Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
heartblades

What's your weirdest fear?

You know, the things that make people say "That? Seriously?

Mine is butterflies and moths. It's more of a phobia than anything. I know they're harmless, I know they'll do nothing to me. But I start shaking uncontrollably when one is near. I'll do anything to get away, even if I put myself in danger to do so. My family thinks it's really funny, and will do things to put me in situations where I'll be trapped with them :

I'm also terrified of disembodied heads floating. Like when a friend calls you from around a corner, but they only stick their head out so you can't see their shoulders or anything? It especially freaks me out if I didn't hear them call, so I turn around and they're staring at me, just floating there. Euuuuughhhh.

Celine Deon music store standees. (100 points if anyone knows what I'm referencing.)

I know where that's from but I can't remember it's like either a show or a movie it's from-Total Drama Island LOL Yes I love that show. Duncan forever. It was the episode they had to deal with their fears.As for my weird fears, I have a pretty bad fear of crickets... They freak me out omg. They just jump everywhere. I also have a fear of sleeping with the door open, or sitting with my back facing the door. It's more of I guess somewhat an OCD than fear. I'm just like scared someone's just gonna come up on me. Maybe it's because I'm paranoid or something.I also have a fear of looking out the window at night. I feel like something's gonna pop out. Another dark related fear I have is like walking in the hallway in the dark. I always go to the next room and turn on the light before I turn off the light in the room I was just in. I hate leaving the shades open too. Everyone in my neighborhood does and you can see right into their house. You can see what show they're watching and everything. Another fear I have is elevators. I'm not claustrophobic or anything, I just hate when it makes noises, and when I'm about to walk out I always feel like the elevator is going to drop on me.Actually the weirdest fear I have might be of going on escalators with my hands full... Since I was little when I'm about to walk on an escalator and I'm carrying a whole bunch a stuff, I always hesitate and I get a little scared because I feel like I'm gonna fall. I have a lot of weird fears LOL. It's partially because I'm very paranoid when it comes to certain stuff.

When I was a kid, I had an irrational fear of being startled. If it was a heavy thunderstorm, I would try to stay in the basement. If it was a party and one room had a bunch of balloons in it, I'd try to get as far away from that room as possible before any of the balloons popped. I would even sit in movie theaters with my fingers jammed in my ears so that I wouldn't get jump-scared.

Now here's the funny part: I've gotten over this fear almost entirely, with one exception: Balloons. I didn't even realize this until last year, when we went to a friends' dorm room and they had a bunch of balloons in their room, and I internally became panicky and automatically flinched when my buddy tried to hand me one. This was the first time I even had to deal with being in an enclosed space with balloons in years, if memory serves, so it was a bit of a shock to me when I realized I was still afraid of them. I can sit through horror movies, I can sleep through thunderstorms, but balloons freak me out.

Long story short, I'm almost a twenty-one year old man, and I have a fear of balloons. How's that for a weird fear?

Edited by Jim

Mine is the sound of Thunder

Posted Image

Thats pretty much me under the desk everytime when there is a thunderstorm

.....and spiders....I don't fear all spiders - its mainly the big and hairy spiders

Posted Image

Silverfish, earwigs and their sort. Basically any insect that wiggles around.

I can handle pretty much everything else, but if I see one of those little things in my room, my entire body freezes up and the only thought in my head is "kill it now, kill it fast." And I know they're harmless and maybe even useful, but I'd rather see all of them squished.

I can handle pretty much everything else, but if I see one of those little things in my room, my entire body freezes up and the only thought in my head is "kill it now, kill it fast." And I know they're harmless and maybe even useful, but I'd rather see all of them squished.

Me too, I hate insects! But I just can't stand killing them because seeing them squished on the floor makes me feel sick enough to go and vomit everything I ate... That gives me goosebumps  : 

Then Independence Day must have been hell for you. xDI can't stand anything going near my neck. I don't know why.Peace!

anything going near your neck or around your neck?

How do you fare with wearing ties or necklaces?

anything going near your neck or around your neck? How do you fare with wearing ties or necklaces?

That's different. I don't know, it's hard to explain. >.<Peace!

Not exactly a fear, but more of a phobia of sorts? The presence of bees/wasps/blood sucking bastards and their buzzing as well. It sometimes makes my skin crawl. With mosquitoes, I hunt them down till all are dead before I go back to sleep, but with bees and wasps...

"pls dun go near me..."

*buzzing near the ear*

*fast walks away*

As for my weird fears, I have a pretty bad fear of crickets... They freak me out omg. 

I've actually had very little experience with crickets, but when my dad had a house in a more suburban area and I went to visit, he had a cricket problem in the basement apparently. Every time he opened the door to the basement, they would just... jump out at him and you could hear him screaming angrily from all the way upstairs omg

When I was a kid, I had an irrational fear of being startled. If it was a heavy thunderstorm, I would try to stay in the basement. If it was a party and one room had a bunch of balloons in it, I'd try to get as far away from that room as possible before any of the balloons popped. I would even sit in movie theaters with my fingers jammed in my ears so that I wouldn't get jump-scared.

Now here's the funny part: I've gotten over this fear almost entirely, with one exception: Balloons. I didn't even realize this until last year, when we went to a friends' dorm room and they had a bunch of balloons in their room, and I internally became panicky and automatically flinched when my buddy tried to hand me one. This was the first time I even had to deal with being in an enclosed space with balloons in years, if memory serves, so it was a bit of a shock to me when I realized I was still afraid of them. I can sit through horror movies, I can sleep through thunderstorms, but balloons freak me out.

Long story short, I'm almost a twenty-one year old man, and I have a fear of balloons. How's that for a weird fear?

I was like that as a kid, too! I still find myself wincing when watching movies. I still can't watch horror movies without jamming my fingers in my ears. I can take the visuals but I guess it's a need to lessen how much it'll affect me. But I still have a thing with balloons. Just the other day my niece was playing with them - she's 2 - and everytime she hugged them, my breath hitched

:O I actually have never seen either of those before! I just looked them up. Eugh. Gross looking D: