Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
DChiuch

Speculation on Kingdom Hearts 3

When do you think KH3 will be released?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. When do you think KH3 will be released?

I'm going to be optimistic and say that Kingdom Hearts 3 will be around in 2013... I could be wrong but didn't Nomura say that he wanted a Kingdom Hearts game to come out every year? and also I think he said that he had only two other games coming out before KH3. (So I guess KH3D and BBSvol2?)... so my predictions are...

Birth By Sleep volume 2 - This year, probably won't take that long if they use the same engine as BBS.

Kingdom Hearts-3D - 2012

Kingdom Hearts 3 - 2013

(Also, isn't it fishy that Versus XIII has been in development for the longest time? It would be cool if the team was working on KH3 and Versus XIII at the same time, and that they are just keeping quiet... but yeah, that's most likely not the case)

I'm thinking Late 2013 for a Japanese Release and 2014 for an American/ other countries Release. As for my question, I'd like to ask "What Consles/Handhelds do you think will the future Kingdom Hearts Games. As in handheld games, will they be going torwards the PSP Series (PSP 1000, PSP 2000, PSP 3000, and NGP), DS Series (DS, DS Lite, DSi, DSi XL, and 3DS), or Cell Phone Series? So far we've seen Birth by Sleep on the PSP, and 358/2 Days, Re:Coded, and 3D on the DS Series, and one on the cell phone. That's three games on DS Series, and only one on the PSP Series, and the Cell Phone. As for Console games, we've seen KH1, and KH2 on the PS2. What about Wii, Xbox 360, and PS3? As for Square's ideas about Downloadable Series,(DSi Ware, Wii Ware, PSN Store, Xbox Live, etc) we've only heard Nomura mention that he thought about putting Re:Coded on Wii Ware. Well if my question is chosen, I'm sure you can shorten it as I talk too much :D

Okay, I'm sure we all know that Kingdom Hearts III isn't coming out yet because the KH team is working on Final Fantasy Versus XIII, and not because Square Enix wants to keep milking the series. I only want to note that the side games (which aren't really "side games", the only one that would technically qualify for that term is Days, but BBS and coded are pretty essential to the series' main storyline) aren't really there to occupy us with stuff until KH3, but that they really serve a purpose. Think about it, if there WAS no Days, BBS, and coded, and KH3 just came after KH2, then what would the story be? Sora, Riku, and Kairi going to high school or something? :P That'd be lame! The true use of these handheld games, I believe, are to soup up the storyline and make it even more awesome by introducing more characters and plotholes that not only give KH3 an awesome story but also raise up fan anticipation for all the questions to be answered in the upcoming game. The handheld games are not working AGAINST KH3 to delay it, if anything, they are helping make KH3 what it will be. And if the more side games there are, as long as they make KH3 awesomer, I'm all for them.

That being said, I'm tired of all the haters who say that the handheld games are all trash and that Nomura should just go on to KH3 and stop stalling. If they KNEW about the situation, and how these games help, they wouldn't be so angry. Yeesh, and when I say I'm a real fan for liking all the games, they say I'm just a sucker. :(

And I don't get why people don't like Days/coded but adore BBS and say it's superior to the other two. Really, all three are great games. I don't think Nomura had the intention to SPECIFICALLY make BBS better than the two for his own nefarious purposes.

true and loyal fan of the sereies i applaude you dude *claps*

Kingdom Hearts III in 2016. Kingdom Hearts II took about three years. And that was just a PS2 game. PS3 games take longer. Final Fantasy 13 is proof of that.

So I reckon Kingdom Hearts III in 2016.

I think your right DC. It probably will be realesed in 2015. And since their probably not going to be making a Final Fantasy Versus 13-2, they will get started on Kingdom Hearts 3 right away. They probably have already started on it if they already have a story line down for it. So it will be closer than you think.

I'm going to be optimistic and say that Kingdom Hearts 3 will be around in 2013... I could be wrong but didn't Nomura say that he wanted a Kingdom Hearts game to come out every year? and also I think he said that he had only two other games coming out before KH3. (So I guess KH3D and BBSvol2?)... so my predictions are...

Birth By Sleep volume 2 - This year, probably won't take that long if they use the same engine as BBS.

Kingdom Hearts-3D - 2012

Kingdom Hearts 3 - 2013

(Also, isn't it fishy that Versus XIII has been in development for the longest time? It would be cool if the team was working on KH3 and Versus XIII at the same time, and that they are just keeping quiet... but yeah, that's most likely not the case)

There has already been a game out for this year, it was Re: Coded. So

BBS V2 - 2012

Kingdom Hearts -3D - 2013

Kingdom Hearts 3 - 2014

If you follow the 1 game out a year rule, but I doubt it highly. So we may see 2 games out this year (Re: coded and BBS V2 or RE: Coded and 3D) or two games next year (BBS V2 and 3D) and maybe a year wait for KH 3.

@HydratedTadpole... Well, I meant at least 1 game per year, I'm sure Nomura wouldn't hold off on a game because he had a release this year, because he said only two games till KH3 and I don't see him leaving a 2+ year gap in-between. So I still stick with

BBS V2- this year

KH 3D- next year

KH3- 2013

Okay, I'm sure we all know that Kingdom Hearts III isn't coming out yet because the KH team is working on Final Fantasy Versus XIII, and not because Square Enix wants to keep milking the series. I only want to note that the side games (which aren't really "side games", the only one that would technically qualify for that term is Days, but BBS and coded are pretty essential to the series' main storyline) aren't really there to occupy us with stuff until KH3, but that they really serve a purpose. Think about it, if there WAS no Days, BBS, and coded, and KH3 just came after KH2, then what would the story be? Sora, Riku, and Kairi going to high school or something? :P That'd be lame! The true use of these handheld games, I believe, are to soup up the storyline and make it even more awesome by introducing more characters and plotholes that not only give KH3 an awesome story but also raise up fan anticipation for all the questions to be answered in the upcoming game. The handheld games are not working AGAINST KH3 to delay it, if anything, they are helping make KH3 what it will be. And if the more side games there are, as long as they make KH3 awesomer, I'm all for them.

That being said, I'm tired of all the haters who say that the handheld games are all trash and that Nomura should just go on to KH3 and stop stalling. If they KNEW about the situation, and how these games help, they wouldn't be so angry. Yeesh, and when I say I'm a real fan for liking all the games, they say I'm just a sucker. :(

And I don't get why people don't like Days/coded but adore BBS and say it's superior to the other two. Really, all three are great games. I don't think Nomura had the intention to SPECIFICALLY make BBS better than the two for his own nefarious purposes.

true and loyal fan of the sereies i applaude you dude *claps*

I AGREE AS WELL WITH ALL OF IT

I don't mind waiting at all. I want them to make more hand-held Kingdom Hearts games. I have heard a rumour (here) that the is to be Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep volume two. I want that more than Kingdom Hearts III.

let's take a look here. looks like we know Versus XIII started production after KH2 was released in 2005, and we're thinking it'll release sometime in 2012. that'll mean those wanting Versus XIII will have been waiting for 7 years for it. i'm not saying they will, but if the team also takes that long on KHIII, then we would be looking at an initial 2019 release date. do i expect them to take that long? no. could they pay enough attention to making the game in such a way that they could take 7 years if they really wanted to? yes. but we also see the pattern lately of Nomura getting a game out every year, so could we see KHIII's Japanese release sooner rather than later, say a 2013 - 2014 release, maybe sometime 2015 in a worst case scenario? i think so. my point to all this ranting? don't hold your breath for too long, fans.

kingdom hearts 3 might be kingdom 3d or kingdom hearts 3d might be another continue off recoded yeah maybe not be kingdom hearts 3d might just be the last side game than kingdom hearts 3 comes out of couse for xbox 360 and ps3 and maybe online that would be the shit

As in handheld games, will they be going torwards the PSP Series (PSP 1000, PSP 2000, PSP 3000, and NGP), DS Series (DS, DS Lite, DSi, DSi XL, and 3DS), or Cell Phone Series? So far we've seen Birth by Sleep on the PSP, and 358/2 Days, Re:Coded, and 3D on the DS Series, and one on the cell phone. That's three games on DS Series, and only one on the PSP Series, and the Cell Phone. As for Console games, we've seen KH1, and KH2 on the PS2. What about Wii, Xbox 360, and PS3? As for Square's ideas about Downloadable Series,(DSi Ware, Wii Ware, PSN Store, Xbox Live, etc) we've only heard Nomura mention that he thought about putting Re:Coded on Wii Ware. Well if my question is chosen, I'm sure you can shorten it as I talk too much :D

Just wanted to point something out. The 3DS is NOT part of the DS series, it's the successor to it, and a completely different handheld in its own series. Same thing with the PSP series and the NGP. Just had to point that out.

Actually it is told when it is released. I have info on my computer about when it will come out. I got the info... about 2 months ago. As you all know Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop? Distance on the Nintendo 3DS is the next game. Kingdom Hearts 3 is going to be started to be made for the PS3 after Final Fantasy Versus XIII comes out in stores, as one of the makers of the game said in a interview. I do not know which, but I am positive on this research.

*edit*

The only information I am un-sure about, is on what system it comes out on. Everyone assumes PS3, so I will too.

YOU READ MY firetruckING THOUGHTS.

Seriously, I agree 10000000000000000% with you.

**** those people who think that.

I still wish KH3 would come out on 2012.

I'm thinking 2016 only because if I anticipate it to be a long time from now, the wait won't feel as long. I learned this when I thought BBS would release in the summer in US and I had to wait till autumn. My anticipation nearly killed me. So I'm setting myself up for the worst possible scenario now and maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised when the date is finally made.

all thow it has many side games i think the storys need to be told.

i just wont to play the game.

The storys need to be told? Well the side games explain the big gap in the storyline. I consider everygame a important part of the story, handheld or not. No side games= no idea of whats going on and whats what.