Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Vèńťúş_wíņđ_⅔

Why did the ps3 not get a kingdom Hearts game

I find that playstations most "revolutionary playstation" console at the time didn't get a kingdom Hearts title I would at least thought maybe kh bbs or maybe re:com since they both came out when the ps3 was kinda into its life already but idk I did read that the HD games were actually pretty hard to port/bring even to the ps3 system maybe that has something to do with it but idk.

20210409_102450.jpg

Edited by Vèńťúş_wíņđ_⅔

It was mostly due to timing. Nomura was hard at work with Versus XIII and he wanted portable games to help fill time and gaps before Kingdom Hearts III. Unfortunately due to Versus being delayed to a point that it was converted to XV, it was a bit too late to start on a game for the PS3 because the PS4 was right around the corner and the PS3 wasn't powerful enough for Nomura's vision for KH3.

in the credits for kh2.5 it showed the scene when sora is on Destiny islands and he finds the masters defender on the beach and it was in the kingdom shade so that was cool. The ps3 had a little bit of juice left in it.

Edited by Vèńťúş_wíņđ_⅔

17 minutes ago, Vèńťúş_wíņđ_⅔ said:

in the credits for kh2.5 it showed the scene when sora is on Destiny islands and he finds the masters defender on the beach and it was in the kingdom shade so that was cool. The ps3 had a little bit of juice left in it.

That wasn't in 2.5 That was the first teaser for KH3 shown at E3 back in 2013 running on their own custom engine.

One, Nomura was too busy with Final Fantasy Versus 13 and that project keep getting delay and restart like hundreds of times. And two Nomura develop Birth by Sleep (a major KH game) as a PSP game because he wanted to quickly to fill in the gaps before Kingdom Hearts 3. Plus, not to mention the PSP at the time was very popular. Personally I would rather had Birth by Sleep as a PS3 game to match the graphics and quality as Kingdom Hearts 1 and Kingdom Hearts 2. But it is what it is.

7 hours ago, Leamax said:

It was mostly due to timing. Nomura was hard at work with Versus XIII and he wanted portable games to help fill time and gaps before Kingdom Hearts III. Unfortunately due to Versus being delayed to a point that it was converted to XV, it was a bit too late to start on a game for the PS3 because the PS4 was right around the corner and the PS3 wasn't powerful enough for Nomura's vision for KH3.

Basically this. Closest we got was the 1.5 and 2.5 games.

That said, on a side note, I think Re:Chain of Memories should’ve been on the Wii (as well as PS2).

Edited by Jingilator

On 4/9/2021 at 4:27 PM, Jingilator said:

Basically this. Closest we got was the 1.5 and 2.5 games.

That said, on a side note, I think Re:Chain of Memories should’ve been on the Wii (as well as PS2).

Re:CoM was originally a PS2 game. The version on the 1.5 and 2.8 collections for PS3 and PS4 respectively are high definition ports of the PS2 version. If what you were trying to say there is that you think it should've been a Wii game in addition to having already been a PS2 game I'm sorry for misunderstanding you, but the way you worded/wrote it out didn't come across like that so I figured I'd mention it'd already been a PS2 game for reminder's sake if nothing else.

To make things a bit clearer, Square-Enix Japan had a fair amount of management issues during the 7th Generation of consoles(Xbox 360/Wii/PS3). They were developing for far more complex hardware while making new engines and development tools that were meant to support a wide spectrum of gameplay. Development of Final Fantasy XIII was hectic as a result. VsXIII, which was being developed by what was the main Kingdom Hearts team at the time, was delayed and rebooted more than once. Kingdom Hearts 3 was intended to be their next project afterwards, but that just didn't happen as a lot of reshuffling was done around 2012-2014. At least, that's how much I can summarize from memory. I'm not a reliable source.

7 hours ago, King_Graham said:

To make things a bit clearer, Square-Enix Japan had a fair amount of management issues during the 7th Generation of consoles(Xbox 360/Wii/PS3). They were developing for far more complex hardware while making new engines and development tools that were meant to support a wide spectrum of gameplay. Development of Final Fantasy XIII was hectic as a result. VsXIII, which was being developed by what was the main Kingdom Hearts team at the time, was delayed and rebooted more than once. Kingdom Hearts 3 was intended to be their next project afterwards, but that just didn't happen as a lot of reshuffling was done around 2012-2014. At least, that's how much I can summarize from memory. I'm not a reliable source.

from what i read vs13's main problem was no one could figure out what to do with the story. the has an established lore and characters but they just couldnt work out what to do with them

On 4/14/2021 at 5:04 AM, ocean's rage said:

from what i read vs13's main problem was no one could figure out what to do with the story. the has an established lore and characters but they just couldnt work out what to do with them

That's another valid issue. I've read that the mythology for XV was changed to avoid issues with ratings boards over religion. But they also wanted to use the Crystal Tools engine for multiple games, before Luminous Studio was developed(And KH3 was originally going to be developed for that too).