The Tokyo Skytree's website newsletter just released its event details for the Tower of Radiance and Shadow event to commemorate the release of Kingdom Hearts III. The event will take place from January 8, 2019 and end on March 5, 2019.
The event will take up the upper half of the tower, showing off worlds throughout the series and original content.
• Opening hours: from 8:30am to 21:00pm
• For the sake of a limited sale, the postcards distribution will end as soon as they’re out of stock.
• The stamps can be acquired at The Los Angeles corridor, Temped Deck Floor 350, Floor 345, 5th floor exit floor, 1st floor group floor
• The premium trade period is: From 2019 January 8th (Tue), to March 12th (Tue)
• All prices (for the goods) are 8% tax included.
• The following pictures are photographs. The posted content, design, etc may vary.
• Kingdom Hearts Premium Round Theater dates and opening hours:
- From Tuesday, January 8th, 2019 to Tuesday, March 5th, 2019 -
- On January 8th (Tue) 19: 30/20: 15/21: 00
- From January 9th (Wed) to January 31st (Thu) 18: 00/18: 45/19: 30/20: 15/21: 00
- From February 1st (Fri) to February 28th (Thu) 18: 30/19: 15/20: 00/20: 45
- From March 1st (Fri) to March 5th (Tue) 18: 45/19: 30/20: 15/21: 00
*Each projection lasts 8 minutes.
*On January 18 (Fri), February 1 (Fri), February 8 (Fri), 14 (Thu), 15 (Fri), 22 (Fri) and March 1st (Friday) it will only be showed once in order to hold the Disco Event.
*On January 25 (Friday) it will be screened only at 18: 00 and 18: 45 in order to hold the Disco event.
Place: Tokyo Sky Tree Tempo Deck, Floor 350.
*Screening date and time may change without notice.
With the event starting on floor 350, fans are able to view an 8 minute screening of the history of the series before heading up the elevator to the main part of the event. Upon reaching the 445th floor, you're greeted with worlds that Sora has visited and a photo op section featuring his throne. Going up the 110 meter windmill corridor, the walls will be covered with worlds such as "Wonderland", "Atlantica", "Olympus Coliseum", and "Neverland" with the Keyblade from each respective world introducing it. On the other side of the wall, it shows Sora's journey with maps of the world maps from each title. Arriving at floor 450, a photo op section featuring the Keyblade Graveyard is installed, where fans can take pictures holding Keyblades from the series. At the tower's highest point, fans are welcomed to a Keyblade installed onto a stand where touching it simulates the opening of the door to light. In this room, it seems that there are new renders of characters that haven't been officially released such as Xemnas, Xigbar, Saix, Vanitas, Luxord, and Young Xehanort!
The event also includes a shop selling limited time goods, where every 1,500 Japanese Yen spent grants you one out of the 5 available stamps. Once all 5 stamps are acquired, you will be granted a limited postcard while supplies last. The products are listed below:
• Kingdom Hearts III Printed cookies 1,382 ¥
• Kingdom Hearts III Printed Ramuné 486 ¥
• Kingdom Hearts III Acrylic Holders, Tokyo Sky Tree limited goods 702 ¥
• Kingdom Hearts III Clear Sky <Tower of Radiance and Shadow at the Tokyo Sky Tree> 432 ¥
• Kingdom Hearts III Badges Collection Vol.1, Tokyo Sky Tree limited goods 432 ¥
• Kingdom Hearts III Metal Keyblade Holder <Tower of Radiance and Shadow> 1,620 ¥
Images previewing the event have been released. You can view them below.
Thanks to KH13's Mio for the translations!
UPDATE: [Dec 26, 2018]: Disney Games Japan has posted a new trailer for the Tower of Radiance and Shadow event on their Twitter. You can watch it below.