Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Weiss

Xbox One - General Discussion

39 members have voted

1. 1. What would make you buy an Xbox One?

• A lower price: $500 is too steep.
    • Get rid of the 24 hr online check-in requirement.
    • Exclusive games.
    • Nothing. Microsoft has lost me as a consumer/I'm just not interested in what they're offering.
    • Different reason?
    • I'm already planning on buying an Xbox One.

This is why I love Nintendo. Sony and Microsoft (especially Microsoft) seem to focus most on things that don't really matter (such as graphics, DLC multiplayer, etc.), wheras Nintendo's main focus is actually making great games and coming up with new ways to play them. If all game companys thought that way, we'd be practically drowning in great games.

THIS

This is why I love Nintendo. Sony and Microsoft (especially Microsoft) seem to focus most on things that don't really matter (such as graphics, DLC multiplayer, etc.), wheras Nintendo's main focus is actually making great games and coming up with new ways to play them. If all game companys thought that way, we'd be practically drowning in great games.

Playstation also focuses more on games than all of the other stuff. It just took awhile to make great games because it was hard to develop games on it. The PS4 was made for the game developers. A lot of it was made with the game developers in mind and they played a part in it. That's why I am pretty excited to get one.

Glad I didn't waste time watching it. Overall, I'm just not interested in it. Microsoft has never enticed me with what it has to offer, and it still doesn't. Won't be buying an Xbox one anytime soon. Probably never.

Confirmed: Xbox One Will not function without Kinect

After a Microsoft-hosted London event around the Xbox One reveal, Xbox's UK marketing director Harvey Eagle has said that the console will not function without Kinect connected.

"Kinect does require to be connected to Xbox One in all cases, yes," he said. Asked whether the Xbox One will accommodate people who perhaps play in their bedroom rather than their living room, Eagle replied: "Yes, absolutely. We use the living room almost as a moniker - that's where we assume the best screen is in the house. But if you like to play in any other room in the house, the Xbox One will deliver the same quality of experience whatever the environment."

As anyone who's ever tried to play with Kinect in an enclosed area knows, the current technology simply doesn't support it - which means that Xbox One's new Kinect sensor must be significantly different if it will work in any room in the house.

Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/21/xbox-one-will-not-function-without-kinect-attached

Edited by Tails

They focused more on everything else, rather than gaming itself...which is annoying. They better crank out some games at E3, otherwise it sounds more like an entertainment device, rather than a game console.

They've confirmed E3 will focus more on games

here are the reasons:

Im a playstation fan 

Interesting....very interesting.

I wanna see the PS4 before drawing a conclusion. Speaking of which, when will they unveil that?

June 10th at E3

Well Nintendo doesn't have any other media to worry about and they've been doing games for years so it's no surprise.

They focused more on everything else, rather than gaming itself...which is annoying. They better crank out some games at E3, otherwise it sounds more like an entertainment device, rather than a game console.

It was a console reveal really...so...yep o-o

Xbox One Architecture Panel

After a Microsoft-hosted London event around the Xbox One reveal, Xbox's UK marketing director Harvey Eagle has said that the console will not function without Kinect connected.

"Kinect does require to be connected to Xbox One in all cases, yes," he said. Asked whether the Xbox One will accommodate people who perhaps play in their bedroom rather than their living room, Eagle replied: "Yes, absolutely. We use the living room almost as a moniker - that's where we assume the best screen is in the house. But if you like to play in any other room in the house, the Xbox One will deliver the same quality of experience whatever the environment."

As anyone who's ever tried to play with Kinect in an enclosed area knows, the current technology simply doesn't support it - which means that Xbox One's new Kinect sensor must be significantly different if it will work in any room in the house.

Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/21/xbox-one-will-not-function-without-kinect-attached

oh god not the kinect

It was a console reveal really...so...yep o-o

I know, but they spent too much time talking about watching tv, internet explorer, and whatever else it does. Hope they have some good titles to show at E3 though...

Soooo

All games for Microsoft’s Xbox One must be installed to the game’s hard drive before they can be played, according to a Wired report.

Once a game is installed, if the owner wishes to use the same game disc with a second Xbox One account, he will be able to pay a fee in order to install the game on the other account using the same disc.

As of now, It’s unclear as to how this will fully impact used or rented games, or even games that players lend to their friends.

Source

Wow, just wow

I know, but they spent too much time talking about watching tv, internet explorer, and whatever else it does. Hope they have some good titles to show at E3 though...

They definitely will =D 

Looks like they may have accidently hinted at a title with the user interface

Posted Image

A new Crackdown game for the Xbox One? No way to tell yet but it's interesting.

Also the Xbox Support twitter has confirmed that you can have 1000 friends instead of just 100 now. You go popular people.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/21/xbox-one-doesnt-require-internet-connection?abthid=519bcae0af9d6f5043000037

Okay. So, let's read this quote:

Another Microsoft representative, UK marketing director Harvey Eagle, has confirmed that the Xbox One doesn't require a constant internet connection. "The answer to that question is no. You do not require an always-on connection to be able to use Xbox One," he said. "It is clearly designed to be connected to the Internet, and hopefully from what you've just seen you realize some of the benefits that brings. But if your Internet connection drops, you will still be able to play games, still be able to watch Blu-Ray movies, and still be able to watch live TV."

So basically... "No, you don't technically have to be connected to the internet to turn your system on and play the games you already had to register online, but you really should be connected all the time anyway because of all our super cool internet-exclusive features!"

I'm sorry, but when all your gimmicky features are built around the internet, there is no way you can convince me that this system wasn't Always On and that they backpedalled when the rage rose from the rumors. It's a bait and switch. They cover their ass by making it not-forced-to-be-connected, but still maintain all their features that require the internet anyway... the possibility that you have to install and register your games online, the possibility that you have to pay a fee online to play a used game, the possibility of cloud based gaming and cloud based computing, all your TV and entertainment bull, and of course the XBOX Live we've all come to know and "love".

When you buy this system, regardless of whether you have to be Online constantly, to enjoy it in the slightest you WILL have to be always on, which is basically the same damn thing.

And Xbox One is a stupid name. It makes it sound like an older system... for instance, PS1 came first... and now the XB1 comes... third? Makes a lot of sense Microsoft.

(I'm not saying that this is a credit to Sony or anything, I was just using the number scheme from Playstation to provide an example... Don't jump on me with accusations of being a fanboy.)

The console design isn't really bad so much as it's just really really really boring. Thing looks like a Betamax.

And I don't know  what to think of the controller yet. I've never held a 360 controller for longer than two minutes so I don't really have a reference point.

Looks like they may have accidently hinted at a title with the user interface

Posted Image

A new Crackdown game for the Xbox One? No way to tell yet but it's interesting.

Also the Xbox Support twitter has confirmed that you can have 1000 friends instead of just 100 now. You go popular people.

1000 friends....boy is that a lot of "____ is online" notifications

So I have to pay extra to make my game work(CapcomEA logic right there) and Kinect is MANDATORY????

Man Angry Joe(If you know him) Would blast the shit of the Xbox D(one) when he talks about the reveal

So I have to pay extra to make my game work(CapcomEA logic right there) and Kinect is MANDATORY????

Man Angry Joe(If you know him) Would blast the shit of the Xbox D(one) when he talks about the reveal

The system comes with the Kinect so the only way you'll be paying extra money is if you break it.