Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
DJ369

Making My Own KH3 Sora Cosplay

Hey guys, so I've decided to start creating my own cosplay for this year's comic con, and I want to go as Sora in his KH3 outfit to celebrate Kingdom Hearts 3 coming this year! Do you guys have any suggestions on how to go about making the costume from scratch? Thanks!

I haven't made a Sora cosplay before, but I have made several cosplays over the years.  What I would recommend is making Sora's outfit into three separate pieces: shirt, jacket, and pants.  Try to find patterns that bear similarities to Sora's costume that you can alter, as that is considerably easier than working with solely your measurements and a piece of paper to sketch a pattern onto.  To save you a lot of time and possibly money, you could probably find a cheap v-neck t-shirt to serve as the undershirt so that you could just make the jacket and pants.  Sweatshirt fleece might be a good material for the pants, as it will have a slight stretch without being obnoxiously stretchy and shouldn't be too expensive.  You could probably patch on denim portions to replicate the look of Sora's pockets.

For the gloves, I'd recommend tracing your hand and arm on a piece of paper, widen it so that it fits looser like Sora's, and then just sew around the edges.  For this you may want to have a stretch fabric, or at least for the part around the hand (ideally a 4-stretch spandex).  Don't worry about doing any stitching around the finger area, as spandex doesn't fray and it will save you a lot of stress to avoid sewing the fabric down.

Good luck, and please do share pictures when you have it completed!

I haven't made a Sora cosplay before, but I have made several cosplays over the years.  What I would recommend is making Sora's outfit into three separate pieces: shirt, jacket, and pants.  Try to find patterns that bear similarities to Sora's costume that you can alter, as that is considerably easier than working with solely your measurements and a piece of paper to sketch a pattern onto.  To save you a lot of time and possibly money, you could probably find a cheap v-neck t-shirt to serve as the undershirt so that you could just make the jacket and pants.  Sweatshirt fleece might be a good material for the pants, as it will have a slight stretch without being obnoxiously stretchy and shouldn't be too expensive.  You could probably patch on denim portions to replicate the look of Sora's pockets.

For the gloves, I'd recommend tracing your hand and arm on a piece of paper, widen it so that it fits looser like Sora's, and then just sew around the edges.  For this you may want to have a stretch fabric, or at least for the part around the hand (ideally a 4-stretch spandex).  Don't worry about doing any stitching around the finger area, as spandex doesn't fray and it will save you a lot of stress to avoid sewing the fabric down.

Good luck, and please do share pictures when you have it completed!

Thanks a lot for the suggestions, I'll be sure to post when I get it done!

Hey guys, so I've decided to start creating my own cosplay for this year's comic con, and I want to go as Sora in his KH3 outfit to celebrate Kingdom Hearts 3 coming this year! Do you guys have any suggestions on how to go about making the costume from scratch? Thanks!

Nice! What a perfect way to honor Kingdom Hearts III! I did precisely that last year, as I cosplayed as Sora in his Kingdom Hearts III outfit for last year's Comic Con here in Puerto Rico in honor of the series' 15th Anniversary! I didn't make mine, though, I bought the costume from Amazon and the wig, boots and Kingdom Key from Ebay. And for this year's Comic-Con, I'm gonna cosplay as Sora again on Sunday, to celebrate the release of Kingdom Hearts III!

So then, as for you, following what Mystic said is probably your best option. She's adept in the art of cosplaying and making her own cosplays, so trust me, you'll get it done! Wish you the best of luck!