Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
David Buchwald

KHUX Is Proud Mode worth it? (average player)

Hello community,

I am an average player who has been playing a lot more recently due to being quarantined.  I am fully caught up on the story, which is the main reason why I play.  I am a free-to-play player, but still believe I have a decent set-up as I only spend my jewels when I absolutely need to.  Thanks to some amazingly great youtube videos I found, I now much better understand buffs, overwrite, SN, etc more complicated parts of the game, and have become a better player.  Anyway, while I wait for more story updates, been playing around with some of the events, coliseum, etc.  Now I'm wondering, should I play proud mode?  Is it worth it?  Honestly, the only thing that seems appealing to me is getting the keyblades that you can only get through proud mode.  I feel like owning these keyblades could be helpful for harder events, coliseum, etc, and even for the main story, as those quests are only getting harder.  Still, I cringe at the thought of going through all 800 or 900 quests or whatever again, I really do. yuck!  Especially with all those annoying filler quests.  I started and am on like quest 80 or something. It's not challenging at all obviously so it's really just tedious more than anything.  Anyway, wanted to ask the question.  If this community thinks getting those keyblades is worth it, I might just suffer through it.  Thanks for the advice!

I'm somewhat in the same boat as you. Just got back into the game due to having a bit more free time, and playing catch up in terms of getting better medals and upgrades to pass all the current content. I'm also currently going through proud mode for the keyblades too. xD

It's definitely tedious, but I do think it's worth it to get the additional keyblades, and the materials (dark matter and electrum ore) to upgrade those keyblades, like you said they could come in handy for more difficult quests.  

Yes, I think you're right!  Suffer through it for the keyblades.  Looking into this further, I think the keyblades will be worth it for the more challenging events.  On the bright side, should be a breeze getting through these early proud mode quests. Not a challenge at all when using newer medals!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tu-K02aqXU&list=WL&index=40&t=0s

Honestly this quick two minute video explained to me so much why I was only doing "1" damage.  The game doesn't explain how the buffs /debuffs work well enough in my opinion, and the whole concept of raising your attack higher than your opponent's defense in order to do any real damage.  After this video it all clicked for me.

I also watched this video:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dsjl94IE2Z4

That one helped me understand overwrite medals, which I think is extremely useful.  Other than that, started paying more attention to the little icons and became much more aware of what was happening during battles.  For example, I have several newer medals with Supernova attacks that add to all your medals' overall attack for 1 turn.  I found that if I first buffed attack and defense, I could then stack several of those supernovas to gain a crazy amount of extra attack power and do incredible damage.  

Still couldn't beat Aced, but I was finally able to at least do damage, and that was a huge step for me.  Another example would be the last current boss we can play for story mode. Before I educated myself, it took me several continues to beat.  After educating myself, was able to beat it in one turn!  

I am finding the proud mode keyblades will be worth it.  I currently only have the Sleeping Lion one, but can already see that my Sleeping Lion that has barely been upgraded is just as powerful as my Lady Luck which has been upgraded to a high level.  So I'm sure these keyblades will prove to be excellent once able to upgrade them to a higher level.   

The real problem with UX is the powercreep of the medals and the challenges. I think proud mode, especially for the older missions, can be worth it, but if you're an average player it might be worth tapping out once you feel you've hit a ceiling. It's not worth spending money here

Thanks for the input! Yea, I haven't spent a dime on this game, and I don't plan to.  I really hate the powercreep.  I really wish they would just stop coming out with new medals, because it's getting to the point where it's just absurd.  For now I'm just sticking with the quests I can handle.  If it wasn't for story mode I probably wouldn't even play at all lol.

Yea, for now it's still tedious but basically just on auto-pilot and going as fast as I can. Got into the habit of just clicking optimize for medals and essentially rushing through it. Right now it's all one hit kills anyway. I'm sure the actual challenging quests won't come until much later. But I think you get all the keyblades before then anyway.

On 4/24/2020 at 6:17 PM, Deathscythe said:

I found proud mode pretty doable until around mission 850 ish. Basically it makes it so you have to clear all the objectives at the same time and it makes it a big chore.

Agreed, I find it irritating. What was once a fun challenge has turned into a cumbersome chore. I haven’t even bothered to clear the most recent Proud Mode quests. 

This is a separate subject all together. Maybe it belongs in a different thread, but since we are talking about KHUx ... in terms of the story ... does anybody know why some people say the player's story takes place in the sleeping realm?  To me it makes more sense this is all happening in a data world (like the journal in coded, or a better example would be the twilight town created for Roxas). Especially now in the story the characters keep referring to it as data world, including daybreak town and all the Disney worlds.  It's been a while since I've researched, so maybe this has gone away, but for a time I remember reading this all took place in the sleeping realm and the player was "asleep." To me it makes more sense that the player isn't sleeping at all but just living in this data world.  And the player sometimes sleeps within this data world, and that's when the dreams of what really happened come back, and the visions of the keyblade war, etc. The Chirithys are there to help control these dreams so the player doesn't remember. Am I on the right track?  Thanks for any help in clearing this up. 

Also, if I could please ask that in any responses please avoid any spoilers for the current story past what's currently available to us in global version.  I go out of my way to avoid spoilers from the Japanese version because I actually enjoy being surprised with the story. I am all caught up though in the global version as of the update that I think came out on April 30th.

Thanks all!

Is proud mode worth it? I'm a player who just got into the game 3 months ago. Now I'm one of the top 3000 of my union. I had to grind through Proud Mode to get keyblades and those keyblades are the real goal of Proud Mode. You'll at least need them to do better in PVP mode.