Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
atheist123

Final Fantasy Creator teaming up with Bravely Default devs for new game

I lost interest in Bravely Default after hearing about the ridiculous amount of padding it ended up adding in to lengthen the game, but if Mistwalker's involved in this too, I'll have to keep an eye on it. I've only played a little bit of one of their games (The Last Story), but I really enjoyed what I played of it.

I lost interest in Bravely Default after hearing about the ridiculous amount of padding it ended up adding in to lengthen the game, but if Mistwalker's involved in this too, I'll have to keep an eye on it. I've only played a little bit of one of their games (The Last Story), but I really enjoyed what I played of it.

Bravely Default was pretty good despite the padding. The world reset itself about 4 times but each time you fought different versions of the bosses and they became more sympathetic each time. The way it dealt with the character development of the villains was really great and made the game repeating itself more bearable.

Bravely Default was pretty good despite the padding. The world reset itself about 4 times but each time you fought different versions of the bosses and they became more sympathetic each time. The way it dealt with the character development of the villains was really great and made the game repeating itself more bearable.

I liked the demo, but I can't bring myself to want to play a game with as much lazy padding as Bravely Default had. I'm sure that the mechanics are solid, but the idea of repeating the same exact chapter 4 times turns me away from the game completely.

I liked the demo, but I can't bring myself to want to play a game with as much lazy padding as Bravely Default had. I'm sure that the mechanics are solid, but the idea of repeating the same exact chapter 4 times turns me away from the game completely.

It's not "the exact same". Each chapter gave you different fights (combinations of previous bosses) and different cutscenes and there were some hidden dungeons that don't unlock automatically. Some people really hated it because they skipped the optional fights but for me they were really cool. I get not liking it, but I found it a more fun way to grind than just beating weak monsters with no story elements.

It's not "the exact same". Each chapter gave you different fights (combinations of previous bosses) and different cutscenes and there were some hidden dungeons that don't unlock automatically. Some people really hated it because they skipped the optional fights but for me they were really cool. I get not liking it, but I found it a more fun way to grind than just beating weak monsters with no story elements.

Different boss fights and cutscenes aren't enough to justify it for me. Going through the same places four times in a row is just a really lazy excuse to pad out the game and make it longer, even if they try to make changes to the story. It's cool if other people can look past it, but I don't see anything that would really make it worth it for me.

Different boss fights and cutscenes aren't enough to justify it for me. Going through the same places four times in a row is just a really lazy excuse to pad out the game and make it longer, even if they try to make changes to the story. It's cool if other people can look past it, but I don't see anything that would really make it worth it for me.

Yeah, I understand. It definitely was lazy but I got engrossed in the story and I didn't spoil myself (like you obviously did). If you're not someone who can become engrossed in a story then I get why you wouldn't enjoy Bravely Default. The foreshadowing and mystery elements in the second and subsequent playthroughs hooked me.