Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Exiblade7

Aonuma Says Zelda Wii U Will Push Hardware With “As Large A World As Can Be Realised”

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/02/16/aonuma-says-zelda-wii-u-will-push-hardware-with-as-large-a-world-as-can-be-realised/

I can't wait until this games come out this year! I love looking at maps and analyzing them for hidden clues or even Easter eggs. This zelda game may just be one of the best zeldas in existence when it comes out and I hope that I won't need any guides to help me complete Zelda U because I want to do it all by myself without spoiling myself by looking at the guides. :)

Edited by Toon Link

Well great, 3 games with massive worlds this year. Guess I might need to save Zelda U for next year. ._.

I'm curious how the world size will compare to Xenoblade X's, though. As big as the new Hyrule will be, I get a feeling Planet Mira's going to be a lot larger, considering Monolith is sacrificing graphical quality for the size of the world. Not to mention Monolith made what's possibly the largest RPG world of the last generation. I'm excited to explore both games, of course, just wondering how they'll compare in terms of size.

Well great, 3 games with massive worlds this year. Guess I might need to save Zelda U for next year. ._.

I'm curious how the world size will compare to Xenoblade X's, though. As big as the new Hyrule will be, I get a feeling Planet Mira's going to be a lot larger, considering Monolith is sacrificing graphical quality for the size of the world. Not to mention Monolith made what's possibly the largest RPG world of the last generation. I'm excited to explore both games, of course, just wondering how they'll compare in terms of size.

I'm not sure about that since I barely know anything about those games, especially Monolith. 

I'm not sure about that since I barely know anything about those games, especially Monolith. 

Monolith is the company that's making Xenoblade X (Monolith Soft, some fans just shorten it to Monolith). Xenoblade was probably the biggest Wii game in terms of world size, so I get a feeling X will end up being the biggest on the Wii U. Zelda U could definitely come very close, though, and I really hope that it will. I loved Wind Waker because of the exploration, so another game like that would easily become one of my favorites.

Monolith is the company that's making Xenoblade X (Monolith Soft, some fans just shorten it to Monolith). Xenoblade was probably the biggest Wii game in terms of world size, so I get a feeling X will end up being the biggest on the Wii U. Zelda U could definitely come very close, though, and I really hope that it will. I loved Wind Waker because of the exploration, so another game like that would easily become one of my favorites.

Keep in mind that in the zelda u map, we saw forests and mountains going beyond the border of the map, which could mean that the map could be even bigger than expected.

Well great, 3 games with massive worlds this year. Guess I might need to save Zelda U for next year. ._. I'm curious how the world size will compare to Xenoblade X's, though. As big as the new Hyrule will be, I get a feeling Planet Mira's going to be a lot larger, considering Monolith is sacrificing graphical quality for the size of the world. Not to mention Monolith made what's possibly the largest RPG world of the last generation. I'm excited to explore both games, of course, just wondering how they'll compare in terms of size.

Its completed game is 23 and a half gigs. For a Nintendo game, that is absolutely huge. So yeah, I have a feeling it will be a huge world.Onto the topic of Zelda U, I've only recently really joined the Zelda fanbase, but I'm excited to see this world they're making, especially if it's going to be that big.

Would b a lot more interested if it had as much content as can be realized. Zelda games have never done particularly well with massive open spaces.

Its completed game is 23 and a half gigs. For a Nintendo game, that is absolutely huge. So yeah, I have a feeling it will be a huge world.

for most games that's huge, an average game pre-PS4/XB1 is 5-10 GB

I get a feeling they'll be pretty equal. X has 5 large continents to visit. Zelda U is just one big open world that's realised in the same sense as X's 5 continents. Both games are using the Wii U's hardware to fully realize thebworlds within each one.

Keep in mind that in the zelda u map, we saw forests and mountains going beyond the border of the map, which could mean that the map could be even bigger than expected.

That's true, but considering that Xenoblade X has already been confirmed to be equivalent to five times the size of the entire Japanese archipelago, it would take a lot of work to make a bigger game. Not to mention that most of the original Xenoblade's area maps were just like what Zelda U's showed.

That's too big. Think I'll pass.

Also, no need to put down other games just to build yours up.

Haha, well Square Enix is giving Project Flare to everyone to use.

I never put down any games.

Haha, well Square Enix is giving Project Flare to everyone to use.

I never put down any games.

You're talking about how this game is nothing compared to the next FF game, and going around telling people to just wait for that if they want a big game.

You're talking about how this game is nothing compared to the next FF game, and going around telling people to just wait for that if they want a big game.

no, you're putting words in his mouth

he just sad it has a bigger world

literally nothing else

no, you're putting words in his mouth

he just sad it has a bigger world

literally nothing else

If you want a massive world just wait for Final Fantasy XVI - 17 times the size of Skyrim.

oh hey look, you just proved my point

he said a game would have a bigger map

he didn't say it was nothing

or anything 

he just said it was bigger

He wrote off Zelda U and started boasting about the game he's more interested in.

reading

too

much

into

it

not

really

It would be like if I stormed into a FF thread and said "Xenoblade X is going to be the best RPG ever made. Lol." Keep the boasting for threads for that game, don't go and ruin it for the fans of another game.

not

really

It would be like if I stormed into a FF thread and said "Xenoblade X is going to be the best RPG ever made. Lol." Keep the boasting for threads for that game, don't go and ruin it for the fans of another game.

no it'd be like if you went in and mentioned that Xenoblade X had a bigger world

even if this were some fictional context where the person was saying a game was better... so what? How does that negatively impact you? Comparing things is how we get standards. If we treat every game as its own precious snowflake then we're obliged to be amazed by every game for the remarkable technical feat of having moving pictures that REACT to your input

no it'd be like if you went in and mentioned that Xenoblade X had a bigger world

even if this were some fictional context where the person was saying a game was better... so what? How does that negatively impact you? Comparing things is how we get standards. If we treat every game as its own precious snowflake then we're obliged to be amazed by every game for the remarkable technical feat of having moving pictures that REACT to your input

I'm just pointing out that storming into unrelated threads to advertise the game you're looking forward to just comes off as obnoxious and annoying. Yes, comparing things is good, but at least give the other side some credit. I said I was curious about how the size will compare to Xenoblade X, but still said both will be huge and a lot of fun to explore. Just saying FF is good comes off as acting like a complete fanboy.