Jump to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

KH13 · for Kingdom Hearts

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Queen Tery

Verified Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Queen Tery

  1. My grades get posted December 17th but the wait is still killing me
  2. This semester was rough lol Still awaiting my final grades. I know I got an 89.3 in Java, so I'm pretty much in that position where I'm sweating it out waiting to find out if my professor is going to round up to an A or not.... Pre-Calculus is a definite B and I'm waiting to find out what my grade in English 101 is. How about everyone else? As of now, I'm on break til January 19th.
  3. Half way through the semester on my end. How about everyone else? I have an A in Java and a B in Pre-Calculus according to my mid term grades. English hasn't been posted yet. I made deans list for last semester and my Phi Theta Kappa honor society induction is one week from today.
  4. I was actually wondering if he may return in this chapter, not necessarily because of the evidence you provided, but that does make it seem even more possible.
  5. Lucky you; I have my 1st Java test this Wednesday, 2nd Java quiz tomorrow, 2nd Pre-Calculus quiz in a week and 1st Pre-Calculus test the day after that lol
  6. Study hard, you can do it!
  7. I mostly just have one notebook for Pre-Calculus, but I start my English class on Wednesday so I may use one for that class as well.
  8. Hey, as long as you can handle it, you'll definitely come out of that major successful
  9. Dayum you have a full schedule What's your major? Kinda looks like some kinda business degree?
  10. We've talked about similar topics. I learned about binary code, bytes, ASCII, how computers, printers, and memory storage devices were in the 80s, and more recently we've actually started on learning things about the Java Language.
  11. Is this your first Computer Science class? Also, what is the name of your class? I have my first computer science class this semester, Java Programming. I find it very interesting and so far I think it's my favorite class
  12. I had a speech class last semester and I didn't enjoy it We had to do a few small speeches and 4 major speeches. First was demonstrative and I demonstrated how to build a tower out of bendy straws, because I learned how to build one in my engineering class the previous semester. Second was informative and I did mine on the field of pharmacy, because I work in pharmacy. Third was persuasive and I did mine about wearing your seatbelt, which i was inspired to do because I was in a car wreck like a week or two before. Fourth was a group speech and our group did ours on travelling and we talked about the places we've each been to. So my advice is, take inspiration from your life. Inspiration from other classes, work, friends, life, etc. That pretty much sums up my classes I find it enjoyable, because the syllabus aspect gives you a heads up and allows you to possibly work ahead and stay ahead of the game. Turning in assignments online can be a good/bad thing. Like if your computer screws up the day before and you haven't turned it in, you might need to scramble to figure out a way to get it in, but it's also easier for the professor to not lose your work that way lol I just got invited to join the international honor society, Phi Theta Kappa!!!!!
  13. Yeah, become a senior as quick as possible
  14. Researching right now. I don't know much about colleges in other countries
  15. What's sixth form?
  16. Could you maybe look into buying a used copy off of someone who took the class in the previous semester? If you go on facebook a lot of schools' students will create facebook pages for students and on my school's page, the students post books to sell to each other. If you can get it cheaper from a previous student I'd imagine you'd also get the manual with the book as well.
  17. They're not a new school, they've been around since the 1800s lol I didn't really think of them as a small school either, we kept being surprised thinking we had seen the whole campus and then something new would pop up. They're not a very high ranked computer science school and they're an average ranked school in general. Most of the people I've spoken to seem to say similar things. My mom's fiance thinks I'm smart enough that where I get my education isn't so much important as to what I do with it once I have it and that this is probably the better choice for my family, especially if I'm happier at that campus. One of my pharmacists thinks that if it means getting done quicker then Millersville is the obvious choice. On the other hand my pharmacy manager thinks that with how well known Penn State is, that Penn State is the far better choice. Overall, I think I'm getting a little more advice saying Millersville is the choice and I'd have to say that my gut instinct kinda agrees lol I think I'm leaning toward Millersville. I definitely plan on getting my masters. Whether I get one in business or software is more the question lol Everyone keeps saying where I get my masters is far more important there where I get my bachelors so idk. Definitely understand that feeling lol Being young with a kid and wife and trying to get through school on a low income has definitely made me feel stressed out and like my youth is gone. But here's the thing, you've been there a week, you have plenty of time to make friends later. Honestly, skipping a grade and getting started sooner, can be a positive thing. It's all about perspective. By getting started sooner, you have an opportunity to get started on your young adult life and make friends that you actually have the freedom to hang out with them. In high school you're bound by that set schedule. College, you make your own. Just try to relax and focus on getting focused Once you have that, then worry about the social aspect. Thing is, you're still young and as you get further along in college and even after college, you'll have more time and money to invest in friends and your youth. Going to the movies, traveling, going out to eat, video games(expeeeeennnnssssiiiiiive), etc. is a lot easier when you have a financially stable job.
  18. So I have a dilemma. I currently go to community college, HACC. At the end of my time at HACC I had initially planned to go to Penn State in Harrisburg. They're a pretty well known school and I don't think I'd have much trouble finding a job afterwards. Plus I hope to go to Carnegie Mellon University for my masters degree one day and Penn State would look pretty good imo. So the other day my family and I went up to check out the campus and it was pretty nice, but a little dull, probably partially to do with the summer and hardly anyone being there. Then today we went to this other school called Millersville University and I absolutely loved it there. I thought the campus looked great and I started thinking about wanting to go there. I looked into it and by transferring there, I may be able to finish my degree a year sooner(not sure yet, have to clarify with my advisor) and would ultimately save $25,000 in tuition as opposed to going to Penn State. But the problem is Millersville is not a very well known school. Getting into Carnegie later would be even more impossible than it already was to begin with lol Plus Penn State is ranked farrrrrr better as a computer school than Millersville is. Which I figured a solution to that is to get my bachelors at Millersville then maybe my Masters at Penn State but like I said, Carnegie may be more than impossible by that route. Anyone have any suggestions? Millersville: Penn State: Cheaper tuition More well known among other colleges and employers Nicer campus Possibly higher paying job or easier time finding a job Finish my degree a year sooner(possibly) May make getting into Carnegie possible
  19. I used my summer to try and get certified as a pharmacy technician. I took the exam last week and was told that I passed but that it was "unofficial" and I should know my official score soon. I start back to classes on the 24th and decided on doing 3 classes instead of 4. Java Programming, Pre-Calculus, and English 101. Right now I have too much going on to feel confident in taking that 4th class. I put in a job application to a hospital pharmacy in which if I get the job, I will be working seven 10 hour overnight shifts in a row then getting 7 days off, guaranteed every week. Which the 7 days straight is already going to be rough, but the possibility of added pay and a week off every other week is a great benefit.
  20. I know this isn't exactly about college but I think it could be a useful tip for many of you who are now breaking into adult life. If any of you have a credit card or are thinking about getting one, or maybe even haven't thought about getting one, this applies to you. In order to build a good credit score so that you can get an apartment, eventually get a loan on a car or a mortgage on a house, you have to use a credit card. There are many options out there, especially online, you just have to be careful you don't get scammed by going onto a fake website or something. Anyway, a lot of credit cards have benefits where you get cash back on purchases you make. Credit cards for beginners usually have a small 1 percent back deal. So say you buy something that's 100 bucks and then you pay it off at the end of the month you get a dollar back. Not a lot I know, but it adds up. And that's where the tip comes in. If you put your regular monthly bills on the card that you ALREADY have the money for, such as gas, vehicle insurance, groceries, etc you will not only build your credit score but also get the cash back thus saving money. Then at the end of the month when the bill comes you just pay it off like you would've had you not had the credit card in the first place. That way you don't get interest on it. They recommend you don't spend more than 30 percent of your credit limit. So if you get a credit card with a 300 dollar limit and then spend $100 each month of bills you already have anyway, you can get a dollar back each month. As your credit limit goes up and you can put more of your monthly bills on there, you'll get more back. Some credit cards even have 3 percent back on gas or 6 percent back on groceries. Let's say you only get 2 dollars back each month, in a year you have over 20 bucks just sitting on your card that you would've spent. It may sound a bit tedious for so little but when you're out of college and your credit limit's higher and your bills are higher, it wouldn't be that difficult to end up with around 25 bucks back at the end of the month in cash back on a 1 percent back credit card. Plus you're building and maintaining a good credit score that way. If you get into the habit now, you'll have an easier time later!~
  21. I've been to both, but really only remember Disney World. My dad was in the military and I was born in California where he was stationed at the time so they took me but I was a toddler so I can't remember anything other than puking on my aunt after a dizzy ride lol I went to Disney World in 8th grade and spent almost a week there with my mom, her ex-boyfriend, his son, my brother, and my grandparents. It was definitely a great place and I hope to take my son one day.
  22. So your dick is bigger than you are...?
  23. I absolutely love my PS4. Just don't have many games that are currently out that I want. Though I am looking forward to Uncharted 4, Kingdom Hearts 3, Final Fantasy 15, and Assassin's Creed Syndicate.
  24. I just looked it up and I guess in terms of the number of students, University of Central Florida is the largest in the US with approximately 51,000 students
  25. Carnegie Mellon University is a private school and Harvard University.

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Scroll to the top