Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Exiblade7

Don't expect zootopia to be in kingdom hearts 3

Saying that zootopia could be in kingdom hearts 3 is just like saying Moana could be in kingdom hearts 3. These movies are just way to recent to be in kingdom hearts 3,unless Disney let SE borrow assets from zootopia while the movie was in development, which I don't see happening, don't expect it to be in kingdom hearts 3.

I mean, the setting for the world is perfect for kh gameplay wise because there are different sections of zootopia the player could traverse through, but storywise it wouldn't really fit kh at all. 

I'm not saying it wouldn't be good as a world for kingdom hearts 3, but just like I said earlier, it's just too recent. 

I will be laughing so far if it somehow ends up being a world in kingdom hearts 3

Edited by Zeldablade7

Nope, every movie after 2014 is NOT in Kingdom Hearts 3. Thats been confirmed!

which is why I said don't expect it in kh3. I've seen some interesting discussion about it on other sites, so I thought i'd might as well bring it up here. 

Edited by Zeldablade7

There is a problem I have with the wording of the interview. If I recall corrrectly, they said Big Hero 6 was the last world they decided on but that does not mean that anything after is out of the question. It was just the last movie that received green light. Technically, they could have also decided on Treasure Planet (if it were to appear) or Tangled last for example because there were problems or reservations with planning, including it in the overall plot, etc, but that would not imply that nothing that was released after could make it into the game.

Especially after considering that they also mentioned they had access to movies which were just in the making. I find it a bit hard to interpret that sort of information since we don't know how accurate the translation is or how the implications were meant.

That being said, I do not believe Zootopia had much of a chance. If we assume the leak is real, that would already be two transformations. A third one with a reduced number of Disney movies may go a bit overboard since the original plot cannot be driven forward very well in my opinion in a Zootopia world.

However, since it was already said in an interview that they would reveal all worlds beforehand since in the age of DLC they could easily add worlds after (which I hope they won't, it might still have a chance as some sort of extra gimmick as DLC.

Moana is also a bit problematic since so much of the movie plays on water. The realm of monsters would be a possibility but other than that, most islands appeared to be rather tiny and it could be a bit dull to just play on water on a boat. It worked for TLoZ Windwaker, but for KH... Not too sure.

Edited by Merilly

These movies are just way to recent to be in kingdom hearts 3,unless Disney let SE borrow assets from zootopia while the movie was in development, which I don't see happening, don't expect it to be in kingdom hearts 3.

It was confirmed in an interview tho that SE gets early access to the Disney movies. Meaning it's hypothetically possible for them to include Zootopia.

It was confirmed in an interview tho that SE gets early access to the Disney movies. Meaning it's hypothetically possible for them to include Zootopia.

I find it interesting that zootopia was announced the SAME year kingdom hearts 3 was announced. If what you said is true then, they MAY have had this movie under their radar for long while. 

We should also note that SE NEVER directly said that films that came out after Big Hero 6 won't make it. All they said was Big Hero 6 was the last one decided. 

Edited by Zeldablade7

I find it interesting that zootopia was announced the SAME year kingdom hearts 3 was announced. If what you said is true then, they MAY have had this movie under their radar for long while. 

We should also note that SE NEVER directly said that films that came out after Big Hero 6 won't make it. All they said was Big Hero 6 was the last one decided. 

Yeah, exactly. Also we can't tell when they stopped picking new worlds for KH3, I don't think they ever actually said that. So we can't fully determine what movies are possible and what are not.

Yeah, exactly. Also we can't tell when they stopped picking new worlds for KH3, I don't think they ever actually said that. So we can't fully determine what movies are possible and what are not.

didn't they stop picking new worlds for kh3 in 2015 or is that just an assumption based on what SE said? 

Edited by Zeldablade7

Tron Legacy was released back in 2010 and yet it was made into a world in Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance which was released two years after the film in 2012. Zootopia was released in 2016 and Kingdom Hearts 3 will be releasing in 2018. Zootopia may had a chance to appear as a world in Kingdom Hearts 3 just like Tron Legacy. However, just like Connected said. It's already been confirmed that Disney film's released after 2014 won't appear in Kingdom Hearts 3. 

Edited by Movies798

Tron Legacy was released back in 2010 and yet it was made into a world in Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance which was released two years after the film in 2012. Zootopia was released in 2016 and Kingdom Hearts 3 will be releasing in 2018. Zootopia may had a chance to appear as a world in Kingdom Hearts 3 just like Tron Legacy. However, just like Connected said. It's already been confirmed that Disney film's released after 2014 won't appear in Kingdom Hearts 3.

When did they say that? I don’t recall that xD

When did they say that? I don’t recall that xD

It's actually 2015, I made the same mistake.

KH2.8” leads to “KHIII”, and the other day “Big Hero 6"’s world was announced with great applause.

NomuraBecause it was the most recent world decided, there was not a lot I could tell but I’m glad the guests were excited. Big Hero 6 is from the near future but in a cityscape with a

modern feel and the sheer amount of action and fun are what made it a clear choice for me.

And since Big Hero 6 was the last world that was decided to be in Kingdom Hearts 3, it kinda means the movies after (August) 2015 wouldn't make an appearance.

Edited by Connected

It's actually 2015, I made the same mistake.

And since Big Hero 6 was the last world that was decided to be in Kingdom Hearts 3, it kinda means the movies after (August) 2015 wouldn't make an appearance.

Well Zootopia got released in March 2016. So technically it’d be possible that, when SE got early access to its script, they decided on adding it before August 2015. Another thing, they only said “most recent” world. Not “final” world. They could have picked more after that date, no?

I don’t think Zootopia will make it, for different reasons, but I think theoretically it’s possible.

Well Zootopia got released in March 2016. So technically it’d be possible that, when SE got early access to its script, they decided on adding it before August 2015. Another thing, they only said “most recent” world. Not “final” world. They could have picked more after that date, no?

I don’t think Zootopia will make it, for different reasons, but I think theoretically it’s possible.

Sorry I couldn't find the article that says that big Hero was the last decided world.

You can read it here: http://kh13.com/news/kingdom-hearts-iii-featured-in-october-issue-of-playstation-official-magazine-uk

I guess it's better to assume that any film that came out only a few years before a kh game releases won't make it in the game. This has happened with kh2 where Chicken little and kh2 weren't that far apart from releasing after all. Better to expect nothing then to expect something and then get disappointed because it didn't make it into the game 

Sorry I couldn't find the article that says that big Hero was the last decided world.

You can read it here: http://kh13.com/news/kingdom-hearts-iii-featured-in-october-issue-of-playstation-official-magazine-uk

If we think about all different angles, who's to say that zootopia wasn't picked before Big Hero 6 was picked. Just because the movie came out in 2016 doesn't mean it can't make it into the game. Remember, SE has early access to Disney movies and if they viewed the movie before August 2015, wouldn't that count? I know this is a huge stretch, but it is a possibility, a very slim possibility 
Edited by Zeldablade7

I also believe that Zootopia won't be in Kingdom Hearts III, but it could be in the next saga! But there is also the matter of Nomura having said that they have access to many Disney films when they are still early in development, as Merilly stated, so maybe there could have been a chance of Zootopia being considered! And then there's that Nick And Judy medal in Union X, so I highly doubt that they'd be in that game if that didn't tease about Zootopia potentially being in Kingdom Hearts III, just like those Jungle Book medals! Nomura has wanted to add Jungle Book since forever, so it could be that the film finally makes it as a world! Though if we take Union X's teases out of the question, then really, maybe San Fransokyo truly was the last world they picked, and therefore no movie after that could be chosen as a world, ya know?

I also believe that Zootopia won't be in Kingdom Hearts III, but it could be in the next saga! But there is also the matter of Nomura having said that they have access to many Disney films when they are still early in development, as Merilly stated, so maybe there could have been a chance of Zootopia being considered! And then there's that Nick And Judy medal in Union X, so I highly doubt that they'd be in that game if that didn't tease about Zootopia potentially being in Kingdom Hearts III, just like those Jungle Book medals! Nomura has wanted to add Jungle Book since forever, so it could be that the film finally makes it as a world! Though if we take Union X's teases out of the question, then really, maybe San Fransokyo truly was the last world they picked, and therefore no movie after that could be chosen as a world, ya know?

If I had to be honest, I don't think we will see the film in the game not just because it is too recent, but also because of various facts that were stated by previous users on this thread and since zootopia came out after Big Hero 6, it is more likely it won't be in the game and drastically less likely it will be in the game. 

I guess not expecting it in the game is the best answer, besides, I'm sure the worlds that will be in kingdom hearts 3 will be awesome anyways, both storywise and gameplay wise especially of what we've seen of the toy story world. 

Edited by Zeldablade7

If I had to be honest, I don't think we will see the film in the game not just because it is too recent, but also because of various facts that were stated by previous users on this thread and since zootopia came out after Big Hero 6, it is more likely it won't be in the game and drastically less likely it will be in the game. 

I guess not expecting it in the game is the best answer, besides, I'm sure the worlds that will be in kingdom hearts 3 will be awesome anyways, both storywise and gameplay wise especially of what we've seen of the toy story world. 

Yeah, I'm confident that the worlds Nomura chose for Kingdom Hearts III will be amazing. I'm not really expecting Zootopia to be in the game, as I think it'll appear in the next saga, ya know?