Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

In KH1 I really enjoyed the Trinity marks and all the other little puzzles, and extra things like the shrinking potion in Wonderland that made me feel invested as part of the world by giving me multiple ways to get around, and it also required backtracking.  I'm just wondering if anyone else would like to see a return of this.

In KH1 I really enjoyed the Trinity marks and all the other little puzzles, and extra things like the shrinking potion in Wonderland that made me feel invested as part of the world by giving me multiple ways to get around, and it also required backtracking.  I'm just wondering if anyone else would like to see a return of this.

B-b-but, but bringing back Trinity Marks would ruin my headcanon that Mickey left them to teach Donald and Goofy (mostly Donald) to work with the key bearer! How about the puppies instead?

B-b-but, but bringing back Trinity Marks would ruin my headcanon that Mickey left them to teach Donald and Goofy (mostly Donald) to work with the key bearer! How about the puppies instead?

I'm really just wanting a return of backtracking and puzzles. As for the Dalmatians we already gathered them all up in the first game so if they were going to do something like that again I would go with a few of the experiments from Lilo and Stitch. I wouldn't go with all of them because well there's alot

I'm really just wanting a return of backtracking and puzzles. As for the Dalmatians we already gathered them all up in the first game so if they were going to do something like that again I would go with a few of the experiments from Lilo and Stitch. I wouldn't go with all of them because well there's alot

Yeah, experiments would be good, I'd just don't want to see Trinity Marks so my headcanon is preserved. I still wish there had been a green Drive Form to match Trinity Ladder. People say it's because green is a secondary color but that's only for physical pigments. When it comes to the visible spectrum green is primary. But that's beside the point.

Trinity Marks could either return or stay done forever, it doesn't really matter that much to me. I think that little things like portals in 3D have kind of taken their place though. Puzzles haven't really gone away, the Dalmatians have acted as the puzzle/scavenger hunt of the first game, then KH2FM introduced the collectible crowns which served as puzzle pieces, then Birth by Sleep brought back the crowns in the form of stickers, and various costume pieces could be found in Re:Coded to customize your Avatar either through wifi scratch and win cards or through data dungeons. Heck, even the Dream Eater system in 3D could be considered a combination of the puzzle, board game, and ability customization features. Puzzles have been sort of evolving and changing with each game. So either KH3 will revert to an older model of puzzle solving or it will create yet another new interpretation of the concept, which it probably will. And there's been plenty of other reasons and methods for backtracking throughout every game, so I wouldn't say that it's a problem the games have had lately.

As for the Wonderland thing, um, that was just a unique feature of the place as a world. It's not like it's been a one-hit wonder, there have been lots of worlds in each of the games that had different physics mechanics that helped you get more invested in the world you're playing in. KH1 had Wonderland's shrinking, Atlantica's swimming, and Neverland's flying; KH2 had Pride Land's animal physics, Atlantica's swimming...and singing I guess, and the cartoony aesthetics of Timeless River; Days brought back the flying of Neverland with more open areas to really capitalize on it; Birth by Sleep had shrinking in Castle of Dreams, Deep Space had gravity manipulation, and overall larger areas in each world, particularly in Neverland; Re:Coded put more of an emphasis on the whole debugging idea than it's original form did, and each world had it's own unique Keyhole gimmick to them, the most popular being Olympus Coliseum's turn-based system; and Dream Drop Distance brought in Reality Shifts unique to each world, water physics in Prankster's Paradise that doesn't involve swimming, and just all sorts of world specific gimmicks that are especially prevalent in The Grid, Symphony of Sorcery, and The World That Never Was. And while X is being whatever it wants to be in terms of unique situations, it still has shrinking parts for Wonderland, so no worries there. Unique world properties aren't something that have gone away for a long time, they change with each new game and each new world, and KH3 will likely bring in many such properties depending on the world line up they have. Some of these concerns you have I don't really think are a problem, as they have been addressed one way or another.

Although I will say that the idea of collecting/finding all 626 Experiments in KH3 might be a good idea. And considering how KH3 is supposed to be a big game, I don't think having all 626 of them in there would be such a problem. 99 puppies in KH3 would be child's play by this point.

Edited by Hero of Light XIV

Oh, I definitely loved searching for the Trinity Marks in the first Kingdom Hearts, as it provided a sense of adventure and discovery and a sense of satisfaction every time I'd find one!  In terms of the Kingdom Hearts games, the more content there is to discover, the better!  I'll be game for anything that Kingdom Hearts III brings!  I, like many other people in this site, am very much liking the idea of collecting the 626 experiments!  That'd be quite the scavenger hunt right there! :D

Edited by The Transcendent Key

Although I will say that the idea of collecting/finding all 626 Experiments in KH3 might be a good idea. And considering how KH3 is supposed to be a big game, I don't think having all 626 of them in there would be such a problem. 99 puppies in KH3 would be child's play by this point.

Only reason I was saying maybe not all of them is because I was actually thinking of maybe having encounters.  Now there are a few that aren't that interesting that I would be fine with just being in their capsule forms mostly the lower numbered experiments like experiment  017 who is just designed to take lids off containers, but not all lower numbered experiments are dull such as experiment 027 which can turn people into toys which could be useful.

Only reason I was saying maybe not all of them is because I was actually thinking of maybe having encounters.  Now there are a few that aren't that interesting that I would be fine with just being in their capsule forms mostly the lower numbered experiments like experiment  017 who is just designed to take lids off containers, but not all lower numbered experiments are dull such as experiment 027 which can turn people into toys which could be useful.

Well maybe some can be full-scale encounters like Sparky from Deep Space, while others like what you described could be just simply standard field encounters like the 99 puppies were. Either way the possibilities are limitless.

Speaking of which, I wonder why Disney hasn't tried doing something like that with Disney Infinity yet. They could just release a new experiment with each new wave or kit that comes out, that would make for an interesting mechanic.

Posted Image

Yes, tell me more. "I love the thrill of a good puzzle."

Rock on!

I'd love for trinity marks to return and whoever said the Lilo and Stitch experiments as findables instead of the dalmations has a great idea, I'd love to see that. :D