Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

In any other game series, that wouldn't fly. What happens in the games is what's canon, and that's it. But this is Kingdom Hearts, where Nomura can just decide things after the fact and change the story whenever he wants in his own head canon. Which is very frustrating to me, but whatever.

This post doesn't even make sense it was canon from the beginning that he could dual wield in both drive forms and his base forms. They show it in the end when Sora uses Riku's Keyblade alongside his own. Roxas also dual wielded without drive forms and he abilities stemmed directly from Sora's abilities. Translation Roxas can dual wield= Sora can dual wield.

This post doesn't even make sense it was canon from the beginning that he could dual wield in both drive forms and his base forms. They show it in the end when Sora uses Riku's Keyblade alongside his own. Roxas also dual wielded without drive forms and he abilities stemmed directly from Sora's abilities. Translation Roxas can dual wield= Sora can dual wield.

But.

Sora.

Never.

Did.

Like Flaming Lea said, you can temporarily borrow someone else's keyblade. Anyone can. It doesn't mean Sora has the innate ability to dual wield whenever. It was never explained or shown in game that Sora could do that, but SOMEHOW I'm supposed to infer that that he can.

Can you imagine if some other series did that? What if in Star Wars, George Lucas said "Oh, by the way, Darth Vader could always use force lighting like the Emperor whenever he wanted to!" despite him never doing so in any movie? It doesn't firetrucking happen, dude.

But.

Sora.

Never.

Did.

Like Flaming Lea said, you can temporarily borrow someone else's keyblade. Anyone can. It doesn't mean Sora has the innate ability to dual wield whenever. It was never explained or shown in game that Sora could do that, but SOMEHOW I'm supposed to infer that that he can.

Can you imagine if some other series did that? What if in Star Wars, George Lucas said "Oh, by the way, Darth Vader could always use force lighting like the Emperor whenever he wanted to!" despite him never doing so in any movie? It doesn't firetrucking happen, du

Roxas and Sora share abilities the fact that Roxas did was more then enough proof. I don't see how it could be made any clearer especially since they spent the entire game emphasizing the effect that that Roxas had on Sora. Also tone down the rudeness it's unnecessary and makes me take you less serious. 

Roxas and Sora share abilities the fact that Roxas did was more then enough proof. I don't see how it could be made any clearer especially since they spent the entire game emphasizing the effect that that Roxas had on Sora. Also tone down the rudeness it's unnecessary and makes me take you less serious. 

I'm sorry, my mind just doesn't work that way. I can't make a cause and effect connection when the effect is never shown or referenced. There's cause- Roxas fuses with Sora- there's just no effect- Sora never dual wields out of Drive From. If that makes sense to you, good, great, awesome for you. It's still nonsense to me.

Also, apologies if I'm being rude, I'm honestly not trying to be (though I do think certain people here need to grow a thicker skin). I just get very frustrated when something in this series doesn't make sense to me and other fans seem to get offended at me about it.

I'm sorry, my mind just doesn't work that way. I can't make a cause and effect connection when the effect is never shown or referenced. There's cause- Roxas fuses with Sora- there's just no effect- Sora never dual wields out of Drive From. If that makes sense to you, good, great, awesome for you. It's still nonsense to me.

Also, apologies if I'm being rude, I'm honestly not trying to be (though I do think certain people here need to grow a thicker skin). I just get very frustrated when something in this series doesn't make sense to me and other fans seem to get offended at me about it.

It has nothing to do with having thick skin, and everything to do with my inability to take you seriously when you're resorting to insults and rudeness. Btw a thinly veiled jab is still a jab and is unnecessary. You're the one who came at everyone with the condescending tone because something was obvious to them didn't make sense to you.

As for the topic Nomura confirmed it you don't need any further confirmation then the creator's word.

Edited by devereauxr

I am for the argument that the reason that sora cannot dual wield outside of drive form is because he simply isn't as strong as roxas, who actually AWAKENED the potential based on his own ability rather than use clothes to do so. A flame war is probably going to start from this, but let's face the facts. Roxas was able to beat Riku, who was only able to win by sneak attacks and using a power that technically wasn't his own, ALONE, while sora needed Donald and goofy (doesn't matter if gameplay wise they are useless, they were still there) and he was also able to defeat saix, ALONE, and then we get to the battle at the heart station between sora and roxas, Roxas was without a doubt overpowering sora, in fact he disarmed sora with ease. Only reason sora won was because Roxas got jobbed and was surprised that sora could resummon his keyblade (which doesn't make since because he was able to do the same thing during the FM fight)

Anyway, Roxas is a much more proficient keyblade wielder than sora, though his body, like DiZ mentions, wasn't suited to travel amongst the realm of light in order to defeat the organization. Though even then DiZ was being selfish and hated the concept of nobodies which means Roxas probably could have defeated the organization, if Xion could beat Xigbar (if he didn't fake it) and Roxas could beat saix. It's possible that maybe Roxas could, but he just wouldn't have the bonds that sora had that gave him strength. And 358 also somewhat sheds light on what DiZ was talking about, as Roxas never directly interacted with the denizens of each world, except Tink, but that's an exeception for multiple reasons.

Now another thing, realizing your potential and actually utilizing it are two different things. Much like how in DBZ gohan had his hidden potential realized by guru, yet he was actually able to begin utilizing it during his training with old supreme Kai. anyway, Roxas actually utilized the potential to dual wield while sora simply realized that he could. Even though Roxas was a training proxy for sora during Sora's naptime. Not all of roxas's abilities completely went to sora, which is a reason why he would need to use the clothes, because he simply can't do it on his own YET.

I am for the argument that the reason that sora cannot dual wield outside of drive form is because he simply isn't as strong as roxas, who actually AWAKENED the potential based on his own ability rather than use clothes to do so. A flame war is probably going to start from this, but let's face the facts. Roxas was able to beat Riku, who was only able to win by sneak attacks and using a power that technically wasn't his own, ALONE, while sora needed Donald and goofy (doesn't matter if gameplay wise they are useless, they were still there) and he was also able to defeat saix, ALONE, and then we get to the battle at the heart station between sora and roxas, Roxas was without a doubt overpowering sora, in fact he disarmed sora with ease. Only reason sora won was because Roxas got jobbed and was surprised that sora could resummon his keyblade (which doesn't make since because he was able to do the same thing during the FM fight)

Anyway, Roxas is a much more proficient keyblade wielder than sora, though his body, like DiZ mentions, wasn't suited to travel amongst the realm of light in order to defeat the organization. Though even then DiZ was being selfish and hated the concept of nobodies which means Roxas probably could have defeated the organization, if Xion could beat Xigbar (if he didn't fake it) and Roxas could beat saix. It's possible that maybe Roxas could, but he just wouldn't have the bonds that sora had that gave him strength. And 358 also somewhat sheds light on what DiZ was talking about, as Roxas never directly interacted with the denizens of each world, except Tink, but that's an exeception for multiple reasons.

Now another thing, realizing your potential and actually utilizing it are two different things. Much like how in DBZ gohan had his hidden potential realized by guru, yet he was actually able to begin utilizing it during his training with old supreme Kai. anyway, Roxas actually utilized the potential to dual wield while sora simply realized that he could. Even though Roxas was a training proxy for sora during Sora's naptime. Not all of roxas's abilities completely went to sora, which is a reason why he would need to use the clothes, because he simply can't do it on his own YET.

Nomura's words are canon and fact. It is confirmed fact not a matter of opinion. Nomura outright stated once Sora absorbs Roxas he can also dual wield .There is no way around that .The rest of what you said is biased opinion.

4: Why can Roxas dual-wield?

A: Because he can use both Sora’s and Ventus’ keyblades. Sora can wield two keyblades at once because he has Ventus’ as well as his own. As Roxas is a part of Sora, he also can use two. In Days Roxas awakened his ability to dual wield after fighting Xion. In KHII once
Sora absorbs him, he can also dual-wield.

Sora was capable of defeating Riku seeing as he did so in KH1. Not only did he defeat him on his own he did so when Riku was harnessing the power of Ansem Seeker of Darkness which is something Roxas could not do. Also the only reason why Roxas was able to over power Sora was because he was at his fullest potential whilst Sora was not. Roxas had not completely assimilated with Sora at that point. This is why after that fight Sora was able to tap into his full power (Final Form). If Roxas couldn't foresee Sora summoning his Keyblade that's his own fault.

Sora is just as proficient if not more. This wasn't Kingdom Hearts where Sora's combo consisted of stiff jabs and slashes. KH2 Sora wielded the Keyblade with the skill of a true swordsman. He showed just as much proficiency at dual wielding as Roxas probably more if you factor in drive forms. Sora's skill is even acknowledge by both Sephiroth and Xemnas who are two of the most powerful characters in the game. Also I refute that Roxas could take out the entire Organization by himself because at the peak of his power even Xion noted that if he fought Xemnas he would be destroyed. 

That's a horrible analogy unlike Gohan Sora did not know he had the potential to dual wield. Gohan had people who were aware of his hidden potential and even had people who had the means to pull it out of him so he could use it. Gohan was using his potential during the Cell saga during the Majinn Buu saga used Old Kai extended Gohan's capabilities. Sora on the other hand didn't even know he had a Nobody until the very end of the game nor that he could dual wield. As such Sora would not have utitlized dual wielding until his clothes revealed his ability to do so.

Nomura's words are canon and fact. It is confirmed fact not a matter of opinion. Nomura outright stated once Sora absorbs Roxas he can also dual wield .There is no way around that .The rest of what you said is biased opinion. 4: Why can Roxas dual-wield? A: Because he can use both Sora’s and Ventus’ keyblades. Sora can wield two keyblades at once because he has Ventus’ as well as his own. As Roxas is a part of Sora, he also can use two. In Days Roxas awakened his ability to dual wield after fighting Xion. In KHII once
Sora absorbs him, he can also dual-wield.

Yes, but the thing everyone is disacknowledging is that roxas himself awakened the ability, by reactivating ven's heart, otherwise, the ability to dual wield would have always been there and sora would have been able to dual wield in KH1. Now with that said. The ability did not exist prior to 358 because of the fact that ven was asleep. Now since roxas awakened the ability so then was sora able to have the potential to do. Without roxas, there would be no synch blade,(atleast without sora going through his own traumatic event). Now nomura has been known to weave story elements into thegameplay such as with anti-form and how its origins stem from sora's time as a heartless and overuse of the drive forms. So until there is gameplay or cutscene footage showing sora dual wielding in base form, he simply cant do it alone yet. Taking gameplay into consideration, sora can never truly realize his ultimate potential without the clothes just yet. As he is never able to MAX on any of his growth abilities, also each form boost his inherit stats and abilities. 3D helps to show that he is on his way to realizing this potential because he is able to outperform high jump, and able to use magic/strength based deck commands and also able to use superglide.What im saying and have been trying to say. Is that Sora can dual wield in base form, he just can't do it yet.And my opinion of roxas being a stronger keyblade wielder may be biased, but i have more than enough evidence to back up the assumption.

Yes, but the thing everyone is disacknowledging is that roxas himself awakened the ability, by reactivating ven's heart, otherwise, the ability to dual wield would have always been there and sora would have been able to dual wield in KH1. Now with that said. The ability did not exist prior to 358 because of the fact that ven was asleep. Now since roxas awakened the ability so then was sora able to have the potential to do. Without roxas, there would be no synch blade,(atleast without sora going through his own traumatic event).

Roxas didn't purposely awaken Ven's heart. He didn't even know he had it so that really means nothing.

Now nomura has been known to weave story elements into thegameplay such as with anti-form and how its origins stem from sora's time as a heartless and overuse of the drive forms. So until there is gameplay or cutscene footage showing sora dual wielding in base form, he simply cant do it alone yet. Taking gameplay into consideration, sora can never truly realize his ultimate potential without the clothes just yet. As he is never able to MAX on any of his growth abilities, also each form boost his inherit stats and abilities. 3D helps to show that he is on his way to realizing this potential because he is able to outperform high jump, and able to use magic/strength based deck commands and also able to use superglide.

Once again - it is confirmed FACT that after Sora absorbs Roxas he can also dual wield. Nomura's words = canon .No if's or buts about it . Confirmed fact .

What im saying and have been trying to say. Is that Sora can dual wield in base form, he just can't do it yet.

And my opinion of roxas being a stronger keyblade wielder may be biased, but i have more than enough evidence to back up the assumption.

Opinion doesn't equal fact .Devereauxr just negated most of your opinion with his opinion.  I am strictly dealing with facts here only.Fact remains that Sora could dual wield once absorbing roxas. If you wanted to debate circumstances I'm sure if Sora had a friend die in his arms  before Roxas the same thing would've happened with Ven's heart. The clothes only help bring out hidden potential - they are not the cause of the hidden potential. This is fact. Just because it hasn't been shown yet doesn't negate the creators own words explaining why Sora and Ven dual wield.

Edited by Flaming Lea

Sora was capable of defeating Riku seeing as he did so in KH1. Not only did he defeat him on his own he did so when Riku was harnessing the power of Ansem Seeker of Darkness which is something Roxas could not do. Also the only reason why Roxas was able to over power Sora was because he was at his fullest potential whilst Sora was not. Roxas had not completely assimilated with Sora at that point. This is why after that fight Sora was able to tap into his full power (Final Form). If Roxas couldn't foresee Sora summoning his Keyblade that's his own fault.  Sora is just as proficient if not more. This wasn't Kingdom Hearts where Sora's combo consisted of stiff jabs and slashes. KH2 Sora wielded the Keyblade with the skill of a true swordsman. He showed just as much proficiency at dual wielding as Roxas probably more if you factor in drive forms. Sora's skill is even acknowledge by both Sephiroth and Xemnas who are two of the most powerful characters in the game. Also I refute that Roxas could take out the entire Organization by himself because at the peak of his power even Xion noted that if he fought Xemnas he would be destroyed.    That's a horrible analogy unlike Gohan Sora did not know he had the potential to dual wield. Gohan had people who were aware of his hidden potential and even had people who had the means to pull it out of him so he could use it. Gohan was using his potential during the Cell saga during the Majinn Buu saga used Old Kai extended Gohan's capabilities. Sora on the other hand didn't even know he had a Nobody until the very end of the game nor that he could dual wield. As such Sora would not have utitlized dual wielding until his clothes revealed his ability to do so.

Youre just helping to prove my point, thatsora simply isnt at the limits of his potential, he hasnt utilized it the same way that roxas has. He did not have the experience that roxas had. kH took about 120 days to complete, thats based on the 358 days timeline and the fact that it took about 15-20 days for sora to complete both hollow bastion and the end of the world and arrive at CO, which means it would take about 5-8 days per world and possible revisit. Where as roxas had literally an entire year spent doing nothing but fighting hearless. He was able to train harder and longer than sora seeing as he had to fight alone for more of his dangerous missions, (dustflier counts).Now unless you yourself are a master swordsman, you sir are no scotsman. And cannot say for a fact that sora is a true swordsman, if that were the case, yen sid would not have to retrain him in the way of the keyblade in 3d. sephiroth noted that sora was indeed skilled, but in the end, sephiroth literally brushed off the damage inflicted to him. Hes good, but sephiroth is a TRUE master swordsman, as stated in his own game. My analogy is spot on, your interpretation of it is not.Gohan, like sora, did not know of his potential. His boosts of power that allowed him to beat the shit out of both raditz and frieza (two people that the Z fighters were getting their asses handed to by) stemmed from his blind rage. He was able to break his limits so to speak, but only through guru, goku's training in the hyperbolic time chamber and old kai's ceremony was he able to further utilize his full potential. I honestly think this entire arguement is coming from the misinterpretation of having potential and actually utilizing it. Lets put it like this. Michael jordans son HAS the potential to grow up to be as tall as michael jordan due to inherited genes, but if the son does not eat right, exercise properly and live an overall healthy lifestyle, he will never utilize that potential in his genes. And will instead have his growth stunted, which is EXACTLY what happened to gohan in the buu saga due to the seven year peace where he didnt train. And sora knowing or not knowing whether he had a nobody does not effect in anyway whatsover the fact that he has the potential to utilize dual wielding. And again, even roxas did not know he had the ability, YET he utilized it anyway, he realized his full potential.

Youre just helping to prove my point, thatsora simply isnt at the limits of his potential, he hasnt utilized it the same way that roxas has. He did not have the experience that roxas had. kH took about 120 days to complete, thats based on the 358 days timeline and the fact that it took about 15-20 days for sora to complete both hollow bastion and the end of the world and arrive at CO, which means it would take about 5-8 days per world and possible revisit. Where as roxas had literally an entire year spent doing nothing but fighting hearless. He was able to train harder and longer than sora seeing as he had to fight alone for more of his dangerous missions, (dustflier counts).Now unless you yourself are a master swordsman, you sir are no scotsman. And cannot say for a fact that sora is a true swordsman, if that were the case, yen sid would not have to retrain him in the way of the keyblade in 3d. sephiroth noted that sora was indeed skilled, but in the end, sephiroth literally brushed off the damage inflicted to him. Hes good, but sephiroth is a TRUE master swordsman, as stated in his own game.My analogy is spot on, your interpretation of it is not.Gohan, like sora, did not know of his potential. His boosts of power that allowed him to beat the shit out of both raditz and frieza (two people that the Z fighters were getting their asses handed to by) stemmed from his blind rage. He was able to break his limits so to speak, but only through guru, goku's training in the hyperbolic time chamber and old kai's ceremony was he able to further utilize his full potential. I honestly think this entire arguement is coming from the misinterpretation of having potential and actually utilizing it. Lets put it like this. Michael jordans son HAS the potential to grow up to be as tall as michael jordan due to inherited genes, but if the son does not eat right, exercise properly and live an overall healthy lifestyle, he will never utilize that potential in his genes. And will instead have his growth stunted, which is EXACTLY what happened to gohan in the buu saga due to the seven year peace where he didnt train.And sora knowing or not knowing whether he had a nobody does not effect in anyway whatsover the fact that he has the potential to utilize dual wielding. And again, even roxas did not know he had the ability, YET he utilized it anyway, he realized his full potential.

Again, Nomura didn't not say Sora had the "potential" to dual wield in normal form, he stated he had the actual ability. And when in comes to KH, Nomura's word is law. Yes, the Drive Forms help him unlock his potential, but this potential only goes so far as increasing his skill with the Keyblade and with magic. It simply makes him stronger, faster, more agile, and increases his magical proficiency nothing more.

Edited by Isamu_Kuno

Again, Nomura didn't not say Sora had the "potential" to dual wield in normal form, he stated he had the actual ability. And when in comes to KH, Nomura's word is law. Yes, the Drive Forms help him unlock his potential, but this potential only goes so far as increasing his skill with the Keyblade and with magic. It simply makes him stronger, faster, and more agile, nothing more.

but its his potential, which means that if he were to train hard enough, he would never have to use the drive forms, because that would be himself at base form at full power, his utilized full potential. The definition of potential is to show the capability to develop into something in the future, through training. And yes, he has the ability, ive said that many times, he just can't use it alone yet without the clothes. Right now we have a schrodingers cat that can never be truly answered unless nomura states " sora can dual wield outside of drive form in KH2" . As if sora does use dual wielding without the clothes in KH3 then he trained until he was able to do so, or on the other hand he was able to from the moment he absorbed roxas. Nomura stated that sora can dual wield, but never said ability or potential. Its not explicitly stated one way or the other. You can interpret it however you want.

but its his potential, which means that if he were to train hard enough, he would never have to use the drive forms, because that would be himself at base form at full power, his utilized full potential. The definition of potential is to show the capability to develop into something in the future, through training. And yes, he has the ability, ive said that many times, he just can't use it alone yet without the clothes. Right now we have a schrodingers cat that can never be truly answered unless nomura states " sora can dual wield outside of drive form in KH2" . As if sora does use dual wielding without the clothes in KH3 then he trained until he was able to do so, or on the other hand he was able to from the moment he absorbed roxas. Nomura stated that sora can dual wield, but never said ability or potential. Its not explicitly stated one way or the other. You can interpret it however you want.

That's what we're saying he did stat that, specifically.

4: Why can Roxas dual-wield?

Because he can use both Sora’s and Ventus’s Keyblades.

Sora can wield two Keyblades at once because he has Ventus’s as well as
 his own. As Roxas is a part of Sora, he also can use two. In Days, Roxas
 awakened his ability to dual-wield after fighting Xion. In KHII, once
 Sora absorbed Roxas, he could also dual-wield. Roxas awoke his ability to dual-wield through his will to not forget Xion, who also wielded a Keyblade.

It says, right there, that "once Sora absorbed Roxas, he could also dual-wield." It doesn't say he merely has the potential, it says he can. Not could, can. As in he is already capable, as in he already has the ability to.

Edited by Isamu_Kuno

Youre just helping to prove my point, thatsora simply isnt at the limits of his potential, he hasnt utilized it the same way that roxas has. He did not have the experience that roxas had. kH took about 120 days to complete, thats based on the 358 days timeline and the fact that it took about 15-20 days for sora to complete both hollow bastion and the end of the world and arrive at CO, which means it would take about 5-8 days per world and possible revisit. Where as roxas had literally an entire year spent doing nothing but fighting hearless. He was able to train harder and longer than sora seeing as he had to fight alone for more of his dangerous missions, (dustflier counts).

You're missing the point lol. When I say Sora was not at his full power it's because Roxas was still harboring half of Sora's power. Roxas still had not fully assimilated with Sora and as such was able to overpower Sora in that fight. In other words Roxas at his full strength was half of the power of fully a completed Sora hence the nature of Final Form. However none of that has to do with Sora's or Roxas' ability to dual wield. Roxas awakened the ability not because he was powerful or because he trained longer then Sora but because of the principles surrounding heart regrowth. At birth Roxas held within him Ven's fractured and sleeping heart which held no influence over him other then his appearance. Over time Roxas due to his interactions in the other world's affairs began to grow his own heart. Roxas' experiences in turn nurtured Ven's heart allowing it to grow. When Roxas fought and absorbed Xion the trauma was so great it forced Ven's heart to awaken. This is the reason why Roxas was able to finally access Ven's Keyblade.

Now unless you yourself are a master swordsman, you sir are no scotsman. And cannot say for a fact that sora is a true swordsman, if that were the case, yen sid would not have to retrain him in the way of the keyblade in 3d. sephiroth noted that sora was indeed skilled, but in the end, sephiroth literally brushed off the damage inflicted to him. Hes good, but sephiroth is a TRUE master swordsman, as stated in his own game. 

So Sephiroth who is in fact a master swordsman acknowledging Sora's skill means nothing. So Xemnas one of the most powerful characters in the series acknowledging Sora's power counts for naught. The only reason Sora didn't leave a scratch on Sephiroth is because Cloud is the only person who can defeat him as he directly stated in game. You can't go toe to toe with the likes of Sephiroth without being a master in swordplay.

It's not his potential it's his ability the drive forms enhance the abilities he already has by drawing on Sora's connections to others.

Edited by devereauxr