Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
xTheOnlyProdigyx

Could Kingdom Hearts 3 work on the Nintendo Switch?!

It is a possibility, if the game isn't too big. SE would have to downscale texture resolutions, polygon count and particle effects for the game to run on the Switch. Could it happen? I would say that chances are pretty slim, especially since the cartridge capacity for the Switch is only said to be at 16GB. It might be enough space, depending on how much they compress and downscale though. I think the only KH game(s) that would ever be ported would be KH 1.5 & 2.5, as the hardware requirements to run @ 30 FPS and at 720p are fairly small. Who knows?

I do think it would be great if they could do it, though. There are plenty of KH fans out there who still don't have a PS4, and plenty more out there who would love to play KH3 on the go. Visually, the experience won't be the same, but at the expense of being able to play anywhere, I'd say it's still a win.

Would I personally get it for the Switch? If I had one, probably. I have a PS4 already, but I'm the type of person who would love to be able to experience it in its full visual glory, and still have the option to take my game anywhere, even if I can't cross the save file between consoles. Plus, it would be fun to compare the two to see how well each of them play on their respective systems.

Anyway, that's my take on it.

Edited by Svard

I don't think so. The game will be extremely large and surely run on 60 fps. I don't think the Switch will be able to handle something like KH3.

Uh, 0.2 doesn't even run at 60FPS on a PS4 Pro. You're kinda setting the standards pretty high.

doesn't the switch cartridge have low space or something? I guess if they down-scaled the game significantly it would work but idk if it's worth it.

might be better to hope for a KH game made with the Switch in mind. 

16-32GB. Lower res textures saves a lot of space & would make the game overall perform better on the system.

I think it's gotten to be too late for any more spin-offs. Nobody wants one, they want KH3. & everyone would just counting down the days until it's ported to PS4 anyway.

I do think it would be great if they could do it, though. There are plenty of KH fans out there who still don't have a PS4, and plenty more out there who would love to play KH3 on the go. Visually, the experience won't be the same, but at the expense of being able to play anywhere, I'd say it's still a win.

Would I personally get it for the Switch? If I had one, probably. I have a PS4 already, but I'm the type of person who would love to be able to experience it in its full visual glory, and still have the option to take my game anywhere, even if I can't cross the save file between consoles. Plus, it would be fun to compare the two to see how well each of them play on their respective systems.

Well there's remote play on Vita...

Edited by MAtgS

Uh, 0.2 doesn't even run at 60FPS on a PS4 Pro. You're kinda setting the standards pretty high.

I am sure the KH fan base will want KH3 on 60 fps. Nomura is no moron and surely believes that the fans will want the game to be running at 60 fps. Plus, for common sense, it would allow the game to run more smoothly.

I am sure the KH fan base will want KH3 on 60 fps. Nomura is no moron and surely believes that the fans will want the game to be running at 60 fps. Plus, for common sense, it would allow the game to run more smoothly.

In that case the fanbase should all be buying XBox Scorpios.

Edited by MAtgS

I don't think so. The game will be extremely large and surely run on 60 fps. I don't think the Switch will be able to handle something like KH3.

Trust me, if it can handle a huge game like Breath of the Wild, it can handle Kingdom Hearts 3.

Also, Super Mario Oddysey can run at 60fps. (CUE RANDOM STARMAN THEME)

Edited by lollygagger19

Lol, they can want what they want, doesn't mean it will be 60fps.