Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Exiblade7

Zelda U doesn't look realistic nor cartoony

If you think about it, Zelda U's art style is sort of like that, even Aonuma said it himself in the following article: (note that this article is a year old).

http://www.vg247.com/2013/06/15/the-legend-of-zelda-wii-u-will-be-neither-ultra-realistic-or-cartoony-realistic-says-aonuma/

Also, let's take a look at a snapshot of Zelda U's e3 2014 teaser trailer:

Posted ImageHow would you describe Zelda U artstyle (assuming that the art style stays the same until it releases.)

It looks more on the cartoonish side,nothing is necessarily defined,it looks soft and really bright,giving it a cartoony feel,even with Skyward Swords bright color palate,the style still looked closer to Twilight Princess,with realistic proportions and defined facial features,so I dont think its really in the middle,it does lean on cartoony more than anything.

Edited by lostmemory123

It looks more on the cartoonish side,nothing is necessarily defined,it looks soft and really bright,giving it a cartoony feel,even with Skyward Swords bright color palate,the style still looked closer to Twilight Princess,with realistic proportions and defined facial features,so I dont think its really in the middle,it does lean on cartoony more than anything.

I see your point, it's a good one actually. No wonder it has the adventurous feel to it. 

Edited by Toon Link

not sure, but it does look like its artstyle is a combination of skyward sword and the wind waker.  

Skyward Sword is already a cross of Wind Waker and Twilight Princess. This is the same thing but in HD

Like a few others have said. It looks more cartoonish than Wind Waker. Which already looked a bit cartoony.

I thought that the wind waker was completely cartoony do to the fact that it is completely cell shaded while Zelda U doesn't use as much as the wind waker has. To me, Zelda U the environment around Link and his horse looks like it was painted and the characters look like they have a lot of cell shader on. 

I guess so, but it looks somewhat different to me. 

Link's design is different, the colours are brighter, and again, the lighting is better. But it still has a very Twilight Princess look behind the cartoony exterior. Like SLkyward Sword, it's Twilight Princess proportions, but cartoony lighting and shading. Which makes it more like an anime where Wind Waker is more like a Disney cartoon

Link's design is different, the colours are brighter, and again, the lighting is better. But it still has a very Twilight Princess look behind the cartoony exterior. Like SLkyward Sword, it's Twilight Princess proportions, but cartoony lighting and shading. Which makes it more like an anime where Wind Waker is more like a Disney cartoon

oh I get it! xD

I'm not an artsy person, but I'll describe it the best I can.

I think Skyward Sword has a soft paint look, Twilight Princess has the Lord of the Rings look, and Wind Waker is cartoony.

Zelda Wii U comes off very anime to me, but with less defined lines. Somewhat like The Last Avatar series. It's realistic-ish, but with hints of cartoony.

It looks kind of like a painting.

That's what I was thinking too.

I'm not an artsy person, but I'll describe it the best I can.

I think Skyward Sword has a soft paint look, Twilight Princess has the Lord of the Rings look, and Wind Waker is cartoony.

Zelda Wii U comes off very anime to me, but with less defined lines. Somewhat like The Last Avatar series. It's realistic-ish, but with hints of cartoony.

It has a beautiful cartoonish appearance. It's almost like an anime style.

It's really interesting that people are thinking that Zelda U looks like an anime. 

That's what I was thinking too.

It's really interesting that people are thinking that Zelda U looks like an anime. 

well look at your signature. Zelda games almost always have an anime art design in mind