Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

Ruby said Crow is an instructor at Signal.I doubt he's gonna up and die.Plus, the white'cloaked person in the opening was female. Otherwise monty would have made a more male figure instead of j ust copying Ruby over and recoloring her.

I couldn't tell, honestly, but OK.

You never know.

True.

Okay, I've been watching the trailers over again and I have a couple thoughts and questions.  Let's see if anyone has any answers to them.

1. When do these trailers actually happen?  At first I thought they all happened before the first episode of RWBY, but going back to it, it wouldn't make sense for all of them to happen before RWBY.

• "Red" Trailer shows a much more different Ruby.  She seems more mature and battle capable than what the first episode showed us.  Also, she did not get hurt once, which could imply that she has had proper training more than what was shown in episode 1.  Not to mention, why would she be in the middle of the forest and why was she in front of a stone with a rose?
  • "White" Trailer shows the origin on Weiss' scar, but when she sings, it seems to be somewhere in the future.  She performs in front of a crowd, I think and Red Like Roses tells us that she will be put to a royal test, is this the royal test?  If so, does that mean it has yet to happen or did it happen already?
  • "Black" Trailer is really confusing.  She is with her teacher, Adam.  Is he a personal teacher or a teacher in Beacon.  If he's a personal teacher, I would be inclined to say her trailer happened before RWBY episode 1, because as I said earlier in one of my posts, I believe Blake was going to Beacon in this trailer and she couldn't take Adam because he might be part creature of grim.  Now if he IS a Beacon teacher, I can see this happening in the future, where they are doing a mission or perhaps they left the academy.
  • "Yellow" Trailer.  Yang looks for someone and it seems to be her mission, but when was she given this mission?  Was it during her time in a different school, maybe the same as Ruby in Signal or during Beacon when her sister had yet to join it?  She is also pretty skilled enough by herself to take out a whole club, (like Goldilock going into the bear's house, not to mention there's a bear hatted person in her trailer) and defeat this Junior person.  Also, Ruby appears at the end, maybe showing that they are all looking for a girl for their mission and their team has been formed here.

2. I'd also like to point out the different moons shown in all the trailers.  Are these small cues telling us that the trailers happened in different times or were they just artistic choices?  I honestly think it would be the former, why you ask?

• Ruby's trailer shows a full moon.
  • Weiss' trailer shows a moon with a small part "bitten" out on the right.
  • Blake's trailer shows a little more shattered moon.
  • Yang's trailer has the most broken moon.
  • Also, two moons in Yang's Trailer.  What can this mean?Posted Image

What exactly is that telling us?

3. Weiss' trailer really shows how lonely she is.  Goes back to the whole time issue, but refer to number 1 for that.  How lonely is she?  Well there are many things that she only did in her trailer that no one else did for theirs.

• She is the only person in the whole trailer, besides one enemy.  The crowd she performs to is sort of blacked out, so you can't really even tell if that is a crowd or not.
  • Her enemy is the only one to disappear not in rose petals, but ice?  some sort of dust?
  • She is the only one to use a dust/non-gun weapon.
  • She is the only one to "sing" in her trailer.
  • Her song.

4. Brings me to this question.  Is Monty Oum pulling a Nomura on us?  Are the trailers even canon to begin with or were they just promotional nonsense?

• Many things about the trailers don't match up with the story.
  • Weiss' scar is the only thing I can pick up so far to have happened somewhere in the timeline and surely say it happened before.

5. Analyzing the opening.  In the beginning of the "Red" Trailer, Ruby kneels before a grave?  or at least a stone with a rose on it.  In the opening, it is shown that someone, wearing a hoodie-cloak-cape is floating in front of her, but wearing white.  Could this person be Weiss?  I know you can't assume just because she is wearing white, but there are also other evidence.  In Weiss' trailer, her enemy disappears in ice or something not petals, as I said before.  In the opening the mysterious person's cape flows in the wind also producing the same material, while red's shows red petals.  What do you think?

So ya, thoughts?

I don't think I could answer all of this but I'll just add a little to it. What if the trailers have nothing to do with RWBY's story and just foreshadowed a few things. After all, Monty even said the trailers served as a resume for their weapons. (I'm probably completely wrong).

Edited by unLock

Sky Heart Analyzes RWBY Part Whatever...

So far there have been two different ending songs, the first one I assume to be called 'I May Fall' due to it being repeated twice in the ending of episode 2.  The second one I'm guessing to be 'Safe and Warm' just because it's where it definitively ends it's sentence.  

If you need to listen to them here's the first (I May Fall?):

Here's the second (Safe and Warm?):

Just somethings I noticed for both songs, first being I May Fall:

• Ruby is the only one to be shown in the background
  • The lyrics are pertaining to being able to tough it out
  • I think this is the perfect song for Ruby as she toughs it out through every situation. (Now I'm not saying this song is limited to her only, just things to point out)

Safe and Warm:

• Weiss is the only one this time
  • Lyrics are about not worrying and keeping whoever safe and warm
  • Let's go back to her trailer and theme, it involves being lonely
  • Guessing this song revolves around her resolving that issue being kept "Safe and Warm" probably by her friends RBY, that she has yet to make.

Prediction:

• Next two songs will obviously involve Blake and Yang
  • They also will probably be answers to the call.  What do I mean by this?  Each trailer and theme bring up certain questions about the characters.  I believe that the next two ending songs will foreshadow how these questions will be answered.

K, that's it for me on this one.  How'd you guys like it?

Edited by Prince Sky Heart

OMG! Today is my birthday and episode 4 is airing! Monty, for me?

Today's Thursday? Oh god yes! Yes it is!nkfdsnfkndsijafncjkdsfkcndskijngfvcsnjxfncedjsnvjkdfncjxkfndjsfjkcdfncxkjgnvkdfnxcvcndskj

Today's Thursday? Oh god yes! Yes it is!nkfdsnfkndsijafncjkdsfkcndskijngfvcsnjxfncedjsnvjkdfncjxkfndjsfjkcdfncxkjgnvkdfnxcvcndskj

YAY!!! It got here so quick!

Wow, I as here for the episode for once c:

Anyway, I like the thing they're doing here with the teams, who know what the pairings are gonna be right?

And notice how I'm the only proagonist that wasn't at the launching ceremony, I'm clearly older than everyone >:3

FORGET ALL THE FANBOYING/FANGIRLING ABOUT THE NEW CHARACTERS THIS EPISODE.  Why doesn't Blake's new song have lyrics in that small clip? > ;O SO MAD.  MY THEORIES.... Must listen to it...

Edited by Prince Sky Heart

FORGET ALL THE FANBOYING/FANGIRLING ABOUT THE NEW CHARACTERS THIS EPISODE.  Why doesn't Blake's new song have lyrics in that small clip? > ;O SO MAD.  MY THEORIES.... Must listen to it...

Well, there's nothing wrong with an instrumental piece for a change