Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Recommended Posts

a lot of people dont like xionxroxas, terraxaqua or even soraxkairi. they say that kh doesnt need romance, its all about friendship.

but romance is a good thing it adds dimension to the characters and makes them more relatable. besides, there all plenty of male-female friendships, aqua and ven, axel and xion, axel and kairi, its not like everyone is a couple.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, yamibakura said:

 

examples?

any ship is in danger of being taken too far by the fans to the point they may cause some one to abandon social media due to their toxicity. people project what they want to see in the character relationships regardless of whats actually there. people get carried away and take things too far  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, yamibakura said:

 

examples?

The Is Roxas in Love with Xion? thread on the general subforum, where Jennifer Chen bends over backwards to interpret romantic feeling between Roxas and Namine (and displaying appalling use of uppercase letters while doing so).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, jbmasta said:

The Is Roxas in Love with Xion? thread on the general subforum, where Jennifer Chen bends over backwards to interpret romantic feeling between Roxas and Namine (and displaying appalling use of uppercase letters while doing so).

 

the thing with roxas and namine was kinda there back in 2006 but i think 358/2 days retconned it by adding xion into the mix. also kh3 revived the rikuXnamine ship which makes more sense lore wise becaus riku spent a year with namine and i wouldnt be surprised if they got close to each other during that period.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I dont know my guess is people have gotten so used to kingdom hearts being.mainly.about friendship. love and romance being only slightly.in the Background that they dont like the idea because they dont want things to change 

 

 

 

 

Edited by Dustin Lübbers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dustin Lübbers said:

I dont know my guess is people have gotten so used to kingdom hearts being.mainly.about friendship. love and romance being only slightly.in the Background that they dont like the idea because they dont want things to change 

 

 

 

 

 

but the friendship in kingdom hearts is so shallow and forced nowdays. most characters are friends for no reason at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, yamibakura said:

 

but the friendship in kingdom hearts is so shallow and forced nowdays. most characters are friends for no reason at all.

I wouldn't say "for no reason" haha but I do agree that the friendships do feel a bit forced. Especially in Birth By Sleep. I think its because in KH1 there's the whole tutorial section on Destiny Islands that allows time for character building and the trio's friendship to be established but then in BBS they just are already friends and other than a few cut scenes there's not a lot of them just hanging around together. I think part of the problem is that the three of them go their separate ways in their own stories, it doesn't allow for a lot of scenes where they are being friends and working together and that I think is why it feels a bit forced. Some flashback scenes to when they were younger would also have helped :) I don't think anyone hates ships in the context of a story, I think like ocean's rage said the fans just take them a little bit too far, the word "ship" just has a negative connotation around it these days I think

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, FlipMode said:

I think its because in KH1 there's the whole tutorial section on Destiny Islands that allows time for character building and the trio's friendship to be established but then in BBS they just are already friends and other than a few cut scenes there's not a lot of them just hanging around together

its not just thenfriendiship in bbs isnt develeoped. the characters lack backstories in general. they are older than SRK but we know nothing about them, not even their exact ages.

 

36 minutes ago, FlipMode said:

't think anyone hates ships in the context of a story, I think like ocean's rage said the fans just take them a little bit too far, the word "ship" just has a negative connotation around it these days I think

true. i think its because ship is usually people pairing characters together out of nowhere with no basis or context from the story

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...