Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

Just a general inquiry here,

But is anyone else into the Disgaea series like I am?

I've loved all of them, although I still have yet to play the newest one (Disagea 5).

RPGs and JRPGs have always been my forte for as long as I can remember.

Anyway, my favorite that I've played is probably the fourth title in the series, 'A Promise Unforgotten'.

There were also two fun spin-off games as well, dealing with the "Prinny" characters, which are basically these penguins that are slaves and minions in the underworld. 

There are also manga, lots of merchandise, novelizations, and an anime as well based on the series. It's definitely up there for me in my favorites.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bh1cdWOK9DA

I've only played Disgaea 2, but it was one of the most fun JRPGs I'd ever played at the time. I had problems with the difficulty, but that's just because I suck at strategy games. Eventually I want to try the newer titles.

Edited by Prower Power

i want to enjoy those games but when i tried the demo for the 4th one i couldn't really get into it

Fair enough. 

Different strokes for different folks, eh?

Understandable though, completely.

Tried to get one friend into it years ago, and he wasn't too huge either on the whole thing.

I think it was that he didn't want to have to log so many hours in the game to get far, haha.

I've only played Disgaea 2, but it was one of the most fun JRPGs I'd ever played at the time. I had problems with the difficulty, but that's just because I suck strategy games. Eventually I want to try the newer titles.

Second one was awesome. 

I would highly suggest playing 4, and even 3 if you wanted at some point.

I still need to snag a copy for myself of the newest one, but I've heard great things.

Dood! I like, totally love the series, dood. It's really cool, and I have 2, and the collection! Which has 3, 4, and D2. Which is really cool, dood! Can you guess what my favorite monster is, dood?

That Little Prinny. Although I do like some of disgaea series, but I prefer the spin-off called Trinity Universe or something.

I've played a bit of the third Disgaea, and it was pretty good.  I really enjoyed the gameplay and found the difficulty level refreshing in contrast to some very simplistic strategy games.  The storyline was a little bizarre in my opinion, though hilarious all the same.  A good game overall.