Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Lu Xun

How was High School for you?

How was High School for you?  

120 members have voted

1. 1. How was High School for you?

• It was great! Best years of my life!
    • It was okay... Nothing that special about it.
    • It was horrible... I was so glad when it ended.
    • I am still in High Shool but so far it's been very nice
    • I am still in High School but so far it's been very bad
    • I haven't started High School yet

Currently in High School.

I've been to two of them. First one was amazing. Second one which is going on right now, is alright. Its filled with kids with somewhat different interests than me but same personality. I got along with most of them, but I never gotten close to them since either

A) Some of them are dumb so its like there is no point.

B) Some of them get bitchy so less trust.

C) Most of them already have a group of friends so I need to go out and reach them out which is weird sometimes depending on the situation, which works sometimes, but its difficult otherwise.

So right now, its alright. Not bad, not great. Just fine.

Kinda miss the easy grades and seeing all my friends and teachers.

University is set up to your liking (in terms of courses), but has less interaction with other students and profs (my campus, at least, is considered very anti-social, but maybe a little too much, even for someone shy like me.) First year is quite overwhelming for me, as I'm still stuck in do-nothing-in-high-school-get-good-grades mode. Not to mention you have to pay for your courses. So if you screw up...welp.

I guess I'd probably fall under the "okay" category.

High school was fine for me; it was tough in some parts, easy in others, and varied. I made a lot of friends, some of whom are still my best friends today. I see others from time to time, and there's nothing to complain about; nobody hated each other, and we've all grown into normal, well-adjusted human beings.

I'm sure it could have been better, but it also could have been a lot worse. And compared to college, which is about as boring as it gets, I enjoyed my time in high school more (although being an adult overall is way better).

In High School (or in Scottish translation: Secondary school) I was very much to myself until my last year, and it was probably my best. Got more involved with the school, committees and events and it made it a great memorable year for me. Became the photographer for the school yearbook, talked to more people and I also did a comedy sketch for a talent show which got 37.5/40 points while the winner got 38/40 points, which sucked but for the rest of the year people were complimenting me and saying "oh, you're that guy!" :D

Definitely a word of advice going through school; obviously focus on your studies, but besides that don't sit on the sidelines, try to get involved, show interest to people (even people you don't like), and be kind. School years are definitely what define you as a person and you'll find the benefits of school if you do that! :D

Edited by AndrewHankinson

I left secondary school a few years ago so my memory of it is kinda hazy. I don't remember it being bad though. I loved the time I spent with my friends and wouldn't trade those memories for anything. I know people who absolutely hated their time, but for me it was ok.

It was good. Actually, my graduating class was pretty cool, because generally there weren't any social stigmas between groups, and we all got along decently well. The further I get from it, the more I find I enjoyed the University and College style of things, but at the same time, I think the social interaction is important. Kids can suck and be jerks, but, well, adults can suck and be jerks too, so better to have some experience in dealing with people at a younger age than not.

It was good.  The first half of Freshmen year was bad, but then I realized that going to a different high school than my "friends" was really a blessing in disguise.  I really did not want to leave - I wanted to go to more dances and stuff like that.

Not really that good for me.

The only people I talk to in school are the teachers, in case they ask questions for some subject-related problems.

I'm actually glad my high school days were over 7 years ago. My first two years of high school was hell (it's like being inside a prison). The harassment from those boys and school fights happen almost every doggone day.   For my last two years, it was quiet yeah, but still hell (when it comes to school work and once taking the bus home, on a hot summer's day...). 

Well during my last few months I constantly ate lunch in the bathroom, had a freak-out during a math test in which I cried and clenched my teeth so hard it hurt, self-harmed for the first time, ran away, tried to kill myself and got sent off to a psych ward.

But I'm all better now, so it's cool C:

LONGPOST //cutting it with spoiler//

Extremities aside, I was just going through a lot of internal things. Externally things were fine, nobody ever bothered me, I had plenty of friends, but...Idk. I was more focused on discovering myself than I probably should've been, and iit was all so negative and wrong. Depression and anxiety runs in the mother's side of the family and got passed onto me so that was fun. I slept all through 10th grade (my worst year). I honestly would've past every class with a Bs or higher (with the exception of math) if it weren't for homework. the second I got home, I instantly left "school mode" and just did not complete my home work.

I know that that was all completely my fault, no shit, I take full responsibility. I just think that that whole "finding out who you are" hit me more than the average person...and I'm not alone, there' literally so many of us in that school.

But hey. I've gotten my experiences, and the past is the past. All that's behind me. I've learned a lot and I'll continue to do so, and my life is on the right track now. Looking back on it I really don't know what was wrong with me. If you asked my I just couldn't tell ya. Guess I was just an ordinary stupid kid that needed a wakeup call, y'know? I was never a bad kid, I was always sweet and kind, I just didn't take care of myself in the mental sense, I guess.

I've never had big dreams, anyways. So long as I'm able to support myself financially someday and maintain a steady, secure, self-sustainable home and lifestyle, I'll be happy. And if things don't work out, well hey...I've got backup plans. That's my thing now, haha. My parents are kind enough to let me stay with'em, so long as I work and don't do anying stupid, I'm free to come and go as I please. And hey that's the best thing, right?

When/if I ever have kids, I'll make sure to watch over them extra carefully during higschool years, and I will let them know what happened to me so that they don't go through the same. I'll look out for signs of depression, anxiety, etc. and catch it while it's early so we can talk about it, and let them know.

Now I'm all motherfiretruckin' smiles! Especially at work. I'm lucky to have a boss that says he wishes he could have 10 of me, and coworkers/friends that call me Smiley and Giggles, hehe. AND A CUTE-AF BAE THAT LOVES ME HOLLLAAAAA HES SO CUTE HES RHE CUTEST I WISH I COULD SHOW YALL PICS OD HOW CUTE HE IS BUT I DINT THINK HED WANT ME TO POST PICTURES OF HIM ONLINE TO STRANGERS BUT JUST IMAGINE THE CUTEST THING IN THE WORLD, AND THATS HIM <3 *cough* uh....sorry there. He's just a sweetie.

Oh and, for the whole hispital thing I can talk about it really easily online, but irl if something pertaining to/alluding to that (ecen not with me in the context) gets mentioned I really, really, try to avoid it. Yeahhh. I mean if anyone has any questions to what it's like feel free to ask me but I'd appreciate it if you could avoid the usage of jokes about it.

So yeah :D

Well during my last few months I constantly ate lunch in the bathroom, had a freak-out during a math test in which I cried and clenched my teeth so hard it hurt, self-harmed for the first time, ran away, tried to kill myself and got sent off to a psych ward.

But I'm all better now, so it's cool C:

LONGPOST //cutting it with spoiler//

Extremities aside, I was just going through a lot of internal things. Externally things were fine, nobody ever bothered me, I had plenty of friends, but...Idk. I was more focused on discovering myself than I probably should've been, and iit was all so negative and wrong. Depression and anxiety runs in the mother's side of the family and got passed onto me so that was fun. I slept all through 10th grade (my worst year). I honestly would've past every class with a Bs or higher (with the exception of math) if it weren't for homework. the second I got home, I instantly left "school mode" and just did not complete my home work.

I know that that was all completely my fault, no shit, I take full responsibility. I just think that that whole "finding out who you are" hit me more than the average person...and I'm not alone, there' literally so many of us in that school.

But hey. I've gotten my experiences, and the past is the past. All that's behind me. I've learned a lot and I'll continue to do so, and my life is on the right track now. Looking back on it I really don't know what was wrong with me. If you asked my I just couldn't tell ya. Guess I was just an ordinary stupid kid that needed a wakeup call, y'know? I was never a bad kid, I was always sweet and kind, I just didn't take care of myself in the mental sense, I guess.

I've never had big dreams, anyways. So long as I'm able to support myself financially someday and maintain a steady, secure, self-sustainable home and lifestyle, I'll be happy. And if things don't work out, well hey...I've got backup plans. That's my thing now, haha. My parents are kind enough to let me stay with'em, so long as I work and don't do anying stupid, I'm free to come and go as I please. And hey that's the best thing, right?

When/if I ever have kids, I'll make sure to watch over them extra carefully during higschool years, and I will let them know what happened to me so that they don't go through the same. I'll look out for signs of depression, anxiety, etc. and catch it while it's early so we can talk about it, and let them know.

Now I'm all motherfiretruckin' smiles! Especially at work. I'm lucky to have a boss that says he wishes he could have 10 of me, and coworkers/friends that call me Smiley and Giggles, hehe. AND A CUTE-AF BAE THAT LOVES ME HOLLLAAAAA HES SO CUTE HES RHE CUTEST I WISH I COULD SHOW YALL PICS OD HOW CUTE HE IS BUT I DINT THINK HED WANT ME TO POST PICTURES OF HIM ONLINE TO STRANGERS BUT JUST IMAGINE THE CUTEST THING IN THE WORLD, AND THATS HIM <3 *cough* uh....sorry there. He's just a sweetie.

Oh and, for the whole hispital thing I can talk about it really easily online, but irl if something pertaining to/alluding to that (ecen not with me in the context) gets mentioned I really, really, try to avoid it. Yeahhh. I mean if anyone has any questions to what it's like feel free to ask me but I'd appreciate it if you could avoid the usage of jokes about it.

So yeah :D

first I was like

Posted Image

then i was like

Posted Image

First 2 years was boring, as in nothing too special to remember about.

Last 2 years was great! More things happened, me and my friend made a video game club, and got out a lot more than before. And no firetrucking disease to screw up my life.

Edited by OmegaForte

High School has definitely got to be one of the best time periods that I went through in my life!  It was a wonderful experience, and I was able to spend those three years of High School with my best friends, who are practically my family!  We'd hang out, talk, laugh, cry, enjoy the free time when our professors were absent, and well, everything in High School was just great!  It's a time in my life I look back at fondly, and every time I walk by my old High School, I smile and remember the good times. The memories created by my best friends and I shall forever live on in my heart. :)

As for the classes, I hated them, especially math!  Gah, math was such a headache!  Lol, the only reason school is good for is for hanging out with your friends! Lol. xD

(But seriously kids, education is good for you.  Except math.  Math will always be evil in my book!)