Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Hargleblargleboo

(RE-DO) Athánatos: City of Corruption (RP)

-Randir Mori & Nevada Hasashi-

Randir nodded at the jesting comment made by the Ninja, yet he knew of her concern. However, they were soon surrounded and went back-to-back with their respective blades readied to prepare to fight off the other Hellhounds. "You have a plan, hothead?" He asked.

"Not really, frosty. I just kinda roll with these thing." Nevada spoke with cockiness, even though the odds were against them.

"Heh, we're not so different after all." Randir remarked, having just met this Ninja yet already having a familiarity and interactions was a good start, even in their predicament.

However, their situation soon became a much easier one, as the living and dead Hellhounds suddenly retreated back to their hellish home, leaving everyone somewhat befuddled, yet in some celebration over being able to fight off and kill some of them and survive.

"Well that...went well. I bet the Government is annoyed at their "precious order" being disrupted in the course of true justice and courage." Randir remarked, with him and Nevada stepping out of their position and facing each other.

"Oh I hope they are, Sub-Zero. I tire of these idiotic politicians who just sit in their high building drinking, getting high and jacking off." Nevada said with contempt.

"And not a care in the world for any of us. Just holding onto old prejudices that have long lost their justification. Fools." Randir interjected.

Nevada sheathed her sword, offering her hand for Randir to shake. "Anyway, aside from that, allow me to introduce myself. My name is Nevada. Nevada Hasashi. A Cambion. It is an honour to meet you in person, Sub-Zero." She said with an oddly high amount of politeness.

Randir gladly shook her hand. "Heh, to think you were jesting about our enemies and naming me after a Snowman just moments ago, Nevada." He said amusingly and with a tone of respect.

"It's what I do, Sub-Zero." Nevada said proudly. She also preferred his Sub-Zero nickname, feeling it was his best fitting one. "You not gonna tell me yours?" She asked.

"You have to earn that right from me, Ninja." He spoke with a "to-the-point" tone, yet wasn't rude about it. "For now, stick with your nickname. It is fitting." He added.

"Oh, all right, play hardball. Heh heh...hey, you wanna, just, spend the rest of this night as a duo? Not a date, I've only known you for 5 minutes, so don't get any funny ideas, chilly-bones." She quipped.

"It would be my pleasure and honour, Nevada. The streets seem to have settled down for now and I'd like to get to know someone from your revered clan just like how you want to know me so, mutual exchange of information?" Randir said.

"Deal. Now come on, slowpoke!" She said excitedly as she ran ahead, with Randir in close pursuit. 

~Ty Everson~

Tyler looked at the number hastily scribbled on the paper. He unlocked his phone, and put the number in as "W-A." Tyler wasn't sure how the government treated or tracked beasts - names, numbers, species. He also wasn't sure if they tracked cellphones. That is why he always labeled names a bit differently than most people. He contemplated whether he should call Silas now, or tomorrow. Perhaps now was a better option. He hit the green phone button, and awaited an answer.

~Amelia Ashby~

Midnight was growing close; just a few more hours, and all the beasts of the city would be awake. Amelia had stepped out of her home, out of the forest, for the first time. Had it been under different circumstances, she would have been ecstatic. Unfortunately, it hadn't been the case. The fields leading up to the main city had been covered in blood and fell beasts, some looked as if they were still alive, but Amelia knew an illusion when she saw one. The roars and cries had fallen dead, and the Hellhounds hadn't been anywhere in sight.

"Hello?" She called out, her voice wavering. No answer. She continued onto the road, and deeper into the city. The streets were seemingly empty- aside from a few beasts here and there, the streets were bare. Nothing could be heard. Nothing, that is, except a faint piano. Amy perked her ears, trying to detect which direction the music had been coming from. There. A window shone brightly with light, and, although closed, the music could be heard from below.

Amelia hopped up, reaching the window seal of the musical residence, and rested her head. Not sleeping, merely listening to the music that played. Something about it was both relaxing and nostalgic. Was it something she had heard before? She couldn't be certain. She looked in at the boy playing the music. He seemed distressed, much like herself. Still, he played, and he played well. She put again her head down, as to focus on the music, rather than her day.

Silas heard his cellphone ring with it's curious tune. He turned off the shower, taking a towel to dry himself up, flinching here and there as he touched his injuries. He would heal soon. Beasts usually healed faster than Espers if left alone. He walked over to the bed, picking up his cellphone as he dove beneath the bed sheets. "Mm? It isn't mom." Silas muttered, not expecting the unknown number. It took him a few seconds to come to the conclusion it was Tyler. "(He did call me after all.)" Silas thought relieved, answering the phone promptly. "Silas speaking...is that you, Tyler?" Silas asked, sticking his head out for air from the bed sheets. "I'm sorry you had to see me fight against that Hellhound back there. It can get crazy when those things are around. But I'm not usually that violent, promise." Silas quickly explained, wanting to get that over with. "Are you alright? Are you home?"

Joel finished the short classical tune and actually felt relaxed. Music always calmed his nerves, even in the darkest of hours. Then, suddenly, he felt his phone vibrating in his pocket. He jolted up a bit, but once looking at the number, he sighed in relief. It was just Ellen, his childhood companion that took him in after his parents death. She was an esper that specialized in cryokinesis. She always acted as the 'big sister' type around Joel. She even helped him get into the university as well as a dorm near it. Like tonight, he resided in his dorm because it was close. That, and he doesn't have a vehicle.

Besides, ever since he came out as bi to her about a month ago, she's acted rather iffy around him. It didn't help that she was very sensitive about her reputation either. She also didn't really want her little sisters to hang around him as much anymore. Joel figured that living in a twisted city full of wizards and monsters, her worrying about his preferences would be the last thing she'd freak out about. 

Joel answered his phone and put it on speaker just to make things a bit easier.

"Hey, Elly.", Joel answered politely.

"Joel! Oh, thank goodness, you're okay!", Ellen cried.

"Yeah, I know."

"So, you got to your dorm okay after your visit with the Chrysanthemum Sisters?"

"Yes, I did, Elly. Don't worry. And I wasn't attacked by any hellhounds either."

Ellen chuckled a bit.

"Well, why would you? You're an esper!"

Joel sighed a bit. "I know. I just hope that... innocent beasts didn't get killed... That's what they go after..." He shifted his eyes to the floor. 

"What?", Ellen said, rather irritated. "Ugh, I'm sure they got the ones that caused trouble. Don't worry."

"I dunno, it's just that I have a couple of friends who are 'beasts', and..."

"They're just fine.", the girl reassured. "Anyways, you went to those old sisters, yeah? Tell me, who's the lucky girl?", she asked rather spontaneously.

"W-W-Whoa, wait. What??"

"Or! Or...", Ellen sighed. "The lucky guy... Anyways, Most people go to the sisters to see who their significant other will be? Did you ask them about that?"

"No! I didn't!", shouted, flustered and cheeks burning with embarrassment.     "Oh.", Elly said, sounding disappointed. "What did you ask them?"

"How the city is gonna hold up in the future. I was paranoid, okay?"

"Okay, okay. Sheesh... ", the girl sighed. "Is the status any good?"

"Well... No. They said the city is in terrible danger."

"Huh? What was their first clue?"

"No! No, like, in more danger than it'll ever be in."

"Yeah, yeah. That's fine because we can all defend ourselves against any weirdos that come around."

Joel sighed. "Yeah. Sure."

"Yup. Anyways, I just called to see if you were okay and made it to your apartment safely."

Joel laughed a bit himself. "You always got to play 'Big Sister', don't you, Elly?"

"Why wouldn't I? Anyways, gotta go. Goodnight."

"Goodnight." With that, Joel hung up the phone and sighed.

He glanced over to his window to see if the rain had stopped. By the sound of it, that didn't seem to be the case. However, what he did see at his window was a shadow. The sonokinetic's eyes widened. What was that? Was it a cat? A dog? How long was it out in the rain? As much as animals didn't particularly like Joel, he always sort of admired them. Heck, there was one time that a cat came up to him with remorse and affection. That, and seeing animals alone in the rain made his compassionate for them.

Joel slowly and cautiously made his way to the window. Slowly, he opened it up a crack, calling out to the animal softly. 

"Hello?" He looked down at the animal to see that it was a fox of some sort; a very beautiful-looking fox. Probably a kitsune. "Hey there, little fox." He tried to be as nice to it as possible. "What are you doing out here in the rain? You'll get cold!" He reached out his arms to see if the fox wanted to go inside.

"Would you like to come in?", he asked sweetly.

-Randir Mori & Nevada Hasashi-

After he caught up with her, Randir and Nevada slowed down to a walking pace into the city streets, strolling without a real goal while talking to one another.

"So, tell me about your...occupation, Sub-Zero." Nevada said, hoping to be enlightened.

"Well...it is hard. I can't meet all of the demands that the nights of this city bring, but I do what I can to try and send a message to the incompetent cowards up high. It does take a weight off of my over-encumbered shoulders knowing there are others who are willing to help. Your clan being the biggest benefactor. Yet, I did see a few Espers during that Hellhound massacre helping out......no one has dared go near those monsters 'till now. What's different I wonder...?" Randir began to ponder.

"It is our honour to assist you, Cryomancer." Nevada said with a out of place stern tone...before chuckling at herself. "I really can't believe I said that, even though it's true." She said, jestingly.

"Hmm...but you are right...perhaps a time of revolution is nearing...I hope so." She noted.

"What about you, Nevada? Yourself I mean." Randir asked curiously.

"Me? Hmm....well, I serve my clan very well...I am also a "Devil Hunter". Aka: Someone who hunts Rogue Beasts and Corrupt Espers for a living. Basically, what you do but for money but with a common purpose and morality. I'm a good girl, promise!" She said playfully.

"A Hunter of those kinds of people....again, we're not so different. Do other members of your Clan assist?" He asked.

"Sometimes, but I get the job done just fine myself. I really do appreciate an extra hand however." She spoke sincerely.

Randir made a noise of interest and respect before looking to his left to see something odd...a Kitsune just...lying there in the rain outside someone's home, with a boy peering out of the window to it.

"Interesting....Nevada?"

"Hmm?" She said before looking where he was also looking. "Oh! A Kitsune? I love those!" She exclaimed.

"Shhh....just observe." He said quietly, she obliged.

"What brings a Kitsune to the city?" She asked him.

"I don't know......but, this is a rather interesting sight, I must say." He spoke with great interest.

Nevada watched with an equal amount of interest with Randir, noting that the boy owned a Piano. "Perhaps it heard the boy's Piano playing and came to listen?"

"No, the forests are too far for the sound to travel adequately. The Kitsune must have come here prior, during or shortly after the Hellhound attack." He noted, looking at the damp and curious Kitsune.

"Still....it is a sight to behold, even if simple. The boy welcomes the beast eagerly....no prejudice, no resentment....if only more were like that." He spoke somewhat mournfully.

"It's not so much of a problem with me. I'm a Hybrid by nature so it's pretty much impossible to sniff me out. Except for the Hellhounds, but I just kill them anyway." She said.

"As do I. I hate them with a passion....they have strength yet they have no Heart." He replied.

"That and I'm a very welcoming person to be around, people just look past my species when I mention it." She said with some happiness in her voice, yet she knew how hard it was for others and pitied them.

"You're not wrong there." Randir commented.

Nevada chuckled. "Glad you noticed." She said endearingly. She then took note of the time. "Well, I gotta go back to the Temple and rest. Even the longest night must end, or so they say." She told Randir.

"All right. You take care now. It was very nice to talk to you. Perhaps you'll introduce me to your clan sometime?"

"Certainly! My leader holds much respect for you." She replied. "See ya now!" She then sped off back into the Forest to her Temple.

"'Till we meet again!" He called to her.

"Hmm...perhaps I should take my leave now. The streets have settled down." He thought as he then decided to head home, walking past the main corporate building, looking up at the top floor with contempt. "Fools...." He muttered before turning and walking home, entering a rather nice house through the front door, closing it behind him. He took off his mask, allowing him to sigh fully and relaxingly.

The distortion no longer in effect, he spoke with a youthful voice, yet it wasn't childish. that was slightly deep. "Ahhhh....no place like home in the end." He said to himself before heading to his bedroom.

After the hellhounds disappeared, leaving the girls somewhat dumbfounded, Artemis couldn't help but stay in her beast form. Her eyes trailed over to the shredded backpack and pieces of clothing. well that's just great... She grumbled deep in her throat, forgetting about the Pyro until she cleared her throat.

"Um...doesn't that hurt?"

The panther looked up at the esper with silver eyes and followed her pointed finger to where blood seeped from multiple wounds, flesh hanging here and there. So that's the burning sensation. She growled in response and laid down, wishing the girl would leave now so she could think of a way in getting home without being spotted in her beast form or naked.

Vladimir couldn't help but glare at the beast in front of her. After she helped, the beast is just gonna lay there? "Well aren't you going to form back or whatever?" Once she said that, her eyes traveled to the ruined backpack. "Oh." Vladimir thought for a second before looking down at her baggy jeans and equally baggy hoodie. "You can have my hoodie? It's soaked through but it's better than nothing." The panther looked up, her eyes questioning, waiting. The pyro wasted no time in shrugging it off, leaving her in a red tank top. "Here you go." The beast stood, this time with more difficulty as she approached slowly forming back into a human. Soon after, her pale fingers held onto the hoodie and shrugged it on herself. "Thanks."

Vladimir only stared, fascinated at the girl before her. She never saw a beast transform before. "That was cool."

Artemis only glared with her night blue eyes and limped away, her wounds taking a little longer to heal.

"Hey wait!" The pyro didn't hesitate to follow after the werecat.

~Ty Everson~

Tyler let out a sigh of relief.

"I'm glad you're okay. I was worried things would've ended badly." He took a breathe before answering Silas' questions. "Yeah, I'm alright. It's kind of hard for someone like me to be where they don't want to be." Ty laughed as his own joke audibly. "See, it's funny, because I'm an Apperate, I can go anywhere I want, when I want. I can do it to other people and things too. It's a bit harder with objects, though. Objects don't feel like people do, so senses can't be in the question."

Tyler walked into his bedroom and lay on the bed, relaxing himself after the stressful day. Of course, it could've been worse. He could've gotten involved in the messy fight of Beast versus Hellhound, but he wasn't sure how that would have ended. He thought briefly of his production mate, Artemis. He wondered if she would like to go to his party tomorrow as well. After all, they'd worked together for years by now. He knew a lot about her, and vice versa. Of course, there were still plenty of secrets to be kept, on both sides. Tyler hadn't known much about her, as it turned out.

"But I'm rambling..." he continued. "You're okay, right? You're not hurt too badly, are you? I didn't stay around for the whole thing, but I did see you get hurt."

~Amelia Ashby~

At first, the Kitsune was afraid to be touched by the other creature- she had never met an Esper before, and coming into contact with one was a bit of a surprise. She backed up a little. When Amy felt the air flowing out from the room, however, she delightfully hopped into the Espers outstretched arms, and hoped for the best. What else could go wrong after a day like this?

Kitsune often confused many people due to their odd size. Most Kitsune don't grow larger until after hundreds of years. Amelia was only sixteen, so her size could easily be mistaken for a younger fox. She used this to her advantage, by making it seem as though she was too young to communicate. Amelia wasn't too into the mood of talking. In fact, she didn't want to say a word to the seemingly kind Esper. She simply yelped a little at it, and enjoyed the warmth of its skin.

Edited by Shard the Gentleman

Silas bit down on the bandage, cutting it before tucking it in and wrapping it tightly. "I'll live." Silas said, in response to the question. "Truthfully. I've had worse. I'm a beast, so I just have to leave them alone and I should heal rather quickly!" Silas said smiling happily. Though it hurt, he'd had much worse. One time part of his leg's skin was ripped off by a Hellhound when he was much younger, but it all grew back with time and medicine. "Hey, may I still be allowed to hang around with you tomorrow? I will be in my human form so you don't have to worry about having a wolf following you around." Silas said as he sat up, turning to his window and snapping the blinds shut. The last thing he wanted was to look at any Espers snooping around and looking for him. Either they left him alone or they would be running back home with a large bite mark on their @$$. "I know tonight the whole Hellhound thing has caused chaos, but tomorrow is a new day, so it should all be fine. Do you want to meet somewhere in specific around the city? Like at a park or at a cafe?" Silas asked as he dove back into the bed.

-Nevada Hasashi-

Nevada headed back into the Forest, for that was where the Temple resided. She slowed to a walking pace and kept on calmly.

"I can't believe I actually met Sub-Zero. The Grandmaster will love to hear about this." She thought as she walked.

She looked to her right, seeing another unusual sight this night: A Pyromancer chasing a girl wearing nothing but a hoodie, probably a beast just transformed.

"Uhhh.....well, that's enough sights for me to see this night." She said aloud in jest to herself, making herself heard to the odd pair before continuing on her journey.

"They were heading in the direction of the Temple...let's hope they're not seen as trespassers." She thought, concerned for their well-being.

She kept walking, noting the visible signs of battle growing more and more sparse as she neared the Temple, as the Hellhounds had stayed away from it. A wise choice, for their numbers and strength far outpaced their wit and power. Eventually, they faded entirely as she approached the gateway, entering and waving to the Guards and Sentinels who recognized her. The Door Guard however did stop her, but it was only routine.

"Hold." The Guard said, holding a hand in front of him to stop her, she obliged.

"Against dishonour and traitor's flight." The Guard uttered.

"I stand beside my clan to fight." Nevada replied.

"With dying breath I claw and bite." He replied.

"We shall not falter to Dark or Light." They both said. The Guard smiled. "Welcome home, Nevada." He warmly said as he let her pass.

She returned the smile as she walked on through, greeting a few of her friends as she headed to the Grandmaster's Throne Room. She entered the doors and ascended the long, up-ward stairs and walked to the throne in which he was sitting upon. He did not always take seat there, but he had nothing better to do currently.

She stopped in front of him, placed her right arm and fist across her chest and bowed in respect. "Grandmaster."

He smiled at her. "Dearest Hasashi. What have you for me on this night?" He asked.

"Well, this night has been rather interesting, I have to say. People actually took a stand against those hellish beasts." She told with pride.

"They did? Ahh...most excellent. This is a step in the right direction indeed. Was it only beasts or...?"

"Espers as well. Including the one we call Sub-Zero."

"Sub-Zero too? This is good tidings indeed, Nevada." He said with some relief in his voice.

"I also met him in person. And talked with him. He's a nice guy actually!" She replied.

"You spoke to him?" He said surprised, yet delighted. "A familiarity with the Cryomancer is another good step. He would be a valuable asset in our efforts, especially since we share the same end goal."

"My thoughts exactly, Grandmaster." She agreed.

"The next chance you get, bring him here. I am eager to meet this man, especially now with this recent development." He told her.

"You have my word. Frosty even requested it!"

"Ahh, he shares my eagerness." He said. He stood up from his throne and walked up to her. "On another note, have you been meditating?"

"I have been. Completed my latest session before the Hellhounds came. I can't let myself falter in that." She replied.

"Indeed you cannot. I was only making sure. Can't be too careful in these times." He spoke, with a slight hint of melancholy. 

"Anyway, if that is all, I suggest you take your rest. You need it." He advised.

"Ugh, no kidding. I didn't have time to stretch before the fight which thankfully didn't give me cramps, but didn't allow for the greatest of efficiency." She said, trying not to complain, but was disappointed in her over-rushing.

"You are still somewhat headstrong. But do not worry, Nevada. We all learn from our mistakes." He assured her. "Now, go to your bed. We shall all be sleeping soon."

"I can tell. It is somewhat quieter than when I left." She noted, stretching and yawning. "Well, a good night to you, Grandmaster!" She said as she left for her room.

"To you too, Nevada." He said before heading to his own chambers.

The remainder of the Clan headed to sleep too, the Guards would still keep up their shifts till the dawn. 

As Joel saw the fox back away, he stretched out his arms a bit more, smiling a bit more.

"Come on. Don't be shy! I don't bite.", he reassured the kitsune, assuming that it could understand him.

In all honesty, he has never seen a kitsune in person. Sure, he has studied them in him classes, but they can be very bias about some of the facts of a beast. As the fox hopped into Joel's arms, his stance staggered at bit since it was so sudden. What a quick one!

"Whoa!", Joel exclaimed, wrapping his arms around the vixen. He laughed a bit at its presumable springy nature. "Careful now!", he said, smiling and stroking its head. He closed the window with one hand and then lifted up the fox to get a better look at its face.

"Well, aren't you just a beautiful little fox?", he complimented. He eyes seemed to sparkle with amazement. He continued to observe the kitsune's features while heading over to his bed. He softly placed the fox on his bed, and he sat next to it. "I can tell you're a kitsune!", he said. "Can you speak?", he asked,. "If you can, what are you doing  here near the city?"

Caesar balled up his fists. It was a struggle. Murders, the Hellhounds, the riots, nothing was going well today. Not even as well as could be possible for this city. In frustration, he slammed the evidence cabinet shut, closed his file, and grabbed his trenchcoat from the coatrack. He was going to go out. Take a walk on the streets, keep an eye out for wounded or any back-alley crimes. He double-checked that his badge was affixed to his belt, his gun was in its holster, as well as his baton hanging from his waist. Excellent. He should be fine. After all, he was an Esper. Maybe an Esper with an extremely passive power, but one that was still incredibly helpful during combat. He promptly exited the police station, walking through the streets, keeping an eye out for trouble.

-Randir Mori-

As he stepped into his bedroom for a quick reprieve, it could be seen that aside from the documents and other such files littering his desk, his room was very tidy and well organized. He had a King sized bed, a small chair to sit on when playing his Video Games during the day, several video game consoles along with many games for the respective consoles, a sizeable Flat-Screen TV, Wardrobe and a few posters on his light-blue walls. He sat down at his desk, checking if there was anything else he may have needed to check up on before retiring for the night.

"Let's see here....closed...closed, cold....not enough time...." He thought as he rummaged through the various files he had made himself on many cases, some of which include the recent murders involving the...rather gruesome methods of killing. He then decided to look through his file on Lilith: Her Modus Operandi, her methods, her calling cards, her number of victims...that last one disturbed him the most, for it was indeed high. He just couldn't track her down adequately and when she runs, she REALLY runs. Randir never took chances around a potential innocent victim however, such as the boy he met earlier with her. One wrong move and she could have had him hostage or even killed....he dreaded the thought.

"Wait...." He remembered he had gotten a business card off of the boy that came from Lilith. He took it out of his pocket, read the name of her "company" and number and frowned. "I can't track numbers...nor can I really find the address of a fake business....but...maybe someone can...." He closed his eyes and thought....

"You should take this to Caesar Mors..." He remembered the boy say. "Detective Caesar Mors. Perhaps he can help me..." He said to himself. He has seen Caesar before for he would often wander the city, normally searching for clues or something that would otherwise aid him in his current predicaments. He figured he'd be having some serious difficulty with the recent murders like he was...perhaps if they joined forces, they could both figure such a thing out alongside the Lilith Murders. "Hmm...he's not a social person however...and most don't like him...unfortunate. He has such promise and yet, he is avoided like the plague. A respectable man he is however and for me, that is enough." With this, he donned his mask again and left his bedroom and exited out the front door, figuring he'd be wandering again. He just had to find him first. 

~Ty Everson~ 

"Well..." Tyler looked around his room, as if he was going to find his answer there. "We can meet at my place, since that's where it is. Wait, you don't know my address... How about we meet outside the Theatre in town? The new one, of course." Tyler put an arm behind his head. "Shouldn't be too hard, since we met a little ways from there."~Amelia Ashby~ The shy Kitsune wanted to keep herself quiet, but the kindliness from this Esper was one she hadn't experienced from anyone but her parents. She stood on all fours, and walked towards the pillowed area of the bed. "..." She stared at the boy. "I don't know." Amelia sighed, and dropped down again. "I want to find a new home. I can't go back from where I came." Well, she could, but her will to was diminished. If she returned, it would only be her in a completely empty house, with nothing but memories and gloom. She refused to return- at least, not until something had changed.

"I... my name is Ashby. Amelia, or Amy. My neighbors just called me Ashby, so you can too if you want."

Artemis growled, more animalistic than a human sound when the pyro continued to follow her. "What?"

Vladimir frowned,"I just want to make sure you're okay? Plus you have my hoodie so..." Vlad shrugged, unable to finish the sentence. They were already in the city but Artemis was taking shortcuts that managed to hide her from curious eyes but with the event that just occured...most of the streets were empty and quiet.

Artemis looked at the girl with pursed lips and sighed,"Thanks for the help. Just...come on." With a shake of her head, the beast continued to walk and soon, they arrived at her apartment. She figured if the pyro ever did anything wrong, Artemis could always hunt her down.

Since she was following her, the scent was obvious and would be stored in a cabinet in the back of her mind.

As Artemis opened the door and stepped through, so was Vlad but Artemis gave her another warning growl.

Vlad put her hands up and stayed before the threshold,"Alright. I'll wait here."

Arty nodded and slammed the door in her face but not long after, the beast opened it again already in clothes of her own and hanging the hoodie back to the pyromancer,"Here you go. You can go now."

"Sounds like a plan!" Silas said happily, clawing down at his own pillow as he rubbed against its softness. Oh bed, how good it felt compared to the leaves of the forest floor. "I'll meet you tomorrow there, then. Good night, Ty." Silas said with a small yawn. "If you get in trouble or need help, you can call me." Silas said before he hung up. He settled the phone down and then, much like a puppy, hid underneath the bedsheets with a few grunts and growls. He had made a friend, at least. One that hopefully won't kill him or sell him off to the police. That usually was the last thing he wanted to find from a friendly person. He closed his eyes and went to sleep. Tomorrow would be a long day, but an eventful one. Especially since it would be the day after the release of the hellhounds. Heavens knows what else will the government be throwing at them.

Joel let his eyes sort of trail the fox as she walked around. Honestly, he was fascinated that it could understand him in the first place. He also wondered if she had a human form. Hi scratched his cheek in curiosity as she managed to speak. 

"Oh... I see.", the sonokinetic responded. She had nowhere to go, huh? How unfortunate. Could she have been lonely? "Okay, Ashby. Well, I guess if you need a place to stay for a while, I-I can offer my small space. I-If you want, that is.", he nicely offered. "I don't like seeing anyone lost or lonely.", He said, smiling shyly. "Don't worry, this is a pretty diverse complex. A beast has a pretty high position here - our landlord.", he said. He cleared his throat. "O-Our landlord's a yeti."

~Ty Everson~

Ty hadn't even lasted 10 minutes after finishing the call with Silas. He had already passed out!

~Amelia Ashby~

Amelia didn't know what she should do. This was a complete stranger! Although he seemed kind now, he could change at any time, and she'd be the victim to his schemes! She waited a while before answering.

"I... I want to wait. I can't answer you yet. Give me a until Saturday morning- I can decide then for sure." Amelia was wide awake, as she had been sleeping when her parents had gone to town. For now, though, she wanted to dry off and wait until the rain stopped. Perhaps her usual activities would cheer her up afterwards.

"Is it alright if I wait in here until the rain stops?"

Edited by Shard the Gentleman

Before the pyro could protest, the door already slammed in front of her face. She frowned,"Nice to know you're good to go." Despite the fact that Vladimir was a little hurt by the act, she was glad to know that the beast was okay. At least for now. She knew she didn't mean anything to hurt her but trusting an Esper isn't easy for a Beast especially now. Vladimir understood that and so, she walked away while shrugging the hoodie back on. 

She sneezed as she stepped down the dusty staircase, the dampness of her wet clothes seeping through to her skin. She sniffed and hurried her pace, anxious to get home. No way I want to get sick...

Vladimir, feeling stupid, just now remembered her power as an Esper and didn't hesitate to use it as her skin began to give an odd glow not exactly visible unless stared at. She was instantly warmed up as her boots thudded against the cement of the sidewalk. After almost a half hour, Vladimir returned home which was a tiny studio but that was all well and good. Not like she lived with other people.

----

After handing the hoodie back to the girl, Artemis turned back around and focused on her apartment. Although it was night time, she had no problem seeing through the darkness with nocturnal sight. It was something she was fond of having. She crossed her arms and chewed on her lip, a habit she has when deep in thought. Without a word, the girl stepped down the step and headed to the bathroom, wanting to shower away the battle that ensued only hours before. She grimaced as her feet led her to the bathroom, her wounds still working on getting healed. Hellhound bites were not something to be taken lightly. 

Once she undressed, she faced away from the mirror to examine the torn flesh at her back and grimaced once more,"That doesn't look pretty..." She sighed and reached for the knob in the tub to turn on the water. Her phone rested atop the counter sink and she quickly plugged it into her speaker, instantly met with the lyrics of anger and sadness. Her lips twitched up in a sad smile and she stepped into the shower. 

Joel clasped his hands together as he listened to the vixen speak. He could tell she was a shy one, like him. 

"Hmm. Okay. I-I guess you can wait here.", he said. he stood up from the bed and headed over to the bathroom, leaving it's door open as he spoke to Ashby. "You know," Joel said as he stepped out of the bathroom. "There's a full moon this Friday, and I'm certain that you live in the woods.", he sat near her and gently started to dry her off with the towel. "The full moon is the night most beasts come out, so be careful in there. I personally have never gone far into the woods, but I've heard it.", he shivered. "Shouting, weird screaming, roars, howls, you name it."

He was finished drying her off, so he sighed and smiled at her again.

There. All dry. M-Mostly.", he said, patting her head. "I'm sure the rain will stop soon. So, I don't know about you, but I'm going to bed. It's kind of late.", he said. "If you need to get out, I'll leave the window open a bit so that you can squeeze out." Just then he walked to the window by his door and opened it up a bit. "I'm a light sleeper, so I'll close it as soon as you leave.", he looked back at her again with rosy cheeks and a smile. "Oh, and I never introduced myself. My name is Joel."

~Amelia Ashby~ Amelia was very grateful for the boys kindness. Her first experience with an esper was a good one. She hoped that everyone in this city was like this! She curled up on his bed, and yawned. "Thank you, Joel." At first, Amelia hadn't planned to sleep in with the boy, but eventually, she passed out. Why? She had been sleeping nearly all day. Perhaps it was adrenaline wearing off, or perhaps it was the comfy matress under her. Maybe, after todays events, sleeping is what she needed to do.

Joel nodded his head at the fox and proceeded to head over to the bed.

"You're more than welcome, Ash. Mind if I call you that?", he asked, still smiling. Joel didn't think a beast would be comfortable sleeping in his dorm. As soon as he turned the lights off, he went straight to his bed, and moved so he wouldn't disturb the sleeping fox. He snuggled in his blankets and tried to distance himself from Ashby as much as he could, as to not make it uncomfortable for her.

"Goodnight...", he muttered before heading off to sleep as the rain continued on until midnight. 

Despite the terrible storm, Silas slept like a log. He let out a low growl of satisfaction, stretching upwards before shaking his head, a nice bedhead forming. There's his hairstyle for the day. He changed his bandages to fresh ones, making sure to use aloe to speed up the healing even faster than it already was. He ate up some raw dear meat he had in the fridge. It tasted pretty good, but made sure to brush his bloody teeth afterwards to avoid scaring anyone. He wore a long sleeved white undershirt, a black t-shirt, pants and some boots. He got his necklace around and picked up his cellphone. He had Tyler to meet this morning. He stepped out, being greeted by his elderly neighbor who wore sun glasses. "Morning Silas!" She called. "Morning miss Medusa." "Hell of a storm last night, some posts fell and my garden is flooded. To top it off the Hellhounds were released!" "I know. Quite the evening. How did your blind date go, by the way?" "It was a literal blind date. He was blind. HE'S PERFECT." "I wish you good luck then." With that, Silas made his way to the theater, his boots splashing on puddles as the news of the day were the storm, the murders and the Hellhounds and their victims.

The bright light shining from both of the windows in Joel's dorm, causing the young man to slowly stir in the bed. He remembered that Ashby might still be in the bed with him, so he tried his best to move gently out of the bed, sitting on the edge of it. His vision was a bit blurry, so he couldn't tell if Ash was still there or not.

"Hmm... That was a nice dream...", he thought, stretching his arms. 

He stood up to walked over to his desk to check his phone. He saw on the news about the massive mess in the town, and that the university students are required to help clean up the plaza. Joel rolled his eyes and groaned softly. He really didn't want to do that again. He just wanted a good morning without conflict for once. One can dream.

So, he quickly took a shower, did his hair and dressed himself. He didn't really want to waste a moment as he got his jacket, checkered scarf and phone, and walked over to his desk again. He got a piece of paper and wrote down a note for anyone who might pass by his dorm.

The note said this.

Out in the plaza to help with cleanup.

Will probably return this afternoon.

~Joel.

With that, he took the note and headed out his door. Once out, he slipped the note halfway into his door on the floor, then ran off towards the plaza.

Meanwhile, while cleanup was happening, the prison near the main government building stood still, silent, and cold. However, it was less of a prison and more of a torture chamber. Inside of its cells were numerous beasts, beaten and bruised. Walking down the hall of the cells was that same high official from the top floor, looking on at the beasts with his mocking chuckle as other higher powers followed,

"Hm-mm.~ Oh, look at you all. How pathetic. This is what you deserve, every last one of you.", he mocked.

A beast raised their voice from behind the official, threatening them.

"You guys won't get away with this...", they said with a weak and raspy voice. The official turned to the beast with a grin, slowly approaching them.

"Is that so?~", the official whispered, grabbing the beast's chin roughly, giving them an insane grin. "Will you learn your lesson?~ Will you all be good for us?~ If you do that, you won't have to perish.~", he cooed.

"Shut up!", the beast shouted, trying to pull away from the higher official's inhuman grip.

"Oh, silly...", the shadowy official cooed yet again, gripping the beast's chin even more painfully. "Keep up that attitude, and we might just have to put you down...~"

After Alan and Lilith had secured their house for the night, they went to sleep in the only bed that they owned. 

Lilith and Alan had known each other for a long time however Lilith denies that they are in a relationship, as she has commitment problems. She's a scubbus for goodness sake. 

She had ALREADY received a call this morning, requesting for a time tonight. 

As soon as she finished talking to the costumer, she slammed the phone down.

"I AM SO SICK AND TIRED OF THIS FREAKING JOB!" she yelled across the house. 

That was probably enough to wake Alan up.