Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Isamu Kuno

Plot Hole/Synch Blade

Okay Nomura said Sora can use Synch Blade because he has Ven's Keyblade and his own, but since he never went through the Keyblade Inheritance Ceremony/Right of Succession, should really only have Ven's because the only reason he can use a Keyblade is because he is harboring Ven's heart. So my question is when and how did Sora get his own Keyblade?

Also I think Riku was able to use Synch Blade because of the presence of Xehanort's (a former Keyblade Master) Heartless. Any thoughts?

Okay Nomura said Sora can use Synch Blade because he has Ven's Keyblade and his own, but since he never went through the Keyblade Inheritance Ceremony/Right of Succession, should really only have Ven's because the only reason he can use a Keyblade is because he is harboring Ven's heart. So my question is when and how did Sora get his own Keyblade?

Also I think Riku was able to use Synch Blade because of the presence of Xehanort's (a former Keyblade Master) Heartless. Any thoughts?

No. The reason Sora can use it is because of the presence of Ven's heart, not his Keyblade.

Sora can use Ven's Keblade because he has Ven's heart.

Originally, he just wields Sora's Keyblade, as Xion's creation had siphoned away Ventus's Keyblade.

From KH Wiki

The Keyblade that Roxas used and the thing that Sora once lost in Castle Oblivion are the same thing. Furthermore, these two both used the Keyblade at the same time.

From Director's Secret Report XIII

I also read that Sora's Roxas's and Xion's where all the same Keblade existing in multiple places at once. This also fits with my own theory that a Keyblade is a physical extension of its wielders heart.

Ventus' heart inside of him gave him the ability to wield a keyblade and like Xion, he needed to use the keyblade for a bit to actually be able to use his own, this keyblade was Riku's and eventually Sora acquired his own. Riku got his back and Roxas, who is harboring Ventus' heart, uses that keyblade. When he absorbs Xion, the clone of Sora, he is able to use Sora's legitamate keyblade thus wielding two. When Sora absorbs Roxas, who has awakened the ability to use two keyblades, he is able to use Roxas' (Vens') keyblade.

edit:

It's not Ven's Keyblade' date=' it's Xion's. Roxas is the first to use it at the end of Days.

[/quote']

Actually, the ultimania stated that xions keyblade was fake so when Roxas absorbed her, she just awakened a second keyblade [sora's]. end edit

As for Riku's ability to wield two, you might attribute that to the presence of xehanort, or it could be mere connections of the heart.

That's my thoughts on it anyways.

sora must have gained ven's keyblade when ven's heart merged with his own and when kairi's heart also merged with sora's that must have given him the ability to do synch blade since kairi has a keyblade of her own but we all know that kairi got her heart back from sora so you could say that an imprint of her wielding a keyblade was left behind within sora and that's how sora is able to wield two keyblades

1-is ven's keyblade

2-is kairi's keyblade (but mearly an imprint)

p.s

sorry if this theory seemed stupid

So Sora started of with Riku's Keyblade but then eventually got his own because he had Ven's heart. When Roxas was made he was able to use a Keyblade as well but it was Sora's. Xion could use the same Keyblade but it was fake but when she was absorbed by Roxas he was able to use two. So when Roxas went back to Sora he gained the ability to use two aswell. Or because when he was harbouring Kairi's heart, since she could use the Keyblade he gained the power from her hearts aswell.

Makes sence. :)

Well remember when, in BBS, Aqua told Sora that he has to protect Riku if he ever fell into Darkness? Also Aqua gave Kairi that "light" that would lead her to someone who could protect her if she was ever in danger. When Kairi's heart went into Sora, he needed a way to protect her, then when he saw Riku fade into the Darkness, the hidden memories must've unlocked something inside his heart. These two(well...technically four) events gave Sora the ability to use the keyblade, or so I think.

Okay, there seems to be a lot of misinformation here.

First off, Ventus has nothing to do with Sora being able to wield the Keyblade.

Secondly, the first Keyblade Sora got was Riku's. The Keyblade chose Sora over Riku because Riku had given into the darkness, and Sora's heart was stronger than Riku's.

Third, Roxas and Sora use the same Keyblade (they take turns), but when Xion died, Roxas was able to awaken Ventus's heart and gain access to his Keyblade as well. This ability transferred back into Sora when they recombined.

So fourth, Sora is using Riku's stolen Keyblade and Ventus's borrowed Keyblade. And he is doing this DESPITE the fact that he was never actually chosen to be a Keyblade wielder in the first place.

Secondly, the first Keyblade Sora got was Riku's. The Keyblade chose Sora over Riku because Riku had given into the darkness, and Sora's heart was stronger than Riku's.

Third, Roxas and Sora use the same Keyblade (they take turns), but when Xion died, Roxas was able to awaken Ventus's heart and gain access to his Keyblade as well. This ability transferred back into Sora when they recombined.

So fourth, Sora is using Riku's stolen Keyblade and Ventus's borrowed Keyblade. And he is doing this DESPITE the fact that he was never actually chosen to be a Keyblade wielder in the first place.

This is exactly what I believe.

only thing I think you missed is that Xion and Roxas managed to both wield a keyblade while they were alive eventually, suggesting that Roxas awakened Ventus' heart and gained his keyblade before Xion died

This is exactly what I believe.

only thing I think you missed is that Xion and Roxas managed to both wield a keyblade while they were alive eventually, suggesting that Roxas awakened Ventus' heart and gained his keyblade before Xion died

Thank you two for reading my thought. just one thing. If Sora uses Riku's Keyblade, then how does Riku have a keyblade?

If I remember correctly, MAYBE Riku could only use his Keyblade AFTER Roxas went back into Sora. Then Sora got Ven's Keyblade and Riku got his own back.

But it doesn't answer the Dual Weild thing. God this is a confusing series.

Ok, here's what I think:

In the beginning of KH1 when Riku gave into darkness and his Keyblade went to Sora instead, who was able to wield it because Ven's heart was inside of him.

Then at Hollow Bastion, the Keyblade went back to Riku due to the fact he was the original wielder, but Sora showed himself to be a true Keyblade wielder and the Keyblade went back to him. (this time the Keyblade was his. Not Ven's, not Riku's.)

Xion's Keyblade was a fake because she is a replica. At the end of Days, some people assume that the second Keyblade Roxas summons is Xion's, but it's not. When she fused back into him she awakened the ability to wield Ven's Keyblade along with Sora's.

In KH2 when Roxas fused back with Sora, Ven's heart went back into him as well. So, now he can wield both his Keyblade AND Ven's.

u may not belive this but in birth by sleep terra sayd this speech thingy to riku about the keyblade wich made riku a key weilder wich explains why he could take it from sora in kh1 hollow bastion but the keyblade saw that sora was a better weilder thats why sora and riku can weild the KEYBLADE and ventus+roxas+xion somehow equals sore if u think about itthey are all inside him

u may not belive this but in birth by sleep terra sayd this speech thingy to riku about the keyblade wich made riku a key weilder wich explains why he could take it from sora in kh1 hollow bastion but the keyblade saw that sora was a better weilder thats why sora and riku can weild the KEYBLADE and ventus+roxas+xion somehow equals sore if u think about itthey are all inside him

Sorry but I can't understand that last part....

EDIT:

ohhhh did you mean Sora? /shot

Thank you two for reading my thought. just one thing. If Sora uses Riku's Keyblade, then how does Riku have a keyblade?

If I remember correctly, MAYBE Riku could only use his Keyblade AFTER Roxas went back into Sora. Then Sora got Ven's Keyblade and Riku got his own back.

But it doesn't answer the Dual Weild thing. God this is a confusing series.

It is my belief that riku has tied inheritance to terra's keyblade and MX's keyblade nomura has implied that when Xehanort's Heartless possessed riku and was then removed that a part of terra remained within him. I think he left xehanorts keyblade as well as the memory of his own. It is possible that when riku fully delved into his powers of darkness he awakend the potential to wield MX's key blade because the keyblade is an tied to the weilders heart it used soul eater as a intermediary forming the way to dawn(This would explain why it has the same eye as MX's keyblade). Now similar to xion, I think riku can wield a second keyblade baised on the memories of terra's keyblade. considering where riku's last memory of the terra's keyblade took place it seems natural that it takes form of destiny's place.

tutti frutti. I always thought that Sora was able to wield the keyblade to Ven and Sora's heart being one. Ven's heart did go inside of Sora's due to what MX did to him, thus creating Vanitas. And in turn, Ven's heart needed to recover. For Sora particularly, since he has Ven, Roxas, and Xion inside of him, I think that he should be able to use the Synch Blade ability. But in general, I think that Keyblade wielders should be able to use two Keyblades at once if they have the desire to do so without any limitation.