Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Allpro11414

Braig's Motive...

So im replaying BBS in II.5 and I've been thinking why does Braig just go along with Xehanort after he set him up as "Collateral Damage" against Terra( :cool: ). He says its to get his hands on a keyblade but no one has asked what he intends to do with one, once he has it. He has essentially givin up his free will, just for a keyblade. Anybody else find this intriguing. >.>

I know of at least one person who believes Braig has an ulterior motive and is just using Xehanort, which given the circumstances and his general demeanor, I can understand why he'd think that, but I really do think Nomura just wrote him with just that ambition in mind. He's willing to give himself up for a Keyblade and he wants to see what Xehanort will do. It's like he's part of a cult now. 

Some people will give up everything, even gtheir very souls, for power. The Keyblade is the most powwerful weapon in the KH Universe (well, after the x-blade) Braig seems to be that kind of person. That's why if there is a traitor among the Seekers of Darkness, it's most likely him.

Edited by Isamu_Kuno

I know of at least one person who believes Braig has an ulterior motive and is just using Xehanort, which given the circumstances and his general demeanor, I can understand why he'd think that, but I really do think Nomura just wrote him with just that ambition in mind. He's willing to give himself up for a Keyblade and he wants to see what Xehanort will do. It's like he's part of a cult now. 

The cult comparison is pretty accurate lol

Some people will give up everything, even gtheir very souls, for power. The Keyblade is the most powwerful weapon in the KH Universe (well, after the x-blade) Braig seems to be that kind of person. That's why if there is a traitor among the Seekers of Darkness, it's most likely him.

Yea i guess power in the end is a good enough reason to some, thats Terra's reasoning for all the dumbass crap he did in BBS even tho hes my fav out of the trio

Spoilers for Birth by Sleep (if you haven't played it yet):

I don't know what Braig planned to do with the Keyblade once he had one.  Maybe we will find out in Kingdom Hearts III.  However, as far as why he still went along with Master Xehanort, even after what happened during his fight with Terra, I think part of it may have been that he didn't want to cross Master Xehanort and risk getting hurt even further.  After all, when Braig tried attacking Master Xehanort after the fight, Master Xehanort turned his Keyblade on him, which seemed to scare him.  Braig also said to Aqua in the Keyblade Graveyard, "I keep forgetting--don't mess with Keyblade wielders.  But you know what?  That just means I made the right choice!"

I really don't think it's as simple as getting a Keyblade. Braig is cryptic. When hes introduced in Kingdom Hearts II, he doesn't really get all that much screentime. Before, Birth by Sleep, we just assumed that he's just as regular as every other organization XIII member. Braig probably has an added incentive to be part Xehanort beyond a Keyblade. He's smart enough to understand that there's a variety of ways of getting a Keyblade far more viable than sacrificing yourself as a vessel.

Basically, Braig has an ulterior motive that has yet to be unraveled. Maybe X Back Cover could potentially elaborate on that motive?

So im replaying BBS in II.5 and I've been thinking why does Braig just go along with Xehanort after he set him up as "Collateral Damage" against Terra( :cool: ). He says its to get his hands on a keyblade but no one has asked what he intends to do with one, once he has it. He has essentially givin up his free will, just for a keyblade. Anybody else find this intriguing. >.>

XigbarBraig's motives were never explained beyond that and it feels like a reaaaaaaally shallow goal considering that at this point...........everyone can get a keyblade as long as they're either part Xehanort or plot convenience want them to get one (I love AxelLea but he never needed a keyblade)

I feel like there's more to his plan then just getting a keyblade,I always assumed that him wanting a keyblade in BBS was a simple lie to explain why he kidnapped Master Xehanort and fights Terra,ultimatly the plan in that scene is to wake Terra's darkness and he never bring up the keyblade thing ever again after that if I remember correctly.We'll probably learn about his true motivation in KH3.

One other thing I was thinking about,maybe Braig doesn't really have a plan for himself,maybe in the beginning of BBS Xehanort and Braig had a simple deal but at some point after his fight with Terra, Xehanort turned him into one of his vessels so now he's obeying Xehanort's command and he's drag into this mess against his will

XigbarBraig's motives were never explained beyond that and it feels like a reaaaaaaally shallow goal considering that at this point...........everyone can get a keyblade as long as they're either part Xehanort or plot convenience want them to get one (I love AxelLea but he never needed a keyblade)

I thought i was the only one that never understood why Lea got a keyblade, now that i think about it tho, theyre just setting up a Keyblade fight between him and Isa.

I thought i was the only one that never understood why Lea got a keyblade, now that i think about it tho, theyre just setting up a Keyblade fight between him and Isa.

LeaAxel never needed a keyblade neither in combat nor in practical use as he's more efficient with his chakrams than a blunt weapon like the keyblade

They're giving keyblades away like candy now as a way of saying that only keyblade wielders and Xehanort associates can be relevant to the plot at this point