KH3D Will Riku or Sora fail the mark?

Will either of the duo fail?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Will either of the duo fail?

• None of them will pass.
    • Only Sora will pass.
    • Only Riku will pass.
    • They will both pass.

They'll both pass. As AzureFlame said, 3D is only the first part, so the shocking ending will have to be something else we haven't thought of.

yeah, like mabe the mysterios figure from KH1 comes back and finally reveals himself and dose something to riku but then again is it even possible for him to come back cause I asumed the figure was really ansem SOD and so far he supposedly gone. of corse theres always possibilty of him coming back (which eventually I think he will). but now that im thinking about it im startig to think the shocking ending could have something to do with MX and riku because when terra met riku the 1st time terra saw another person (which most likely was MX when he was younger) then he saw riku when he was older. also MX told terra in the "blank points" cutsene " however know this, you are just one of many roads that I might choose to take, trust me I made curtain of that" and MX could have possibly known about riku and use him as backup in case things dont go according to plan.

yeah, like mabe the mysterios figure from KH1 comes back and finally reveals himself and dose something to riku but then again is it even possible for him to come back cause I asumed the figure was really ansem SOD and so far he supposedly gone. of corse theres always possibilty of him coming back (which eventually I think he will). but now that im thinking about it im startig to think the shocking ending could have something to do with MX and riku because when terra met riku the 1st time terra saw another person (which most likely was MX when he was younger) then he saw riku when he was older. also MX told terra in the "blank points" cutsene " however know this, you are just one of many roads that I might choose to take, trust me I made curtain of that" and MX could have possibly known about riku and use him as backup in case things dont go according to plan.

If you're referring to the secret enemy in KH1FM, that's Xemnas. If you're referring to the guy that Sora sees in the secret cave at DI, that's Ansem SoD before he posesses Riku. You see him again in Hollow Bastion, actually possessing Riku.

As for the second part about Riku, I don't think it'll happen, as it already happened in KH1, and Re:Coded. Of course, what MX could have been referring to is what would happen in KH1 when Riku was first possessed. But Riku is strong enough now to resist it, as shown in the end of CoM Reverse/Rebirth and throughout KH2.

If you're referring to the secret enemy in KH1FM, that's Xemnas. If you're referring to the guy that Sora sees in the secret cave at DI, that's Ansem SoD before he posesses Riku. You see him again in Hollow Bastion, actually possessing Riku.

As for the second part about Riku, I don't think it'll happen, as it already happened in KH1, and Re:Coded. Of course, what MX could have been referring to is what would happen in KH1 when Riku was first possessed. But Riku is strong enough now to resist it, as shown in the end of CoM Reverse/Rebirth and throughout KH2.

so mabe instead of Ansem SOD trying to control riku again, this time it MX himself only except he'ed be in terra's body and he then could swich vessals with riku and kicks terra out. the reason for this could be because he sences a stronger darkness in riku then he did in terra (dispite of how strong riku is against the darkness) but guess for this to happend riku would have to have failed the MoM exam.

Guys, if either Sora or Riku fail than how do you expect them to defeat Ansem/Xehanort/Xemnas/Whoever the hell he's supposed to be?

Well, I don't think that is a problem since the Mark seems to be more of a formality. But working on the idea that it is more than that, it is likely that the story will reemphasize the power of friendship.

i think riku will pass & sora will fail. i just have a feeling. but of course, i could be dead wrong lol but i agree with J. Severe when he quoted Nomura.. "riku will fly. sora will fall."

i can see riku passing because even tho he does have darkness in him, he uses it for good. sora represses it too much. i think that could be his downfall.

He didn't say 'will' he said 'that'

That one word changes the sentence completely. Sora that alls, Riku that flies suddenly sounds like an action, not a plot point. Keep in mind Sora is constantly falling through the DDD trailer.

Where is the original Japanese phrase Nomura used? If anyone knows I would like to look at it.

I really want Sora to, not only fail, but fall into darkness. I'm just sadistic like that. I also think that if Sora were to fall, it would involve Vanitas somehow since he has been living inside Sora for 10+ years. And who doesn't want to see Vanitas return xD

So what if one of them fails? It doesn't mean Yen Sid will say, "Since you have failed, you can never become a master and we will not accept any of your help. Goodbye." I'm sure they could take the mark of mastery again in the next game if they need to.

Where is the original Japanese phrase Nomura used? If anyone knows I would like to look at it.

I really want Sora to, not only fail, but fall into darkness. I'm just sadistic like that. I also think that if Sora were to fall, it would involve Vanitas somehow since he has been living inside Sora for 10+ years. And who doesn't want to see Vanitas return xD

So what if one of them fails? It doesn't mean Yen Sid will say, "Since you have failed, you can never become a master and we will not accept any of your help. Goodbye." I'm sure they could take the mark of mastery again in the next game if they need to.

Vanitas hasn't been living in Sora. Ven destroyed him at the end of BBS.

Vanitas hasn't been living in Sora. Ven destroyed him at the end of BBS.

Magic retcon. A small fragment of Vanitas lingered when Ventus when he fused with Sora when Ventus did. Ventus seperates when Sora rescues him from his hurt, and suddenly Vanitas.

It's not hard to make some sort of excuse with a series like KH.

Like the above said (though the phrasing was hard to understand), Ventus never destroyed Vanitas. Vanitas rejoined with his heart making it whole again. But his heart was still damaged so he slept within Sora.

If Nomura wants to bring back Vanitas, he'll think of a way to pull it off. I'm just a wishful thinker ^^

Like the above said (though the phrasing was hard to understand), Ventus never destroyed Vanitas. Vanitas rejoined with his heart making it whole again. But his heart was still damaged so he slept within Sora.

If Nomura wants to bring back Vanitas, he'll think of a way to pull it off. I'm just a wishful thinker ^^

Vanitas was canonically destroyed. He didn't rejoin Ventus (That's why he had to hide in Sora's heart)

Vanitas was canonically destroyed. He didn't rejoin Ventus (That's why he had to hide in Sora's heart)

Actually, there is always the "What? but I defeated you!" type of thing when bad guys come back from the dead./headshot

Actually, there is always the "What? but I defeated you!" type of thing when bad guys come back from the dead./headshot

Oh yeah, I know that. It can be easily retconned. But as if, Vanitas was 'destroyed'.

If Vanitas is in Sora's heart, that would work too. I don't really care if Ventus destroyed him or rejoined him as long as Vanitas still exists xD Right now, it's probably just speculating and we won't know for sure until the story is wrapped up. However, I really can't imagine Vanitas being created just for BBS. He'll be back, I'm sure (and I'll be screaming like a fangirl when he does >.>....).

If Vanitas is in Sora's heart, that would work too. I don't really care if Ventus destroyed him or rejoined him as long as Vanitas still exists xD Right now, it's probably just speculating and we won't know for sure until the story is wrapped up. However, I really can't imagine Vanitas being created just for BBS. He'll be back, I'm sure (and I'll be screaming like a fangirl when he does >.>....).

And we still need a Sora and Vanitas meeting scene.

As much as I like both, I think Sora will fail and Riku will pass, but it kind of makes sence with J.Severe's idea of 'a Riku that will fly and a Sora that will fall' from Nomura's quoteinterview answer. Yes, Riku has darkness inside him BUT he overcame it during the last games, plus agrees with Azure Flame cause Master Eraqus who thought darkness was evil but even saw that he himself had some inside him.

we all know riku is better than sora ha!! take that sora fanboys

I think both will pass, and you'll be able to play 2 campaigns of Sora and Riku respectively. Over Sora's he will come to terms with his full potential, how Ven and Roxas lend him strength and so forth.

Riku will instead realise that he works best with Sora, after their incredibly long rivalry and finally put any kind of arrogance aside, allowing him to become a new kind of entity... someone who has a powerful control of the darkness (yet will never turn evil).

At the end of either campaign you will have to fight the opposite testee... just like in bbs, only this will be the first opportunity to fight against Sora.

Both will pass, you end the game, and then unlock Kairi as a playable character :P

I think both will pass, and you'll be able to play 2 campaigns of Sora and Riku respectively. Over Sora's he will come to terms with his full potential, how Ven and Roxas lend him strength and so forth.

Riku will instead realise that he works best with Sora, after their incredibly long rivalry and finally put any kind of arrogance aside, allowing him to become a new kind of entity... someone who has a powerful control of the darkness (yet will never turn evil).

At the end of either campaign you will have to fight the opposite testee... just like in bbs, only this will be the first opportunity to fight against Sora.

Both will pass, you end the game, and then unlock Kairi as a playable character :P

Actually it's been confirmed that you'll switch between them during the course of the game, so it's not two seperate stories like BBS.

Actually it's been confirmed that you'll switch between them during the course of the game, so it's not two seperate stories like BBS.

Ahh that's cool thanks for the heads up. I wonder if there will be a co-op multiplayer in this one too?