Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sora96

Sora96's NieR Review

NieR is an action role-playing video game developed by Cavia and published by Square Enix for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. Directed by Yoko Taro and produced by Yosuke Saito.

Graphically the game is down right shocking.

The gameplay changes things up quite but none of the gameplay is any fun.

The music suits the game well but gets old after awhile.

The story is confusing and after playing Drakengard 3 and hearing about the others I'm not interested in another Yoko Taro story.

I do not know who thought naming a character "Yonah" would be a good idea...

I'm not a fan of naming my character either and the character designs are ugly.

There's really nothing appealing here to me.

4/10

Edited by Sora96

Nier is a good game with an outstanding soundtrack. In fact the soundtrack is easily one of the strong points in the game. Story is down to personal taste, but it isn't hard to follow. You hated on Drakengard 3 too, clearly the games just aren't for you.

Edited by Flaming Lea

Nier is a good game with an outstanding soundtrack. In fact the soundtrack is easily one of the strong points in the game. Story is down to personal taste, but it isn't hard to follow. You hated on Drakengard 3 too, clearly the games just aren't for you.

I actually didn't. I gave it 5/10 implying average or mediocre.

Well to be honest it seems they aren't for most people and considering the content he writes about I'm not surprised. Not many people want to play a game with incest or a game where every single character wants to just have sex.

I actually didn't. I gave it 5/10 implying average or mediocre.

Well to be honest it seems they aren't for most people and considering the content he writes about I'm not surprised. Not many people want to play a game with incest or a game where every single character wants to just have sex.

Not every game needs to be rated for children. The games have mature themes and they are rated and targeted to people as such. Both Nier and Drakengard have their share of problems, but so does every game. You're right, not many people want a game with incest or sex, but others aren't fazed by it.

Your review of Nier does the game a disservice because you didn't elaborate on anything for more than a few words. Therefore people who go in blindly to your review thinking "Sora96 is a big fan of Square Enix games, I'm sure he knows what he's talking about", are going to be pretty turned off by the game.

Why isn't the gameplay fun? Why did you find the story confusing? The game isn't appealing to you, why? You don't elaborate on anything and based on your review above, I'm under the impression you never even finished Nier.

For me Nier has good characters, music and a memorable story. Sure the visuals are a let down, and this was never rectified in Drakengard 3, but Nier Automata looks like a really nice game. Though that's because it has the Platinum seal of quality so...

All I'm saying is if you are going to criticise a game for this, that and the other, then at least elaborate on why it is both bad or good. You don't have to like it, but at least make a convincing case as to why you don't.

Harsh of you to give such a low score and you've played ff13 correct? , i'm assuming both are rough around the edges but it doesn't mean there terrible

Yoko Taro has a lot of interesting ideas despite both Nier and Drakengard 3 being low on a budget, it's still decent all around and the OST is pretty good. Drakengard 3 however suffers from localization issues and having to go through multiple endings to actually care for the people and Zero. Even so I think Nier has a lot of good in it and is gonna get a lot of improvement in Automata 

Harsh of you to give such a low score and you've played ff13 correct? , i'm assuming both are rough around the edges but it doesn't mean there terrible

Yoko Taro has a lot of interesting ideas despite both Nier and Drakengard 3 being low on a budget, it's still decent all around and the OST is pretty good. Drakengard 3 however suffers from localization issues and having to go through multiple endings to actually care for the people and Zero. Even so I think Nier has a lot of good in it and is gonna get a lot of improvement in Automata 

What on earth does this have to do with XIII? XIII is amazing to be clear.

Not every game needs to be rated for children. The games have mature themes and they are rated and targeted to people as such. Both Nier and Drakengard have their share of problems, but so does every game. You're right, not many people want a game with incest or sex, but others aren't fazed by it.

Your review of Nier does the game a disservice because you didn't elaborate on anything for more than a few words. Therefore people who go in blindly to your review thinking "Sora96 is a big fan of Square Enix games, I'm sure he knows what he's talking about", are going to be pretty turned off by the game.

Why isn't the gameplay fun? Why did you find the story confusing? The game isn't appealing to you, why? You don't elaborate on anything and based on your review above, I'm under the impression you never even finished Nier.

For me Nier has good characters, music and a memorable story. Sure the visuals are a let down, and this was never rectified in Drakengard 3, but Nier Automata looks like a really nice game. Though that's because it has the Platinum seal of quality so...

All I'm saying is if you are going to criticise a game for this, that and the other, then at least elaborate on why it is both bad or good. You don't have to like it, but at least make a convincing case as to why you don't.

I didn't finish Nier because it's a mess. It's my review and I've given my thoughts. 

What on earth does this have to do with XIII? Lol? XIII is amazing to be clear.I didn't finish Nier because it's a mess. It's my review and I've given my thoughts. I don't go criticizing your thoughts on things.

If you think thats fine but you habe to admit the plot almost goes nowhere, gameplay is linear, probably the most generic designs from the series ever with gamplay getting better post game which feels wrong. But you can like it, just saying Nier has some faults yet some ups as well

If you think thats fine but you habe to admit the plot almost goes nowhere, gameplay is linear, probably the most generic designs from the series ever with gamplay getting better post game which feels wrong. But you can like it, just saying Nier has some faults yet some ups as well

The story is amazing. Of course the gameplay is linear, they designed that way. They wanted an interactive movie. They also wanted it like VII & X.

All I see you doing here is purely hating on the game. You didn't like the game? That's fine, it's you're opinion but you didn't go into any detail and explain why the gameplay was bad or what made the story so confusing. 

Edited by WakelessDream

I didn't finish Nier because it's a mess. It's my review and I've given my thoughts. 

It's barely a review though? You are playing the opinion card without really having an opinion. One of your complaints is that a character is named Yonah, that is nitpicking to the extreme. This just in: Square Enix name things Cloud, Lightning and Snow..... <- These are not names.

My second post to you was me giving you constructive criticism on how you can expand on your reviews and actually give a valid food for thought. You have criticised me in the past on certain things.

All I see you doing here is purely hating on the game. You didn't like the game? That's fine, it's you're opinion but you didn't go into any detail and explain why the gameplay was bad or what made the story so confusing. 

I'm giving my thoughts on the game.

It's barely a review though? You are playing the opinion card without really having an opinion. One of your complaints is that a character is named Yonah, that is nitpicking to the extreme. This just in: Square Enix name things Cloud, Lightning and Snow..... <- These are not names.

My second post to you was me giving you constructive criticism on how you can expand on your reviews and actually give a valid food for thought. You have criticised me in the past on certain things.

My problem was it sounds pretty much the same as Yuna.... I think Nier is firetrucking ugly and boring.

Edited by Flaming Lea