Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
KH13

KH General Chat

Lmao, you guys are living proof about the "damned if you do, damned if you don't" saying. I roll my eyes every time I see someone claim Disney is homophobic when it's exclusively because Republican politicians are holding a gun to their head.

Like... Literally

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/business/business-news/florida-lawmakers-pass-bill-aimed-at-eliminating-disneys-special-district-1235132889/

That, as was just proven, speaking out against bs conservative politics tends to cause major hits to their bottom line.

And then, when they actually do speak out, and face the consequences, people like you still shit-talk them.

Don't get me wrong. I absolutely want them to speak out for LGBTQ rights, but I also like to remain somewhat realistic about it.

They're a company who does business in an extremely conservative state. What exactly do people expect?

Now I don't know much about the whole Disney thing since I haven't looked too deep into it but it seems like another case of big company = (insert prefix)phobic that people just jump onto the band wagon because they saw something about it on twitter

Of course I'm sure it varies from company to company but still

Yea, anyways. I don't intend to continue this conversation. It's getting off-topic. I just had to speak up because the conversation was getting a bit ridiculous, and a little too accusatory for my taste.

Am I wrong because I acknowledge that a business is a business? And that there is a limit to how much activism they can be expected to engage in.

And I'm saying that as someone who is genderqueer, lmao