Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
kristijan14

Was this CGI or a cinematic aspect from real-time, in-engine graphics ?

Posted Image

The latest gameplay trailers don't look like this so that's why i'm asking this. Here's a gameplay shot for comparison, btw I know it's not about graphics, i'm just curious and honestly there's not much KH3 info coming in to keep me satisfied. Bad wording ? Anyways here's the gameplay shot for comparison :

Posted Image

Or is this maybe because it's dark and there's not much light, also isn't the chain and the zippers supposed to be reflective ? Here's another shot from daytime.

Posted Image

That's the best shot I could find of his face in day time, keep in mind it's the EARLIER trailer, the reveal one and not the updated one with improvements from D23. You can see that by the building on the right NOT having the plants or whatever those green thingies were (wines ?).

I'm confused.  But since the game is still in development, it might not even look like that anymore.

So the final game could look like the cutscene from Destiny Islands or even better ?

no, it'll look worse, unless there's a PC version

Will it look better than the gameplay trailers we got though ? That's a big possibility actually...I actually want to see how characters like Sora will look in different worlds since the Kingdom Shader will adapt to other world's aesthetics. Also a PC version...hmmm i'd buy it just so I can see how weird it would be to use a K&M on a kingdom hearts game.

P.S. Yes I know PCs can use controllers.

So the final game could look like the cutscene from Destiny Islands or even better ?

Honestly I think it might look a little better.  Like in terms of coloring and shading I mean.  I think he looks a tiny bit too pale (actually everything does, might just be the lighting) and his hair is kinda colored weird in that scene.  He looks like he has blonde highlights or something.

It's all in development still so it's just a rough draft of what they're working on.  The finished release is bound to look better.

I don't think they'll be implementing Kingdom Shader anymore. Unreal Engine 4 is a different environment from Luminous Studio (how different remains to be seen), which means programmers would have to translate the Kingdom Shader from one engine to the other. Therefore, precious time is lost between the development stages.

Of course, I could be overthinking it. Unreal Engine 4 compared to Unity or even UDK is very easy for me to understand.

Either way, Kingdom Hearts III will look pretty different from D23 and E3. Just ask the people who attended 2.5's launch event.

Edited by Sun Wukong

Honestly I think it might look a little better.  Like in terms of coloring and shading I mean.  I think he looks a tiny bit too pale (actually everything does, might just be the lighting) and his hair is kinda colored weird in that scene.  He looks like he has blonde highlights or something.

It's all in development still so it's just a rough draft of what they're working on.  The finished release is bound to look better.

What's weird is that I love that kinda yellow feel to his hair, makes you feel like Sora truly merged with Roxas (it's just a joke), but I do see some weird red stuff on his hair in one of the upward spikes.

Will it look better than the gameplay trailers we got though ? That's a big possibility actually...I actually want to see how characters like Sora will look in different worlds since the Kingdom Shader will adapt to other world's aesthetics. Also a PC version...hmmm i'd buy it just so I can see how weird it would be to use a K&M on a kingdom hearts game.

everything about the graphics will face a technical downgrade. The Kingdom Shader will provide different aesthetics, but in terms of pure graphics it's going to get worse

Prerendered cutscenes- like what we get in trailers- always look better than in-engine scenes. The system has to render those in real time so it takes a lot more processing power to make it look good, and therefore they can't make it look as fancy. Prerendered cutscenes are basically just playing a movie, not much active processing required. It's just the way the technology works.

Given the new hardware they're wrking with, the in-engine stuff will certainly look better, but not as good as pre-rendered does, especially with how pretty Square Enix makes their cutscenes.

Also, I don't know where people keep getting the idea that KH3 will be on the PC. There's been no indication whatsoever that SE is planning on doing that.

everything about the graphics will face a technical downgrade. The Kingdom Shader will provide different aesthetics, but in terms of pure graphics it's going to get worse

You're awfully negative about this, like you want this to happen. Lighten up.

I don't think they'll be implementing Kingdom Shader anymore. Unreal Engine 4 is a different environment from Luminous Studio (how different remains to be seen), which means programmers would have to translate the Kingdom Shader from one engine to the other. Therefore, precious time is lost between the development stages.Of course, I could be overthinking it. Unreal Engine 4 compared to Unity or even UDK is very easy for me to understand.Either way, Kingdom Hearts III will look pretty different from D23 and E3. Just ask the people who attended 2.5's launch event.

I think they're still using the Kingdom Shader. Read this : http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-12-04-kingdom-hearts-3-dev-discusses-with-switch-from-luminous-to-unreal-engine-4

You're awfully negative about this, like you want this to happen. Lighten up.

I think they're still using the Kingdom Shader. Read this : http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-12-04-kingdom-hearts-3-dev-discusses-with-switch-from-luminous-to-unreal-engine-4

this is how game development works and it's already confirmed the current graphics won't work on PS4

it's not about wanting something, it's confirming what will happen

Prerendered cutscenes- like what we get in trailers- always look better than in-engine scenes. The system has to render those in real time so it takes a lot more processing power to make it look good, and therefore they can't make it look as fancy. Prerendered cutscenes are basically just playing a movie, not much active processing required. It's just the way the technology works.Given the new hardware they're wrking with, the in-engine stuff will certainly look better, but not as good as pre-rendered does, especially with how pretty Square Enix makes their cutscenes.Also, I don't know where people keep getting the idea that KH3 will be on the PC. There's been no indication whatsoever that SE is planning on doing that.

Not quite as true. Yes, the computer runs the engine, OS, and such other processes, but for $1000, you can get a result even more powerful than the PS4 and Xbox One's architectures combined. Think about it. Final Fantasy XV can't even run at 1080p and 30FPS on PS4. The same game is run on PC and, with presumably the engine open, the modeling software, etc. etc., the system can render the game at probably even more than 1080p and 30FPS. EDIT sorry, meant 30. I'm studying and learning a lot about PCs. It's possible. Edited by Sun Wukong

You're awfully negative about this, like you want this to happen. Lighten up.I think they're still using the Kingdom Shader. Read this : http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-12-04-kingdom-hearts-3-dev-discusses-with-switch-from-luminous-to-unreal-engine-4

Hmmm seems like you're right. That's actually really interesting. Edited by Sun Wukong

Not quite as true. Yes, the computer runs the engine, OS, and such other processes, but for $1000, you can get a result even more powerful than the PS4 and Xbox One's architectures combined. Think about it. Final Fantasy XV can't even run at 1080p and 30FPS on PS4. The same game is run on PC and, with presumably the engine open, the modeling software, etc. etc., the system can render the game at probably even more than 1080p and 60FPS.I'm studying and learning a lot about PCs. It's possible.

I'm not saying it's not possible- KH3 on PC is a completely feasible thing- but Square Enix hasn't given any indication that they're ever going to port any KH game to PCs. I think people are assuming it's a possibility because of them putting the FF XIII games on Steam, but that's a pretty big assumption to make.

I'm not saying it's not possible- KH3 on PC is a completely feasible thing- but Square Enix hasn't given any indication that they're ever going to port any KH game to PCs. I think people are assuming it's a possibility because of them putting the FF XIII games on Steam, but that's a pretty big assumption to make.

I was talking about pre-rendered cutscenes. I don't care whether or not I'm playing KH3 on STEAM. Edited by Sun Wukong

I was talking about pre-rendered cutscenes. I don't care whether or not I'm playing KH3 on STEAM.

Then I'm not sure what your point is. I'm saying that prerendered cutscenes on consoles always look better than actual gameplay based on hardware and software limitations, and you're more or less saying the same thing, right?

Then I'm not sure what your point is. I'm saying that prerendered cutscenes on consoles always look better than actual gameplay based on hardware and software limitations, and you're more or less saying the same thing, right?

I thought you were talking about comparing cutscenes on PC to those on console. My bad.

this is how game development works and it's already confirmed the current graphics won't work on PS4

it's not about wanting something, it's confirming what will happen

Oh really it was confirmed, I demand a source. It better not be kdramastars or something like that.

Oh really it was confirmed, I demand a source. It better not be kdramastars or something like that.

It better not be kdramastars. THANK YOU!! That BS is not a reliable source. They're actually back now - one said FFXV a is coming December 31 and the other said March 2016.Pulling release dates out of their ass, really. Edited by Sun Wukong

http://kotaku.com/according-to-its-director-kingdom-hearts-3-was-reveale-513072870

Like FFXV, the development team is currently using the Luminous Studio engine to make an over-spec version of the game that can subsequently be ported to the PS4 and Xbox One

Did you read the paragraph below ? It says that they had to prerender it because of issues, it will look basically the same they said. Which is kinda weird considering that the trailer they have shown later was better looking in gameplay.

They haven't SHOWN gameplay, it's all prerendered