Sign in to follow this  
Fullmetal Keyblade

Studio Ghibli in KH

Given that Disney has a good relationship with Studio Ghibli (they are the distributors of the Studio's films internationally,) and that Square Enix has a past in working with the Studio, it doesn't seem so far-fetched to see in the future a inclusion of a Studio Ghibli world(s) in KH. I really believe they would fit in well into the franchise and it would be a good opportunity for Studio Ghibli to see their beautiful films represented in a different medium with care and attention to detail.

I honestly don't know why it was never really considered, or if it had at one point why it would be turned down. It looks at least for the moment a exciting potential prospect for the future. KH as a franchise has really grown recently so it  seems like all of Disney, Square and Studio Ghibli would benefit. Please let me know what you think and which worlds or characters from Ghibli would be good inclusions! :lol:

Disney WERE the English distribution company, but they lost the rights to GKids. Nonetheless, I STILL hold on to hope that one day, Ghibli ANYTHING (ESPECIALLY Spirited Away) will be in KH.

Disney WERE the English distribution company, but they lost the rights to GKids. Nonetheless, I STILL hold on to hope that one day, Ghibli ANYTHING (ESPECIALLY Spirited Away) will be in KH.

Wait they lost the rights? How did I not know this?

I don't know much of Studio Ghibli, but I do know that they are beloved worldwide, and if Disney still had the rights to the international dubbing of the films, there could have been a chance for said properties to make it into Kingdom Hearts! But sadly, for now, at least, it's not a possibility, ya know?