Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Amber Cole

KH2 Why does Riku need his blindfold?

I think it was to keep in the darkness

His eyes couldn't lie 

I believe it was for both of these reasons, but primarily to keep the darkness in.  If you'll recall from 358/2 Days, when he takes his blindfold off, the darkness within overpowers him (or, at least his form).

I believe it was for both of these reasons, but primarily to keep the darkness in.  If you'll recall from 358/2 Days, when he takes his blindfold off, the darkness within overpowers him (or, at least his form).

Yeah it is both .It's actually outwardly stated it's bc his eyes can't lie but implied through actions it helps keep the darkness in .

Edited by Flaming Lea

They were trying to keep people from fangirling...It didn't work.

lol

It's basically that his eyes revealed the true darkness within him, so the blindfold covered his eyes to cover his darkness. ( the eyes are like windows to your soul )

ok so its kinda like Xehnort's eyes. right?

Beacuase his eyes can't lie? what do you mean by that?

*because

He had a tiny bit of Ansem's darkness still latching onto his heart and at one point it got to the point he appeared like Ansem because of it.  He used his blindfold to help suppress it as "his eyes couldn't lie."  One's heart shapes one's identity, so since he had Ansem's darkness inside of him still he eventually looked like him and got stuck looking like him once he completely immersed himself in darkness to defeat Roxas.  The reasoning that covering his eyes suppressed the darkness is most likely because "the eyes are the windows to the soul" saying.

It's basically that his eyes revealed the true darkness within him, so the blindfold covered his eyes to cover his darkness. ( the eyes are like windows to your soul )

Oh. So that's why when he met Mickey in the forest in "Days" he was in his Ansem form before he put on his Blind fold. But i don't understand, it wasn't like that for Riku when he exited CO in COM. What happened?

Oh. So that's why when he met Mickey in the forest in "Days" he was in his Ansem form before he put on his Blind fold. But i don't understand, it wasn't like that for Riku when he exited CO in COM. What happened?

Basically even after CoM Riku still had to control and suppress his darkness which is why he ends up using the blindfold for the very reasons already listed above. Ansem still lingered in his heart and needed supressed .

Basically even after CoM Riku still had to control and suppress his darkness which is why he ends up using the blindfold for the very reasons already listed above. Ansem still lingered in his heart and needed supressed .

Oh, ok then. So i guess he masters control of it by KH2, which is why he takes it off in TWTNW.

Ansem The Wise's blast caused him to return to his former self .Thats also why he couldn't summon portals/ CoD anymore either xD

Really? Wow, i didn't know that. Ok then. So that's how he developed the resistance to the Darkness but can still wield it.

It suppressed his darkness so he could walk around as himself. In Days it shows that without it he looks like Ansem Seeker of Darkness and when he puts it on he's Riku again. Also its shown when he has to remove it to get enoug power to beat Roxas. It's just to suppress his darkness.

Well He still learned that on his own accord through experience :P

Wait but i was wondering, after Riku become Sepliku and defeated Roxas, why didn't he put back on his blindfold?

Wait but i was wondering, after Riku become Sepliku and defeated Roxas, why didn't he put back on his blindfold?

Well after he made that sacrifice he knew he would still need to use the power to help defeat/stop the ever growing problem of the organization .

Edited by Flaming Lea