Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

Posted Image

If anyone is curious, yes it is legit. It's called the End of Pain. It's obtainable in Dream Drop Distance... This is intentional, but why the specific name? and why this particular Keyblade when Sora and Riku could have had any of the other Foreteller Keyblades?

Edited by Guest

We can't be sure it's a Foreteller Keyblade. What about Master Xehanort's? Didn't his young self say his was the most ancient? Then how could End of Pain be it? It can't. Plus, it has not been confirmed nor have I seen anywhere or anything saying End of Pain is a Foreteller Keyblade.

We can't be sure it's a Foreteller Keyblade. What about Master Xehanort's? Didn't his young self say his was the most ancient? Then how could End of Pain be it? It can't. Plus, it has not been confirmed nor have I seen anywhere or anything saying End of Pain is a Foreteller Keyblade.

I think he meant that it's comparable due to the 'eye of darkness mark' as I like to call it. Unless there was yet again a story update in χ that I missed because of school. If that's the case feel free to correct me.

Technically speaking though, if Master Xehanort's keyblade is the most ancient that would mean it would have to be the Master of Master's keyblade originally (in which case the End of Pain still has the viable option of being the sixth foreteller's keyblade but I digress), but that just depends on how literally we take the claim 'most ancient'. 

Personally speaking, while I think it's possible that End of Pain might have been connected to the foretellers somehow, I don't think it's completely confirmed or anything. I don't think the 'eye of darkness' is enough to associate the End of Pain to the foretellers yet, mainly due to the fact that Riku's and Vanitas's keyblades also have the same mark and they don't have connections to the foretellers (although they both have some connection to Xehanort wink wink). Terra also has two keychains that give his keyblade the same mark.

That being said it's fun to speculate the possibilities because End of Pain does bare some resemblance to the foretellers' keyblades (even if not to the same extent as Xehanort's keyblade). If it is the sixth foreteller's keyblade, that name would make me wonder what exactly is their motives exactly. Hmmm.

I think he meant that it's comparable due to the 'eye of darkness mark' as I like to call it. Unless there was yet again a story update in χ that I missed because of school. If that's the case feel free to correct me.Technically speaking though, if Master Xehanort's keyblade is the most ancient that would mean it would have to be the Master of Master's keyblade originally (in which case the End of Pain still has the viable option of being the sixth foreteller's keyblade but I digress), but that just depends on how literally we take the claim 'most ancient'. Personally speaking, while I think it's possible that End of Pain might have been connected to the foretellers somehow, I don't think it's completely confirmed or anything. I don't think the 'eye of darkness' is enough to associate the End of Pain to the foretellers yet, mainly due to the fact that Riku's and Vanitas's keyblades also have the same mark and they don't have connections to the foretellers (although they both have some connection to Xehanort wink wink). Terra also has two keychains that give his keyblade the same mark. That being said it's fun to speculate the possibilities because End of Pain does bare some resemblance to the foretellers' keyblades (even if not to the same extent as Xehanort's keyblade). If it is the sixth foreteller's keyblade, that name would make me wonder what exactly is their motives exactly. Hmmm.

Oh okay. Thanks for clearing that up. Yeah it is comparable, but truly though, we won't know until we see χBC in HD2.8.

I think he meant that it's comparable due to the 'eye of darkness mark' as I like to call it. Unless there was yet again a story update in χ that I missed because of school. If that's the case feel free to correct me.

Technically speaking though, if Master Xehanort's keyblade is the most ancient that would mean it would have to be the Master of Master's keyblade originally (in which case the End of Pain still has the viable option of being the sixth foreteller's keyblade but I digress), but that just depends on how literally we take the claim 'most ancient'. 

Personally speaking, while I think it's possible that End of Pain might have been connected to the foretellers somehow, I don't think it's completely confirmed or anything. I don't think the 'eye of darkness' is enough to associate the End of Pain to the foretellers yet, mainly due to the fact that Riku's and Vanitas's keyblades also have the same mark and they don't have connections to the foretellers (although they both have some connection to Xehanort wink wink). Terra also has two keychains that give his keyblade the same mark.

That being said it's fun to speculate the possibilities because End of Pain does bare some resemblance to the foretellers' keyblades (even if not to the same extent as Xehanort's keyblade). If it is the sixth foreteller's keyblade, that name would make me wonder what exactly is their motives exactly. Hmmm.

"Most ancient" in the current world, the Foretellers where all eliminated in the Keyblade War and their Keyblades with them, like the ones in the Keyblade Graveyard. 

And I wish people would stop calling him "The sixth Foreteller" there is no sixth Foreteller, there never was, just an apprentice who was never given a Book of Prophecy. Just call him "Teh sixth apprentice"

As for End of Pain, it's not a Keyblade, it's a key chain. That's also something that needs to stop, calling every weapon that the main characters have a Keyblade. They each have  one Keyblade with multiple key chains. "Keyblade" should only apply to the default form, or the weapon in general, not every model.

Edited by Isamu_Kuno

"Most ancient" in the current world, the Foretellers where all eliminated in the Keyblade War and their Keyblades with them, like the ones in the Keyblade Graveyard. 

And i wish people would stop calling him "The sixth Foreteller" there is no sixth Foreteller, there never was, just an apprentice who was never given a Book of Prophecy.

Ah I apologize. I tend to be a bit loosey goosey with my wording and it's made worse when I don't sleep properly, but I'll try to fix that habit X)

And of course that's also to be taken into consideration. I've got an itch that the foretellers' keyblades weren't destroyed but we have no confirmation as of yet. As of right now all we have is Master Xehanort's Keyblade which bares a suspicious resemblance to the foretellers' keyblades. 

Ah I apologize. I tend to be a bit loosey goosey with my wording and it's made worse when I don't sleep properly, but I'll try to fix that habit X)

And of course that's also to be taken into consideration. I've got an itch that the foretellers' keyblades weren't destroyed but we have no confirmation as of yet. As of right now all we have is Master Xehanort's Keyblade which bares a suspicious resemblance to the foretellers' keyblades. 

Well, maybe not "destroyed" per se, but powerless now that their wielders are gone. Remember except for a small group of children

perhaps the Dandelions

everyone was swallowed by darkness in the Keyblade War.

Edited by Isamu_Kuno

Well, maybe not "destroyed" per se, but powerless now that their wielders are gone. Remember except for a small group of children [spoilers] perhaps the Dandelions [spoilers] everyone was swallowed by darkness in the Keyblade War.

Bingo. Now we all have our theories on Xehanort's keyblade, but that doesn't necessarily mean we all share ours with other ;)

And of course this creates a whole new variable to the whole connection to foretellers thing. We just don't know as of yet. But again, it's fun to speculate.

Actually, I was talking about the Keyblade's design itself. It fits the criterion for a Foreteller Keyblade, Animal Insignia, the eye of Darkness and the fact that it's obtainable at Dream Drop Distance: a game that is very heavily focused on dreams. There's a possibility that a fusion may have occured with The Master of Masters Keyblade and the Sixth Apprentice's keyblade. At the end of the day, just because this Keyblade is darkness infused doesn't mean it's evil: (take Riku's Way To The Dawn as an example of that). It may have been called End Of Pain to prevent the suffering of the other Foretellers to continue with their light obsession.

Xehanort has the sixth Foretellers keyblade. It is the oldest one as far as we know as the other Foreteller Keyblades have yet to be claimed. Because as we all know Xehanort just grabbed that keyblade when it was hung up in The Castle of Departure.But question is who brought that keyblade with them? If all the Foretellers got killed?

Xehanort has the sixth Foretellers keyblade. It is the oldest one as far as we know as the other Foreteller Keyblades have yet to be claimed. Because as we all know Xehanort just grabbed that keyblade when it was hung up in The Castle of Departure.But question is who brought that keyblade with them? If all the Foretellers got killed?

We cannot assume that was the Sixth Forteller's Keyblade. For all we know, that Keyblade could be the Master of Master's Keyblade (which further justifies the whole oldest Keyblade situation). Regardless, I'm still suspicious about the End of Pain Keychain and it's significance...

We cannot assume that was the Sixth Forteller's Keyblade. For all we know, that Keyblade could be the Master of Master's Keyblade (which further justifies the whole oldest Keyblade situation). Regardless, I'm still suspicious about the End of Pain Keychain and it's significance...

Maybe if the Foretellers where reborn, Dream Drop Distance is based on dreams. So it could be a connection from the previous life. Though I doubt Kingdom Hearts would go into that area

This is a really good and interesting theory.  I never noticed any of that about End of Pain until you brought it up.  I was comparing the image of End of Pain with the Foretellers' Keyblades and Master Xehanort's Keyblade to see if it looked like they all belonged together, and something I noticed about the Foretellers' Keyblades is that each of them have the same heart symbol somewhere on their Keyblades.  I don't see this heart anywhere on End of Pain, but then again, I can't find it anywhere on Master Xehanort's Keybalde either.  So, the heart thing is probably nothing.  I just thought I'd point it out.

This is a really good and interesting theory.  I never noticed any of that about End of Pain until you brought it up.  I was comparing the image of End of Pain with the Foretellers' Keyblades and Master Xehanort's Keyblade to see if it looked like they all belonged together, and something I noticed about the Foretellers' Keyblades is that each of them have the same heart symbol somewhere on their Keyblades.  I don't see this heart anywhere on End of Pain, but then again, I can't find it anywhere on Master Xehanort's Keybalde either.  So, the heart thing is probably nothing.  I just thought I'd point it out.

Cheers, not only that, there's the animal Insignia too (something prevalent with the Forteller's). My personal theory is that we may be introduced to Keyblade fusions in Kingdom Hearts X Back Cover. If you closely inspect Master Xehanort's Keyblade, it's a Chimera. A chimera is a creature that is a Fusion of a Lion/Goat/Dragon.

Posted Image

What my theory is that, The Master of Masters fuses his Keyblade with the Sixth Apprentice's Keyblade to create the Chimera Keyblade. Basically, the Master of Master's Keyblade is a Lion (probably a White Lion Keyblade), This may have lore implication in which the Sixth Apprentice and the Master of Masters clash.

If you closely inspect Master Xehanort's Keyblade, it's a Chimera. A chimera is a creature that is a Fusion of a Lion/Goat/Dragon.

It's officially a "horned lion", similar to a Qilin, Tarasque, Shiisa, or even just a demon-version of a lion.