Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Caxkj

Sickening

Horrendous. Pure disgusting. As if my faith in humanity wasn't already degraded enough. 

http://higherperspective.com/2014/04/call-zoo-death-heres-exactly-needs-shut.html 

"WARNING: The animal cruelty you are about to see may disturb you."

Posted Image

"Viral Nova | There is a zoo in Indonesia that mistreats its animals so terribly, it’s called the Zoo of Death. The Surabaya Zoo is, quite literally, a living nightmare. It is Indonesia’s largest zoo, charging people about $1.00 to enter and view the horrors inside. There was a major online petition to stop the deliberate cruelty in the Surabaya Zoo, receiving over 100,000 signatures. The petition is now closed and a representative from Cee4life is now on their way to Indonesia to deliver this vitally important petition. To stay updated on their progress to save these animals, visit their Facebook page.

The animals there lack basic care, nutrition and proper living conditions. You may think calling it a “zoo of death” or “nightmare zoo” is a bit extreme… Until you see the photos.

An estimated 25 animals die a MONTH from unnatural causes. The animals there are starving, especially the carnivores. Many of them have been emaciated for so long, their bodies can no longer absorb nutrition properly."

It should be the so-called "zoo caretakers" to be thrown in the cages. 

Edited by Caxkj

Yeah. .that link isn't working for me. Just taking me to whatever site that is' home page, I think.

I think it might be about that zoo that killed the giraffe, dissected in front on everyone and fed it to the lions. 

In a zoo here in germany last year (I believe) there was a caretaker attacked and killed by a lion (or tiger? Dunno anymore, it was a carnivore). Now, why wouldn't this happen in THIS zoo? Their "care takers" would've definitely deserved it. But wait.. I know why. The animals are way too weak to attack..

This version of the link works.http://higherperspective.com/2014/04/call-zoo-death-heres-exactly-needs-shut.html

And yes it is horrible, though I am not sure what can be done about it, since I don't know Indonesia's laws. Also it isn't like Indonesia is going to listen to a petition from out of country from people who probably will never visit Indonesia in their lifetime.

Is this about that giraffe i heard about in the news that got eaten by those lions thanks to some zookeepers?

...that was in Denmark, and they put him down because he was a dead-end in the breeding program. Shipping him off to another zoo or trying to rehabilitate and release him into the wild would've cost far more time and effort than it was worth. May as well do something useful with the body instead of leaving it to rot.

...that was in Denmark, and they put him down because he was a dead-end in the breeding program. Shipping him off to another zoo or trying to rehabilitate and release him into the wild would've cost far more time and effort than it was worth. May as well do something useful with the body instead of leaving it to rot.

Oh. Whoops ^_^;.

Just the picture of the tiger was enough, I don't even want to see the others... It really pisses me off that some people treat animals this way. How can they even call themselves a zoo if they do this? Zoos are meant to protect wildlife, not endanger the species.