Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

Don't understand why we only get 9 save slots. I understand the game is large in terms of file size but if you've got a terabyte drive in your system space isn't a concern. I hope we get 99 save slots patched in the future.

I think it is because of the photos. Like for FFXV (yeark).
Games that have in-game save menu have one file on the ps4 (for the 9 slots). Thus, you need to know the size in advance. If you have only data: 99 slots is small, but if you save pictures as well, then you need to allocate 500mb per slot in advance.
That's why it is written 50gb needed on disc even though the game is 40gb. 10gb is for the save file that is preallocated to contain all the pictures.
But I agree, it SUCKS!

That is interesting that only nine slots are available, since it is saving onto the drive and not a game cartridge.  Still beats the 2-3 save files of, say, DS or N64 games, though it's a shame that it is limited.  I only just got my PS4 so I don't know how it all works yet, but is there a way to save "save files" onto an external drive?  I remember doing this with my PS3, so I figured it may be an option with the PS4.

12 minutes ago, Mystics Apprentice said:

That is interesting that only nine slots are available, since it is saving onto the drive and not a game cartridge.  Still beats the 2-3 save files of, say, DS or N64 games, though it's a shame that it is limited.  I only just got my PS4 so I don't know how it all works yet, but is there a way to save "save files" onto an external drive?  I remember doing this with my PS3, so I figured it may be an option with the PS4.

Even 0.2 had 99 save slots. It needs to be patched in

55 minutes ago, cyntix said:

That's a bit overkill. ?

Why? Why would people need more than 9 save slots anyways? And if they need it, just make another user on your PS4. Simple solution.

4 minutes ago, JTD95 said:

Why? Why would people need more than 9 save slots anyways? And if they need it, just make another user on your PS4. Simple solution.

To practice for bosses. LVL1 proud is trash right now with absolute chip damage and you need to learn patterns to master fights. You cannot do this with only 9 slots.

On 1/30/2019 at 10:23 AM, rosco258 said:

Why would you want to do level 1 anyway?  Its a bigger headache then its worth.

For the challenge.

A frankly unfun challenge, but some people are masochists. Plus it might get patched to be actually functional in the future.