Posted July 1, 20206 yr This is a special chat topic! This means that posts can be shorter and more casual here. Posts here are linked with and will on our Discord server.Join our Discord server here: https://www.kh13.com/discord/Or click here if you've already joined: https://discordapp.com/channels/179158453640495104/727986952909095003
October 15, 20223 yr I mean I get what you mean- I mean have you see what happens when I say anything about say Marvel or something? Like 4 dudes jump on me lolThen good guy Cole has to come in and, since I'm in the minority, I'm the one that gets told to stop
October 15, 20223 yr I'm just gonna ask a yes or no question, do you like Marvel?Cause I don't know if you do or not haha
October 15, 20223 yr in bayo 2, the main character says around 2300 words, i'll add 200 moans/grunts for battles and shit> Experienced video game voice actors will receive $200 to $350 an hour or $50 to $200 per 100 words for their video game voice acting work.if she was paid 4000$ for bayo 2for example*that would means she made 1.6$ per WORDso almost the highest paywhich is 2idk how many words she would need to say in bayo 3 but here it was, my 2 cents
October 15, 20223 yr This is not taking into account the cut linesPlus prep workPlus practiceThere’s more that goes into voice acting then just making sounds
October 15, 20223 yr they ask you to say that line, that way, you're paid once it's donei don't know, im assuming
October 15, 20223 yr Imagine if you worked for an office but your code didn’t get used so no payment for you even though you spent hours into it
October 15, 20223 yr Hm. If that really is high pay, then VAs do need better pay. Seeing as how long games are in production, you could make more doing low-tier jobs in the same amount of time it takes to VA a protagonist.
October 15, 20223 yr You should get payed for the work you doNot the work that gets usedSo cut lines, you should still get payed for
October 15, 20223 yr also pretty sure voices are done really quick compared to the total game development time
October 15, 20223 yr You should get paid for your time, they can determine royalties, residuals, and bonuses after they decide what to keep.
October 15, 20223 yr So just looking at the words spoken and her payment is not considering all the work and effort that goes into itMost lines have to be recorded at least 5 times with slight differences so the director can choose which one fits best
October 15, 20223 yr Not really. They can just fire you and have you blacklisted from the industry if you grow a reputation of not doing the job properly
This is a special chat topic! This means that posts can be shorter and more casual here. Posts here are linked with and will on our Discord server.
Join our Discord server here: https://www.kh13.com/discord/
Or click here if you've already joined: https://discordapp.com/channels/179158453640495104/727986952909095003