Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Reyn

Level 1 is nearly impossible on Proud

Cyberman65 is doing his KH 1 Level 1 run on twitch:

http://www.twitch.tv/cyberman6

Its live right now.

He's doing a speedrun. And you don't get Scan for this run.

EDIT: Wow, SQAURE DID NOT EVEN TEST OUT LEVEL 1 RUN ON PROUD, ITS STUPIDLY HARD. ITS NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE.

Don't attempt it on Proud, watch Cyberman's video and you'll see what i mean. In Halloween town he has died 32 times. he's still trying to defeat the house after 7 tries.

They don't give you Scan, or second chance, or Strike Raid, or any Stat
buffs like in KH2FM. You stay will Level 1 stats and abilities for most
of the game(The only abilities you get are the ones given to you, not
the ones you get from leveling up)

You need the best equipment and keyblades in order to stand a chance.

Sqaure is a troll. :angry:

Edited by spiderfreak1011

Scan I dont' see as a big deal. Also since there is no trophy in it, it is just a little extra challenge in there. You won't get a single thing for it but a feeling of accomplishment :P I must admit, it doesn't look as fun as kh2fm's crit level 1 (that was so fun for me) but oh well.

Scan I dont' see as a big deal. Also since there is no trophy in it, it is just a little extra challenge in there. You won't get a single thing for it but a feeling of accomplishment :P I must admit, it doesn't look as fun as kh2fm's crit level 1 (that was so fun for me) but oh well.

Yeah. Its fun for the challenge, but Square didn't give you any leverage at all, which is totally unfair. Cyber has had like 10 tries at this boss in Halloween town and its impossible. He still can't beat it. But its better than Ursula.

He finally finished Halloween town after 13 tries. Literally ironic

Yeah. Its fun for the challenge, but Square didn't give you any leverage at all, which is totally unfair. Cyber has had like 10 tries at this boss in Halloween town and its impossible. He still can't beat it. But its better than Ursula.

Don't get me started on Ursula...

p.s. Sonic Blade Rave Rape

seriously though I love that move

Its whats saving Cyber's life. He's died 34 times this run.

It turns out there is a hidden Second Chance ability with Level 1, but it only works at full health.

I bet you he's going to end up finishing HB while I'm stuck in lectures :( (if he chooses to stop after this anyway)

It turns out there is a hidden Second Chance ability with Level 1, but it only works at full health.

I was wondering how he kept surviving those hits against Oogie's Manor...

Edited by Ultima Spark

Cyber did pretty good on Captain Hook. Beat him on his second try! I see they made it to where u can't get KOed in one hit when you're at full health... I guess that kinda makes up for Once More and Second Chance not being available at Lvl 1. I think I'll pass on a Lvl 1 playthrough though...

Don't know if you were watching the whole thing but it wasn't that hard too him. He only had trouble with Pot Centipede, Lock, Shock and Barrel and Oogie 2. Everything else was a cake walk. Not only did they include that full health second chance but the game seems to scale Sora's and the boss's stats according to Sora's level because there is no freaking way he could have killed some of the bosses as fast as he did at level 1.

I do have a theory about the bosses work. Each boss is programmed to scale their stats according to Sora's level, BUT those 3 bosses are likely not coded the same. The Pot Centipede is just a bunch of smaller enemies together and normal enemies are not scaled. Lock, Shock and Barrel are just 3 bosses. Fighting 3 enemies who can 2-hit you in a small room would be hard in any of the KH games at level 1. Oogie 2 is the same as centipede. Your not fighting a boss, your killing smaller targets that are not treated as bosses. Also the fact that normal enemies are more annoying then bosses. This is a FACT on level 1. Bosses are always easy to control when you figure them out but enemies are super random and can swarm you.

Also, you can get Strike Raid at level 1. Same for the spells. If they are linked to an event, you can get them.

Finally, I'd like to get a point across. When I last played KHFM, I was dying JUST as fast as Cyber was. Everything is a 2-hit kill on Proud anyway if you dump the shield. In fact, I still think KH2FM is harder on level 1. On there, you have no room for error what so ever. Have you ever actually beaten KH2FM at level 1 because you don't seem to understand how it works at all...

So someone tested level 1 by hacking the original KHFM and it seems the full health Second Chance was explicitly added into HD. No matter how good of accessories they got, everything would one-shot them. That and the apparent rubber banding for bosses stats seem to show they knew well and good what they doing when adding Zero EXP.

Edited by supersaiyanmikito

Double Posting because edit is broken in my computer.

Its confirmed. The DEFINITELY did something to damage output and intake on Level 1. It takes Sephiroth "3 HITS TO KILL SORA ON LEVEL 1!" He also managed to get Kurt Zisa to his second phase in not much longer then it does in a casual run. Cyber, Mikachu and pretty much everyone have claimed that not only is KHFM Level 1 the easiest level 1 in the series, it MIGHT actually be easier then playing the game normally. For bosses at least, normal enemies will smear your bloodied ragdoll of a body over the wall.

Edited by supersaiyanmikito

Its confirmed. The DEFINITELY did something to damage output and intake on Level 1. It takes Sephiroth "3 HITS TO KILL SORA ON LEVEL 1!" He also managed to get Kurt Zisa to his second phase in not much longer then it does in a casual run. Cyber, Mikachu and pretty much everyone have claimed that not only is KHFM Level 1 the easiest level 1 in the series, it MIGHT actually be easier then playing the game normally. For bosses at least, normal enemies will smear your bloodied ragdoll of a body over the wall.

Well, then he'll get owned when he fights that heartless wave at End of World.

Reviving a bit of an old topic. I started Lv1 Proud recently and I have to say that it is freaking EASY! I'm at Monstro right now and only one fight in the entire game killed me more then 2 times, the Tiger Head, and that's only because Bandits suck. Because of Zero EXP's damage scaling, its almost no different then a normal playthrough. You may die in 2 hits but you get 2-shoted on Proud anyway...

I beat this at level 1. This is SO true. My youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/CursedKeyblade1 can prove it.

Cyberman65 is doing his KH 1 Level 1 run on twitch:

http://www.twitch.tv/cyberman6

Its live right now.

He's doing a speedrun. And you don't get Scan for this run.

EDIT: Wow, SQAURE DID NOT EVEN TEST OUT LEVEL 1 RUN ON PROUD, ITS STUPIDLY HARD. ITS NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE.

Don't attempt it on Proud, watch Cyberman's video and you'll see what i mean. In Halloween town he has died 32 times. he's still trying to defeat the house after 7 tries.

They don't give you Scan, or second chance, or Strike Raid, or any Statbuffs like in KH2FM. You stay will Level 1 stats and abilities for mostof the game(The only abilities you get are the ones given to you, notthe ones you get from leveling up)

You need the best equipment and keyblades in order to stand a chance.

Sqaure is a troll. :angry:

Man, this is a pain in the ass...