Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Reyn

Whats with the cartoony like graphics now?

Well the thing is, THIS LOOKS DRASTICALLY DIFFERENT FROM THE PREVIOUS GAMES. I don't really like it, i hope they change it to look more like the other games.

I'm guessing they're going to polish out the graphics a little better to look smoother. It'll look much better when we actually get into the game. It's PS4, so they're bound to use the system to its fullest. Think of it this way: In every KH game ever released, they used the system to its entire extent to make the best graphics possible, and BBS has better graphics than any other PSP game. The reason it looks so drastically different is because it's on PS4; they can go far beyond what they did in previous games. They're probably going to make KH 3 reach the PS4's full potential like they've been doing with the other systems.

I'm guessing they're going to polish out the graphics a little better to look smoother. It'll look much better when we actually get into the game. It's PS4, so they're bound to use the system to its fullest. Think of it this way: In every KH game ever released, they used the system to its entire extent to make the best graphics possible, and BBS has better graphics than any other PSP game. The reason it looks so drastically different is because it's on PS4; they can go far beyond what they did in previous games. They're probably going to make KH 3 reach the PS4's full potential like they've been doing with the other systems.

True. I just hope  the models look more realistic and not as colorful like in the previous games. Thats all i want.

I really liked the beta's graphics...Sora was so presh :)

But yeah, not only do they (probably) want to use the PS4's fullest potential, but they're probably wanting to keep up with the more "realistic" look that people are liking these days.  I mean, I know a ton of people who were drawn to playing Final Fantasy XIII just because of how nice the graphics were so the same thing could apply here.

But yeah, not only do they (probably) want to use the PS4's fullest potential, but they're probably wanting to keep up with the more "realistic" look that people are liking these days.  I mean, I know a ton of people who were drawn to playing Final Fantasy XIII just because of how nice the graphics were so the same thing could apply here.

This^

Remember the opening scene in 3D looked just like this, so maybe the opening of KH3 will look like this, but I'm pretty sure the graphics throuht will be just like the other games, but better of course.

I'm pretty sure the scene that shows Sora pick up Eraqus' keyblade was shown to show off how the entire game will look like. If the PS4 can handle real life looking cars, it can handle that, lol. It'll look like that the whole game.

Take a look at the original KH teaser trailer and compare it to the final product.  There were some MAJOR graphic changes made.  

This is exactly what I think. I don't think the trailers graphics would be so pleasing to me if they were the final graphics, but since it's just a beta, I think they look very good

I so hope they won't make KH look too realistic... I like realistic graphics and all but I'd want the graphics to stay pretty much the same they have been. Of course I want them to be even better than before but just not too different.

It is HD. -___- Plus Kingdom Hearts has always looked cartoony. Plus plus it's like super beta.

there is a difference between cartoony and the kind of graphics style they were using. the CGI trailers are the kind of cartoony I want to see in KH3, the footage they showed though just looked, like a way to bright/maybe blurry color pallet, its hard to explain.

but yeah I'm hoping its just beta graphics and that the final graphics are much better.

If it can be like the "Another side, another story" secret movie, then I will be very satisfied.

Very, very satisfied.

Maybe even the "Birth by Sleep" secret movie. That would be quite satisfying aswell.

Why would you want them to be realistic? KH is more cartoonish in style. If it were realistic it would ruin the whole feel.

I just want the models to look like they did in the previous KH games, and not how they looked in the beta trailer.

I just want the models to look like they did in the previous KH games, and not how they looked in the beta trailer.

to be honest I think they could probably make it look almost like the CGI trailers which are a perfect cartoony/realistic blend. the current stuff though just looks way too bright.

Did you forget what franchise this was?

themes do not translate to how bright the colors are. bright colors are fine, the current stuff just looks like the wrong kind of cartoony because its too bright

Edited by Skyace 65

themes do not translate to how bright the colors are. bright colors are fine, the current stuff just looks like the wrong kind of cartoony because its too bright

I personally like it. A company can't satisfy every single fan, y'know. Not trying to be rude by saying that, but it's the truth.

I know I'm a little late to the party on this thread, but cartoony graphics?? Um, its a game based on cartoon characters. What the heck were you expecting...? KH has always been cartoony. Now it's just HD cartoony as opposed to its former cartoony.

BETA GRAPHICS :P

wow so they were planning to have sora go to diney castle at one point, that explains why they left it on the world map.

I know I'm a little late to the party on this thread, but cartoony graphics?? Um, its a game based on cartoon characters. What the heck were you expecting...? KH has always been cartoony. Now it's just HD cartoony as opposed to its former cartoony.

i think people were expecting it to look like the CGI trailers which is the perfect cartoony style.

wow so they were planning to have sora go to diney castle at one point, that explains why they left it on the world map.

i think people were expecting it to look like the CGI trailers which is the perfect cartoony style.

yes :) strange huh, there are beta trailers for the others if your interested :)