Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
JustRob

KHBbS Ugh, Birth by Sleep is the worst of them all

BBS may not be the best out of the games even though i love most of them equally (minus chain of memories because of gameplay and 358 for the same reason) BUT it was a needed asset to the list for backstory. It completes the series as of now in a whole and shows who the main villain was before you meet all his shattered offspring.

I get that, and that's fine, except here the minigames are annoying as shit and nearly impossible to beat. This game is basically telling you "You suck dude, go spend some more time playing this minigame over and over". Also up until now it has never been mandatory, but now I actually need to complete this world in order to move on.

Don't get me wrong, one of the main reasons I love KH is because of the Disney characters. But you know what's the difference between this game and KH1? In KH1 they were actually DOING something. Maleficent was conspiring with Jafar and Ursula and Oogie Boogie and Hades and that was actually interesting and exciting to see. Each one of their boss battles was huge and exciting as well. Up to fighting Genie Jafar and Giant Ursula, it was always a huge thrill.

This game, what happens? I enter Snow White's world, huge expectations, this gotta be awesome right? Well, not really. You get sent out to murder Snow White, decide to refuse, and then you fight... The mirror? World complete, move on now plz. What happened here? What happened to the Dwarves (you know how the movie is called Snow White and the SEVEN DWARVES?). What happened to the queen transforming into a witch and giving Snow White a poisonous apple? If you're going to say I have to wait for the playthrough with the next character, just stop and shoot me instead.

that was when the connection from worlds was already found BBS was before that and they hadnt really learned the way to travel to eachother and conspire. Edited by Mystics Apprentice

nope you're wrong. coded/recoded is;this game was really unnecessary to play and was the least fun but yet still enjoyable. actually bbs is one of the best considering it's a handheld game and regardless.

I'll admit I don't like copy-cat characters...pretty much, in a game, movie, anime, etc., when one or more character is the EXACT same as another character, in either appearance, personality, or both.

I do not like Aqua because I feel she is too flat and plain. Plus I think she's overrated in terms of attractiveness. I'd pick Xion over Aqua ANY day <3

I'm alright with Terra, if it weren't for his appearance I don't think I would've liked him AS much.

And I have a soft spot for both Roxas and Sora, so I am just obligated to like Ventus.

The story for BBS, overall, I loooooved. It was saddening, and Master Xehanort was (and is) a crazily, amazingly, well-designed bad guy from which the likes I have never seen.

I'll take Sora, Riku, and Kairi, and Roxas, Axel, and Xion, over them any day, but I still really like the game. I love the idea of the split character thing! It's similar to Crisis Core in that aspect.

I've never played BBS, only watched the cutscenes and read about it. I don't have a PSP but my friend said she'll let me borrow hers :3

Well obviously the darkness in Terra's heart was strong enough for Xehanort to take a personal interest and focus on him. What Terra and Riku have in common is that they are quick to believe the words of people with evil intentions, like Xehanort, Hades, or Maleficent. Also both of them lost their body to darkness in the end, and ultimately they both succumbed to darkness.The only difference I can see is that Riku eventually takes control back.Holy firetruck, I thought that racing minigame was annoying. But this ice-cream Guitar Hero knockoff tops it all. It makes me want to murder little children. What the firetruck do I have to do to not score BAD? I don't need this game to tell me my timing sucks, I know that already.

Edit: Wow passed after fifty tries or so. Apparently when you do good, you still do bad because you're game over. I can't even imagine how horrible this must be for people who are tone-deaf.

That ice cream mini game was to easy...i got fantastic every time -.-

Seriously, this game is the worst. The worlds are boring and empty, the battle system is overly complicated, and the characters are almost not attractive at all. The only reason I'm trudging through this is for the plot, but it's really hard to keep playing.

This Terra dude, is it just me or is this a flat out Riku clone? It's not just a similarity either, he's EXACTLY the same. He's the moody guy of the three, the most mature one, and the one who lets himself be controlled by darkness, all the while stating he doesn't fear the darkness over and over again. He also seems to team up with Disney villains much like Riku. The only difference is Riku is a well thought out, interesting character, while this guy seems like a cheap impersonation.

Ventus... What the hell can I say, he's Roxas. Except with a different name and batshit crazy clothes that look like they were sewed together from different pieces. He's the exact same as Roxas, in personality and in looks (except clothes). Also the Sora of the group.

Aqua is the Kaira of the group, except she's a bit more battle-ready. Flat, boring character who doesn't have anything interesting going for her at all.

I also think the three storylines thing was a really bad idea. I gotta wait two playthroughs to see the conclusion to each world. Not only that, I kinda want to shoot myself when thinking of having to play through this game two more times.

There are some interesting things in this game, like Vanitas, Xehanort, and Braig, but there's not ENOUGH. Deep Space, where the hell is Xehanort? Where is Vanitas? Why are there only the stupid Disney characters?

What the hell is Disney Town? Everywhere I go there's some kind of minigame. Do I have to complete this shit to progress in the game? God, just let me fight Vanitas, or show some background history on the other future Organization members. I don't give a crap about Experiment 626 or whatever.

Oh, and one more thing. Olympus Colliseum. PLOT TWIST! You got used by Hades! Didn't see that one coming! Seriously, just kill me...

I could go on, but for now I'm done ranting.

I thought birth by sleep battle system was the best until DDD was released, now it's a tie between two of them...And I really enjoyed leveling up and melding commands  in bbs. 

You crazy O-O! In my opinion this is one of the best games in the franchise. Its Probably close second with DDD leading. Sorry, but no one agrees. =T

Eh, everyone has their own opinion. I haven't played the game (just watched the cutscenes), and I personally really enjoyed it, but that doesn't mean everyone else has to.

That first page xD

Eh, everyone has their own opinion. I haven't played the game (just watched the cutscenes), and I personally really enjoyed it, but that doesn't mean everyone else has to.

^

Bbs is awesome. They did some great things with that game. The combat system is sweet. It is a little confusing at first, but if you take the time to explore it, it's actually very simple and arguably the best in the series.