Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

So I finally watched Onward for the first time the other day and (as I do with any new Disney film these days) immediately started wondering how it might fit into Kingdom Hearts. Feel free to disagree with me but I'm not sure having an Onward world follow the events of the film is the best way to go because either Sora, Donald and Goofy will get in the way of Ian and Barley's brotherly bonding time or they'll end up spending most of the time chasing after Ian and Barley from behind, possibly taking Mrs Lightfoot's place by teaming up with The Manticore, which could end up feeling like a rehash of their time in Arendelle culminating in a battle with the cursed dragon that will be a lot like the Darkubes boss battle from San Fransokyo. 

Whilst the above ideas could still work if executed well, I think it would be a lot more interesting and original if an Onward world was set before the events of the film as a prequel story. Kind of like how the San Fransokyo world works as a sequel to Big Hero 6 offering closure on the original Baymax. Here's my idea:

When Ian meets someone who knew his father, they tell Ian that his father was a bold and confident person, but his mother says that his father wasn't always like that, however doesn't exactly say how he changed. We also know that his father came into possession of a wizard's staff but we never find out how he got it or how he learned to use it. Was it just a family heirloom or did he find it? These mysteries provide the perfect opportunity for Sora, Donald and Goofy to become part of the story. What if the trio landed in Onward's world when Mr Lightfoot was a self-conscious teenager and end up going on an adventure with him where he not only learns to believe in himself thanks to Sora's encouragement but also learns magic from Donald? Not only will this allow Sora and co. to play a meaningful part in a Disney story, rather than being third-wheels or replacing other characters, but it will also allow us to get to know Mr Lightfoot more which would then give more weight to the story of Onward itself. With Disney being a lot more involved in Kingdom Hearts now than they used to be, and with the San Fransokyo, Toy Box and Monstropolis worlds already featuring original stories designed to work as canon to the films they are based on, I think this could be a real possibility. 

Let me know what you think!             

well theres a theory if i recall correctly that suggests their dad wildon was the wizard seen in the opening. what with eleves typically being long lived in pop culture. of course its just a theory and theres no reason your idea couldnt fit into it. although i think pixar is more protective of their stories than others.

p.s. if thats who i think it is in your sig then i give you infinite kudos

On 4/5/2022 at 3:42 PM, ocean's rage said:

well theres a theory if i recall correctly that suggests their dad wildon was the wizard seen in the opening. what with eleves typically being long lived in pop culture. of course its just a theory and theres no reason your idea couldnt fit into it. although i think pixar is more protective of their stories than others.

p.s. if thats who i think it is in your sig then i give you infinite kudos

I don't think the wizard at the beginning is their dad... Their dad seems too young even if elves are long-lived. More likely he's a great, great grandfather or something. 

It's Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card ^_^ Thanks!!