Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

Completely far-fetched, I know. But think about it: Ansem the Wise was, according to the KH wiki, the "sage-king" of Radiant Garden. Likewise, Kairi is the princess of Radiant Garden. I'm drawing this theory from a monarchical sense, wherein political power is concentrated within a royal family. Is it possible that Kairi is some kind of descendant/heir to Ansem? 

Kairi wasn't an actual royal princess per se. "Princess of Heart" is just a title bc she has no darkness and has a heart of pure light. Also:

You would think if Ansem the Wise was Kairi's father you would read more in his reports discussing about his " daughter", Kairi.  He calls her a "resident." He treated Namine like crap too and just used her. It doesn't add up at all tbh.

Xehanort would have also had known about Kairi as well and he didn't even know her name when he wrote his reports. She was a complete stranger and he took her from the world.

Nomura also stated that family wasn't really a thing he wanted to go into at the time as well.

You also don't need to be born an actual royal princess to be a Princess of Heart. Alice, Belle and Cinderella weren't born as royal princesses (nor did the first two become royal princesses).

Kairi wasn't an actual royal princess per se. "Princess of Heart" is just a title bc she has no darkness and has a heart of pure light. Also:

You would think if Ansem the Wise was Kairi's father you would read more in his reports discussing about his " daughter", Kairi.  He calls her a "resident." He treated Namine like crap too and just used her. It doesn't add up at all tbh.

Xehanort would have also had known about Kairi as well and he didn't even know her name when he wrote his reports. She was a complete stranger and he took her from the world.

Nomura also stated that family wasn't really a thing he wanted to go into at the time as well.

Okay, that makes sense. I mean I figured that maybe Kairi would be some sort of granddaughter to him, but you make a good point when you say that he never addresses her as such. I've only ever skimmed (and that's a generous term) the Ansem Reports, so I guess I wouldn't really know. 

On 12/23/2016 at 8:12 PM, SomeKHFan said:

You also don't need to be born an actual royal princess to be a Princess of Heart. Alice, Belle and Cinderella weren't born as royal princesses (nor did the first two become royal princesses).

Actually Alice was of royal blood so was technically in the line of royalty deep down in original novels her family were a royal duke and lady and she actually was far down be it but in the line to the throne in England so she's technically a princess. and Belle and Cinderella became a princess when married a prince so they were princesses. Kairi is the only one with no actual royal connection so it does likely mean that she is in some way related to the royalty of her land maybe Ansem is her great uncle and her grandma is his sister or something but I agree with the fact Ansem made clear he had no family (no wife no kids)