Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
matteso586

Video Games That Deserve HD Remakes

Dragon Quest V - if they told me it was gonna look and play like DQXI I'd cry tears of joy. Outside the KH games, DQV is my favourite game. I've played it 10x. I know where every treasure chest is, every interesting line of dialogue is triggered, fought every monster, married every wife, etc. Blood sweat and tears have literally gone into that game along with 1000+ hrs of my life and for a HD version I'd give 1000 more.

Also, Persona 1-4 would be cool too. I'd love to play them all prettied up, kupo.

I believe that a remake of Super Mario World would be great! It's probably one of my favorite Mario games of all time, and I never even played through it completely, because I've never owned it myself. I remember playing a Game Boy Advance port of it back in middle school! And I remember also playing it on my brother's Wii. But yeah, a remake of this game would be awesome!

I'd like a Sonic Adventure remake, mostly because I want sonic team to go through some course correction with the series and I think that would be the best way to do it. I don't have a burning desire for anything to be remade though, and most people in the thread have covered my picks anyway

On 11/5/2019 at 3:36 AM, 2 quid is good said:

I'd like a Sonic Adventure remake, mostly because I want sonic team to go through some course correction with the series and I think that would be the best way to do it. I don't have a burning desire for anything to be remade though, and most people in the thread have covered my picks anyway

I've always heard that this particular entry in the Sonic franchise is the best!

22 hours ago, fabrizcaidyn said:

The heartbreak and troubles the sea-salt trio go through are WAY more potent when you've actually gone through the hours of gameplay to back it up.  I really wish I hadn't loaned my game copy and never got it back.  :( The movie is okay, but I don't ever find myself going: "hmmm... 

This has nothing to do with the topic.

16 hours ago, matteso586 said:

This has nothing to do with the topic.

I mean it can be interpreted as "I think Days should have a HD remake" which is perfectly on topic.
I've already posted in this thread before, but I feel like recently there's been a lot of buzz around sonic adventure. I'm feeling 50% positive about some related news for that game coming out soon

On 11/6/2019 at 8:25 PM, The Transcendent Key said:

I've always heard that this particular entry in the Sonic franchise is the best!

I would personally say that it is, because I think it balances out platforming, speed, and plot perfectly and has the right amount of attitude for a Sonic game. However it is a 1999 game, so there's a lot of wear and tear there -.-

But personally the age of a game doesn't bother me at all as long as I have fun with it! It's similar to how people feel about KH1 not aging well, I think it's stil fun to play so it's aged just fine to me

On 1/8/2020 at 11:06 AM, 2 quid is good said:

I would personally say that it is, because I think it balances out platforming, speed, and plot perfectly and has the right amount of attitude for a Sonic game. However it is a 1999 game, so there's a lot of wear and tear there -.-

But personally the age of a game doesn't bother me at all as long as I have fun with it! It's similar to how people feel about KH1 not aging well, I think it's stil fun to play so it's aged just fine to me

Ahhh, I see what you mean! And yeah, honestly, I don't feel like a game's age really matters. I can play any game, regardless of graphical quality. As long as the game has an engaging story and fun gameplay, I'm in!

On 8/14/2019 at 12:00 AM, Smithee said:

Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door.

Not just ^that. But an HD trilogy of it, Paper Mario 64, and Super Paper Mario.

Edited by Smithee

Most of these are games that everybody and their mothers have, and don't really need improvements.

So I'm gonna go with FromSoftware's "Echo Night" trilogy. Spooky, atmospheric, and stuck on PS1 and 2 with controls that aged poorly.