Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Dagesh Lene

KHUX How Much Do We Really Know About the Master of Masters' True Intentions? [SPOILERS]

This post contains spoilers for the latest update to Kingdom Hearts Union χ[Cross].

The Master of Masters has always been an enigma.  Now, we seem to have learned a lot about the Master of Masters' true intentions.  He said to Luxu, "There is a way to defeat the darkness.  But it won't be easy.  It would need a lot of time, and a whole lot of set up.  It would take more than several lifetimes.  That's why we are going to leave this world.  We will end the world.  We will discard time, and cast away the borders of the world.  All in order to defeat the darkness."

This made me recall what the Master of Masters said to Young Xehanort in Re:Mind.  When Young Xehanort asked him, "Who are you really?  Some kind of fortune-teller?"  He responded, "Well, I could lie and tell you that's what I am, when I'm actually a brilliant artist, or even a scholar.  I could tell you that I dream of world peace, when I'm actually planning for its destruction.  The truth is what you see with your eyes, not what you hear."

One could assume that this lines up well with what the Master of Masters said to Luxu, since the Master of Masters said to him that he is planning for the destruction of the world.  However, how much does that really line up?  If the Master of Masters truly wants to defeat the darkness, does that not mean that he is after world peace?  If he is planning for the destruction of world peace, does that not mean he wants endless conflict?  So the question still remains: how much do we truly know about the Master of Masters' true intentions?  Luxu trusted the Master of Masters' words, but as the Master of Masters said, "The truth is what you see with your eyes, not what you hear."  The Master of Masters manipulated the other Foretellers, so he could very much be manipulating Luxu as well.

With that being said, what if what has been revealed is true?  What if the Master of Masters truly is planning the destruction of the world in order to defeat the darkness?  Could it be that our heroes are actually going to have to fight to defend the darkness this time around?  After all, the world is made of light and darkness.  You can't have one without the other.  That could be an interesting turn of events.

The Master Of Masters is probably one of the most interesting characters that Nomura has concocted for the Kingdom Hearts series, and as such, I'm sure Nomura has big plans for him, and I'm excited to see what his true intentions will end up being in the long run.

22 hours ago, Véńțúş_wîņđ said:

Personally I think his plan is to use kingdom Hearts to connect unreality with the reality the kingdom Hearts characters know.

That's a possibility. If that is what he plans to do, then that leaves the question: what does he plan to do after that?

Ok so you know the novel kingdom Hearts x your story your keyblade. Well in that book it only tells the story of union cross but they cut out all the Disney world's so it's just pure lore I think if they remade that book into a game it would sell great.

17 minutes ago, Véńțúş_wîņđ said:

Ok so you know the novel kingdom Hearts x your story your keyblade. Well in that book it only tells the story of union cross but they cut out all the Disney world's so it's just pure lore I think if they remade that book into a game it would sell great.

It could, but I doubt that Disney would want them to release a Kingdom Hearts game that has no Disney stuff in it.

Yeah but if Disney was gonna make kingdom Hearts fragmented keys without square who's to say square wont make a game without Disney?. And also imagine if they did make khrux and it did have Disney 

1. That would make the game super boring I'm on like mission 956 and it took me months of grinding to get there and it game me 358/2days vibes.

2. It would give characters like ephermer,skuld,the player,ven,and louriam more character development.

I'm not exactly sure what the contract between Disney and Square is like, so I'm not sure if Square would be able to make a Kingdom Hearts game without Disney.

Assuming that the Disney stuff would have to stay, I think that if they wanted to remake the game in a way that people would like, they would have to get rid of the gacha elements and make each of the worlds one big map you can travel through and get rid of the missions that have to be done in order to progress. That way, they could get rid of some of the filler missions since you could just walk straight to the next part of the story without having to fight enemies. There could still be some missions to complete, but they would either be directly story related (I can't think of an example off the top of my head that actually happened in the game, so let's just say as an example that the Queen of Hearts orders you to hunt down a specific type of Heartless you have to hunt down all three of them) or just bonus missions (as a side note, I also think that the missions would have to be redone a bit if a remake of 358/2 Days is ever made).

If they don't remake the game, then I think the best bet would be for them to make a cutscene movie in the same style as 358/2 Days and Re:coded. That way we get all of the important stuff, but the Disney stuff is still there, just mentioned in summary form.