.
  • Defeat the Lingering Will

Do one of them, you get Bronze. Do any two, you get Silver. Do all three and you get Gold. Now people are saying you can only get Silver on LV 1 because there's some Mushroom XIII challenges that you can't satisfy at LV 1.

And about the stat boosts, it's entirely up to you and how you feel about it. As mentioned above, some people don't use them because it defeats the purpose of truly being at LV 1. I'll say this again, I haven't done LV 1, but I'll still help in any way I can. :D

Peace!

Edited by Yusei Fudo

Slightly incorrect.

Three mushrooms are just impossible with LV1 stats. That is... you can do them if you use stat boosts, but that would defeat the purpose of being LV1, wouldn't it?

As far as I know, all the speedrunners do the Silver Crown run when playing in lvl.1

I don't know if it's because of the stats or simply because you won't have all abilities that are necessary to do all the mushrooms. I personally never tried it before, so... sorry if I'm incorrect, sir.

As far as I know, all the speedrunners do the Silver Crown run when playing in lvl.1

I don't know if it's because of the stats or simply because you won't have all abilities that are necessary to do all the mushrooms. I personally never tried it before, so... sorry if I'm incorrect, sir.

Well, I just said it's because of stats. :/

Hey!

I finished the main story at lvl 1, but it was on the ps2 version. It was quite a challenge, I must say. It takes patience to defeat most of the bosses simply because your attacks almost do not damage them [and one or two of their attacks are enough to finish you off]. It's been a looong time since that playthrough -- but I remember that defeating the nobodies before the Garden of Assemblance was IMPOSSIBLE [for me]. The last group -- I tried countless times but with no success :/

Good luck when you start playing at lvl 1! Might be a good idea to record it when you do it?

If you're playing casually, then it wouldn't matter, would it?

But if you're like me, who feels it defeats the purpose of being LV1 AND/OR may also consider speedrunning certain portions of the game, then you may feel it'll ruin the LV1 file because you're not "truly" LV1 anymore, in a manner of speaking.

I get that, i just meant if you've done everything and all you have left is those three mushrooms to have basically 100% done, I don't see why not just go for it. But like he said he's gonna stick with regular stats so good on him.

Nah, you should be able to do the one in TWTNW at LV 1 because it depends on the number of hits you do. I think it's Mushrooms 5 (Agrabah), 7 (Twilight Town Underground Concourse) and 10 (Port Royal) are the ones you can't do with LV 1 Stats.

Peace!

Right, I thought it was HP on the TWTNW mushroom. My b O.o

I get that, i just meant if you've done everything and all you have left is those three mushrooms to have basically 100% done, I don't see why not just go for it.

Like I said, I wouldn't want to "ruin" my LV1 file. And I'm sure others would feel the same.