Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Fullmetal Keyblade

A Problem In KH3 Reviews That isn't A Real Problem (No Spoilers)

The biggest complaint, and what many have called a "Flaw" in KH3's combat is a seemingly overwhelming variety of options and being forced to use Situation Commands, in particular the Attraction Rides. Venturing into the Abilities Tab in the Main Menu shows that many of these Situation Commands can be disabled as Sora gains them,or simply ignored in combat. Going to the Config Tab allows disabling the cut scenes before a Keyblade Transformation, Attraction Ride or Summon, ect. The gameplay can and should be tailored to each individuals preferred style of play, and this was something seemingly overlooked as a feature in early reviews, as if the player had no way to disable any special commands, or could simply cycle through the ones available. This to me seemed unfair to neglect mentioning in reviews, and although KH3 has received mostly glowing critiques, the deep customization options that have been prevalent since KH2 are just as integral to the gameplay as ever, and even more so considering the sheer variety of options now present.  

Edited by Fullmetal Keyblade

To be frank, some of the options don't even seem to be worth it anyway from what I've seen. Flow Motion has be nerfed into the ground, Links suck (lol you have to have full MP, waste it all, and you get 0 I-frames for your trouble. Whose brilliant idea was that?), Attraction Flow just seems really gimmicky (and also lacks I-frames, which is garbage for things like the Astro Blaster Attraction), and many Keyblade Transformations are overshadowed by the Tangled Keyblade.

Also, wanting to disable or ignore most of these things should speak volumes about the game design.

Edited by Karxrida

39 minutes ago, Karxrida said:

To be frank, some of the options don't even seem to be worth it anyway from what I've seen....

Also, wanting to disable or ignore most of these things should speak volumes about the game design.

I believe the intention is to let the player have freedom in how they want to approach the game, whether or not the game fully succeeds on this front, or had higher aspriations then it delivered, is agruable. 

3 hours ago, Karxrida said:

To be frank, some of the options don't even seem to be worth it anyway from what I've seen. Flow Motion has be nerfed into the ground, Links suck (lol you have to have full MP, waste it all, and you get 0 I-frames for your trouble. Whose brilliant idea was that?), Attraction Flow just seems really gimmicky (and also lacks I-frames, which is garbage for things like the Astro Blaster Attraction), and many Keyblade Transformations are overshadowed by the Tangled Keyblade.

I can understand how these things may be concerning, but I think the fact that, despite these flaws, the game is still receiving great reviews shows that these flaws did not break the game or make it unenjoyable.  Because of that, I'm not too worried about them.  I also think that it is really cool that we have the option to turn off some of these features if we don't want to use them.  While I suppose that wanting to turn them off could be viewed as a bad thing since that could mean that they aren't that good, at least we have the option to do so to customize our style of play so that we can play the way we want to and get the most enjoyment out of it.  That's how I see it anyway.