Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

But in order to really kill someone in the KH universe then how can they do it with the keyblade?

Cuz when a keyblade stabs a person it releases their heart never killing them so if they defeated Xehanort using the keyblade then he'll become a heartless and his body would become a nobody again and the cycle goes on

It might be a powerful weapon capable of unlocking the hearts of men but the keyblade cannot kill and at best if you didn't become a heartless your heart goes to Kingdom Hearts waiting for an eventual resurrection

Not necessarily. A Keyblade would only release a heart if the wielder chooses to and must be a Master. To quote Xehanort Report No. 9:

"We Keyblade Masters have a special gift. We can extract a heart, be it our own or that of another."

Seeing as the Keyblade can slice skyscrapers, it's safe to assume that a Keyblade can kill someone by cutting/stabbing/whatever.

Not necessarily. A Keyblade would only release a heart if the wielder chooses to and must be a Master. To quote Xehanort Report No. 9:

"We Keyblade Masters have a special gift. We can extract a heart, be it our own or that of another."

Seeing as the Keyblade can slice skyscrapers, it's safe to assume that a Keyblade can kill someone by cutting/stabbing/whatever.

kinda unrelated but  I also remember that Xehanort report No.7 said the X-blade can only be formed by one heart of light and another of darkness.........which was bullshit as we found out later

What's stopping them from making it so that the keyblade cannot kill?

As far as I know you need a keyblade to release hearts from the heartless as any other weapon won't be able to do so and it's safe to assume that regardless of the status of master that you'd be able to release someone's heart

The Master status is nothing but an approval process otherwise how was the very first keyblade wielder in existence was able to use it if there was no master to give him the title

The way I see it is that the master status is something given to you by the keyblade not by necessarily another master

But in order to really kill someone in the KH universe then how can they do it with the keyblade?

Cuz when a keyblade stabs a person it releases their heart never killing them so if they defeated Xehanort using the keyblade then he'll become a heartless and his body would become a nobody again and the cycle goes on

It might be a powerful weapon capable of unlocking the hearts of men but the keyblade cannot kill and at best if you didn't become a heartless your heart goes to Kingdom Hearts waiting for an eventual resurrection

Everything you are asking will all be explained in Kingdom Hearts 3, so I don't know why your asking me, it could either be a specific Keyblade or they just couldn't do it with Xehanort

kinda unrelated but  I also remember that Xehanort report No.7 said the X-blade can only be formed by one heart of light and another of darkness.........which was bullshit as we found out later

As far as I know you need a keyblade to release hearts from the heartless as any other weapon won't be able to do so and it's safe to assume that regardless of the status of master that you'd be able to release someone's heart

The Master status is nothing but an approval process otherwise how was the very first keyblade wielder in existence was able to use it if there was no master to give him the title

The way I see it is that the master status is something given to you by the keyblade not by necessarily another master

Yes, a Keyblade releases a heart from  a Heartless for good, otherwise, the hearts would just turn back into Heartless... but why are you bringing this up? Why did you bring up the X-Blade?

You were asking if the Keyblade could kill and said that if someone stabs someone with a Keyblade they release a heart, to which I corrected with the Xehanort Report.

Everything you are asking will all be explained in Kingdom Hearts 3, so I don't know why your asking me, it could either be a specific Keyblade or they just couldn't do it with Xehanort

Will KH3 actually explain everything?

That's the biggest question here cuz I'm not confident they'll do so and if they did I hope it's not in a half-assed manner

Yes, a Keyblade releases a heart from  a Heartless for good, otherwise, the hearts would just turn back into Heartless... but why are you bringing this up? Why did you bring up the X-Blade?

You were asking if the Keyblade could kill and said that if someone stabs someone with a Keyblade they release a heart, to which I corrected with the Xehanort Report.

I brought the X-Blade example because Xehanort reports aren't entirely accurate

in BBS Xehanort said the X-blade can only be formed by one heart of pure light and another one of pure darkness

That turned out to be bullshit as in DDD we knew it's 7 hearts of light and 13 of darkness

It's easy to assume that whoever told them that only a master can do it were lying out of their ass and it's not farfetched that the older masters before them were hiding a lot of details from their pupils just to keep them in check from discovering what they're not supposed to know...............which Xehanort did with all his experiments + the book of prophecies 

The reports from Xehanort are mostly thesies of his research that he proved some of but didn't prove the other

Actually  we don't know every single one of the keyblade's powers it might even be possible for them to release souls, in fact Vanitas I believe was actually going to kill Aqua until Ventus stepped in. The first keyblade wielder would have been someone who had the X-Blade, as the keyblade's are artificial versions of that Keyblade. Also I think the only reason why Xehanort said that he needed was heart of light and one of darkness, was because he had no better plan, and it seemed like the most practical for him, as well as it being a special Kingdom Hearts that shows up

That's the biggest question here cuz I'm not confident they'll do so and if they did I hope it's not in a half-assed manner

in BBS Xehanort said the X-blade can only be formed by one heart of pure light and another one of pure darkness

That turned out to be bullshit as in DDD we knew it's 7 hearts of light and 13 of darkness

It's easy to assume that whoever told them that only a master can do it were lying out of their ass and it's not farfetched that the older masters before them were hiding a lot of details from their pupils just to keep them in check from discovering what they're not supposed to know...............which Xehanort did with all his experiments + the book of prophecies 

The reports from Xehanort are mostly thesies of his research that he proved some of but didn't prove the other

You are making quite an amount of assumptions with that comment. Yes, DDD retconned how the X-Blade is forged, but that doesn't mean we can suddenly ignore everything else from Xehanort's Reports.

We almost know nothing about Xehanort and Eraqus' Master, so again, it's not easy to assume much or anything about him. How do we know if he kept secrets/details from them? If he did, why?

"We Keyblade Masters have a special gift. We can extract a heart, be it our own or that of another." This quote isn't really a thesis or an experiment, it's fact. The reports are made for the player to have an understanding of things, including the Ansem reports from Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2. We even learn in Birth By Sleep that Terra wasn't the one who took Aurora's heart but was in fact Xehanort.

Yes, we later find out that the forging of the χ-Blade is retconned in DDD, but that doesn't mean that everything in Xehanort's Reports or false or will also be retconned as well.

And one final note, we can see that a Keyblade can kill because Vanitas was gonna kill Aqua in the Keyblade Graveyard with his Keyblade.

Edited by Master Eraqus

It's also not entirely true to say that it's not the case that only Masters can release hearts, as it has only been masters that have done so, the X-Blade issue is a lot different, and we didn't actually know this, the 7 lights were to summon Kingdom Hearts