Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Jingilator

How would Xion work in KH3? (Besides a cameo)

For those of you who are saying bringing Xion back will lessen the impact of her death, I disagree whole heartedly. The thing is Xion's death made no significant impact on the overall narrative, other then awakening Roxas' latent ability to dual wield. Her entire existence ended up being inconsequential, seeing as her entire existence and memory was erased from everyone who knew her. Xion is not like Terra, Ventus, and Aqua; all their tragedies impacted the overall story. All she really ended up accomplishing is pushing Roxas closer to Sora and his own demise. It's just another person whose pain Sora has to end.You don't need a citation when it's stated in game.

What are you talking about? He said that Nomura said everything could grow a heart. That was never stated in any game....

Whose to say Namine can't? She's the nobody of a Keyblade Wielder, just like Roxas is. It's just, at the time of her creation Kairi didn't have access to her Keybade yet so neither did Namine.

Now Kairi has the time to train for the upcoming conflict, Namine hasn't.

It was stated by AtW in 3D durign his conversation with Riku inside Sora's heart.

For those of you who are saying bringing Xion back will lessen the impact of her death, I disagree whole heartedly. The thing is Xion's death made no significant impact on the overall narrative, other then awakening Roxas' latent ability to dual wield. Her entire existence ended up being inconsequential, seeing as her entire existence and memory was erased from everyone who knew her. Xion is not like Terra, Ventus, and Aqua; all their tragedies impacted the overall story. All she really ended up accomplishing is pushing Roxas closer to Sora and his own demise. It's just another person whose pain Sora has to end.You don't need a citation when it's stated in game.

That statement is so non-literal.

(4:40)

Edited by Shinobi Palace

What are you talking about? He said that Nomura said everything could grow a heart. That was never stated in any game....

That was literally the whole point of Data Ansem's conversation with Riku at the end of DDD. They even specifically implied Xion "The heartless puppet".

Now Kairi has the time to train for the upcoming conflict, Namine hasn't.

True, but Namine wouldn't be fighting Xehanort, just Heartless and Nobodies, and Kairi was capable of that much as soon as she got hers, as was Sora. It takes no special training to defeat those kinds of enemies, or even a Keyblade, just a proper weapon, although only Keyblades can make sure they stay defeated.

That was literally the whole point of Data Ansem's conversation with Riku at the end of DDD. They even specifically implied Xion "The heartless puppet".

How was it stated in game? He never once said all things could grow hearts.

t was never 'stated', it was implied and meant to be a figure of speech. Your telling me a paopu fruit has a heart? And his statement doesn't change my belief that Xion's revival would be pointless. So there's no use in defending your point since it's not going to change much.

Edited by Shinobi Palace

She will come back which will make her death completely redundant and un-emotional.

Ehm no. It just brings her and Roxas' story to a satisfying end. Her whole existence in Days would be pointless if she doesn't come back. No one remembers her, so what? This can't be the end of her story.I always expected for her to come back and I wouldn't call it fan service, because it is planned from the beginning.

How was it stated in game? He never once said all things could grow hearts.

t was never 'stated', it was implied and meant to be a figure of speech. Your telling me a paopu fruit has a heart? And his statement doesn't change my belief that Xion's revival would be pointless. So there's no use in defending your point since it's not going to change much.

Sorry, I only linked you to the creator of the game telling us that everything can grow a heart but if you don't want to believe then be my guest.

That statement is so non-literal.

(4:40)

According to Nomura, it was quite literal. As was stated in the interview that nioX linked to you Nomura had AtW say that to make it clear that all things can grow hearts. Hell, we've known fropm the first game that worlds themselves have hearts. So if world have hearts then why not elements of those worlds like the trees and grass? In Kingdom Hearts, Every living thing has a heart, just as every livign thing has a sould in some Japanese belief systems.

http://kh13.com/videos/3d/eng-cut/171-ansem-the-wises-legacy/

http://kh13.com/forum/topic/34430-spoilers-kingdom-hearts-3d-ultimania-nomura-interviews-completely-translated/ there it is.

And also it's not fanservice, it's more redemption; Blank Points shows that. When it shows the characters all saying "Sora" all those characters are waiting for Sora to save them, it's kinda like symbolically showing that their sacrifices have not been made in vain and that they will be redeemed, I wouldn't really call it fanservice for ANY of the characters who need to be reconnected.

I made an account to reply to this, Xion most likely grew her own heart as memories shape the heart as does exposure to the natural world, other people, and light.

It was confirmed by Nomura in the DDD ultimania that EVERYTHING can grow a heart and as I just said Xion probably had one or was growing a heart. Also, if Xion becomes her own person I don't think she will need to sap Sora's memories/Roxas' power anymore considering the fact the she has a heart of her own. Oh and here's the quote from Nomura; — It was declared from Ansem the Wise’s own mouth that everything can grow a heart.

Nomura: Yes it was, I thought I’d leave it clear in this title. 

Edited by Isamu_Kuno

Ehm no. It just brings her and Roxas' story to a satisfying end. Her whole existence in Days would be pointless if she doesn't come back. No one remembers her, so what? This can't be the end of her story.I always expected for her to come back and I wouldn't call it fan service, because it is planned from the beginning.

My thoughts exactly, like I said in my earlier post; not fanservice, but redemption. Her sacrifice wont go in vain and her re-uniting with Roxas and Lea will be some much needed closure. Even if they don't play a big role in the future KH games who's to say that they shouldn't be re-united when S/R/K and most likely T/A/V will be re-united. They're friends and they proved their existence/right to be their own person. If they have their own hearts then why should they be trapped in the shadow of another complete person?

According to Nomura, it was quite literal. As was stated in the interview that nioX linked to you Nomura had AtW say that to make it clear that all things can grow hearts. Hell, we've known fropm the first game that worlds themselves have hearts. So if world have hearts then why not elements of those worlds like the trees and grass? In Kingdom Hearts, Every living thing has a heart, just as every livign thing has a sould in some Japanese belief systems.http://kh13.com/videos/3d/eng-cut/171-ansem-the-wises-legacy/http://kh13.com/forum/topic/34430-spoilers-kingdom-hearts-3d-ultimania-nomura-interviews-completely-translated/

— It was declared from Ansem the Wise’s own mouth that everything can grow a heart.

Nomura: Yes it was, I thought I’d leave it clear in this title.

Sorry, I only linked you to the creator of the game telling us that everything can grow a heart but if you don't want to believe then be my guest.

FINALLY! A citation, sorry^ but I can't trust anyone unless they have citations sadly. It's there now, so I take my statement back lol.

Not all stories have to have a satisfying ending. That's what death is there for. So characters are killed off and given emotional weight. If they bring her back, then what was the point in killing her in the first place? 

And it kind of is fan service because this wasn't planned from the beginning, that would imply he planned this when KH1 was just coming out, which he didn't because he intended KH1 to be a one hit wonder and not have a series of sequels behind it.

Not all stories have to have a satisfying ending. That's what death is there for. So characters are killed off and given emotional weight. If they bring her back, then what was the point in killing her in the first place? 

And it kind of is fan service because this wasn't planned from the beginning, that would imply he planned this when KH1 was just coming out, which he didn't because he intended KH1 to be a one hit wonder and not have a series of sequels behind it.

What was the point to introduce a character like Xion if she has basically no influence to the overall story?

I can understand if someone says there is no point in bringing Eraqus back because he had a vital role in the story and he has no relevance in the future. But Xion's existence is useless so far, so she needs to come back in order to fulfill her role in the story.

Xion's comeback has been teased since the secret ending of BbS, which released just 1 year after Days.

"that would imply he planned this when KH1 was just coming out,"

I'm pretty sure he mean't since Days.

What was the point to introduce a character like Xion if she has basically no influence to the overall story?

I can understand if someone says there is no point in bringing Eraqus back because he had a vital role in the story and he has no relevance in the future. But Xion's existence is useless so far, so she needs to come back in order to fulfill her role in the story.

Xion's comeback has been teased since the secret ending of BbS, which released just 1 year after Days.

I'm not against what you're saying or anything like that but you could argue that Xion influenced Roxas to desert the organization and ultimately return to Sora.

I think that without her Roxas could have been a vessel, Riku wouldn't have been able to retrieve him if he didn't leave. Without that final fight and her telling him to free kingdom hearts he wouldn't have left, she left a very heavy emotional impact on him.

FINALLY! A citation, sorry^ but I can't trust anyone unless they have citations sadly. It's there now, so I take my statement back lol.

How was it stated in game? He never once said all things could grow hearts.t was never 'stated', it was implied and meant to be a figure of speech. Your telling me a paopu fruit has a heart? And his statement doesn't change my belief that Xion's revival would be pointless. So there's no use in defending your point since it's not going to change much.

It pretty direct. He literally lists off different things and says all of them are capable of having hearts. The world's have hearts, the Nobodies had hearts, even data was capable of growing hearts. So yes anything can grow a heart.

How dare this game franchise use fan service to appeal to their fans to sell their games to make money! Disgusting.

Naw I'm just playing though, I realize the complaint is directed towards the impact on the narrative and is therefore legitimate ^^. For me personally, seeing as how Kingdom Hearts in concept is more or less a fairy tale I really don't mind a fairy tale ending. Xion's overall death had little impact on the story other than being well... tragic to the player. In my opinion I see no real problems with bringing her back. Fan service or not the emotional impact was there on Roxas at the time and it makes little difference now considering he's incapable of remembering her. It probably serves as a source of satisfaction or clarity to the player if they were to rescue Xion because in the end the players were the only real thing impacted by her death. So it helps make /you/ feel like a hero. 

But alas that's just my opinion //*finger guns* 

According to Nomura, it was quite literal. As was stated in the interview that nioX linked to you Nomura had AtW say that to make it clear that all things can grow hearts. Hell, we've known fropm the first game that worlds themselves have hearts. So if world have hearts then why not elements of those worlds like the trees and grass? In Kingdom Hearts, Every living thing has a heart, just as every livign thing has a sould in some Japanese belief systems.http://kh13.com/videos/3d/eng-cut/171-ansem-the-wises-legacy/http://kh13.com/forum/topic/34430-spoilers-kingdom-hearts-3d-ultimania-nomura-interviews-completely-translated/— It was declared from Ansem the Wise’s own mouth that everything can grow a heart. Nomura: Yes it was, I thought I’d leave it clear in this title.

Thanks for finding that lol.

Thanks for finding that lol.

Didn't I post that first? :(((

Exactly. I only reposted because no one was noticing.i woudl have quoted you but I wasn't sure it'd work because it was on a diff page. ai ll go fict that now. i know it works with editing.

Edited by Isamu_Kuno

I'm not against what you're saying or anything like that but you could argue that Xion influenced Roxas to desert the organization and ultimately return to Sora.

I think that without her Roxas could have been a vessel, Riku wouldn't have been able to retrieve him if he didn't leave. Without that final fight and her telling him to free kingdom hearts he wouldn't have left, she left a very heavy emotional impact on him.

You're right but these events could easily happen without the presence of Xion.

Everyone forgot about her and now it's like she never existed... until she returns.

You're right but these events could easily happen without the presence of Xion.

Everyone forgot about her and now it's like she never existed... until she returns.

But don't you think that she was the influence in Roxas deserting the organization? How would have Roxas have left the organization without her telling him to not let Xemnas have his way and free kingdom hearts. Xion questioning her own existence led to Roxas questioning his own, but without her questioning her existence why would Roxas have questioned his own without any thing to really spark the question?

I don't know want her back, that will epitomise how fan servicey the franchise has become. Let's just bring everyone back even though we made such a big fuss about them dying. Makes days really pointless.

Implying Axel's return wasn't the first hint of said fanservice?