Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
The Transcendent Key

A World For KH3 That No One May Have Thought Of.

Hey everyone, how's it going?  You know, with all this talk of Kingdom Hearts 3 going on for many weeks and months, I suddenly had a thought coursing through my mind.  There's this one Disney movie that has not yet appeared in the Kingdom Hearts series, and it's a movie made by Tim Burton.  The movie I'm talking about is James And The Giant Peach.  While I realize this movie may not be as popular as The Nightmare Before Christmas, it does share the same art style and director, and there's even a pirate skeleton that looks exactly like Jack Skellington!  Anyways, do you guys think it would be interesting if a world based on this movie was made?  Or would you prefer it if this world appeared in the next saga?  I haven't seen James And The Giant Peach from beginning to end, so I can't exactly tell you what its about, but it is a movie that has been overlooked, and from what I've seen, it has quite the charm.  So what do you think everyone? :)

That... is certainly an interesting idea. Unfortunately, I can't really give my opinion on whether or not it would be a good idea because I haven't watched James and the Giant Peach in years. All I remember are bugs and New York... and there might've been peaches. Not sure.

EDIT: Looked up the story. Depending on how they do it, it might not be a bad idea. They could have James's house, inside the peach, and places in New York as areas. As for the peach going across the ocean, I guess there could be water battles and/or aerial battles. 

Edited by Xiro

The only way this could work, is if Sora has learned to use the Keyblade Glider, so he could fight the mechanical shark and another enemy that I don't want to reveal for anyone who hasn't seen it yet and don't want me to spoil the end for them. Those of you who have seen the movie know what "figure" I'm speaking of.

Edited by King_Dragon2

James And The Giant Peach wasn't Disney, sadly. 

It's Disney, it's just not part of the animated canon, then again, neither are Tron movies or Pirates of the Caribbean. And The Nightmare Before Christmas was only distributed by Disney, not produced. 

As for the topic at hand, I could see it working like Port royal, with the peach as "hub" so to speak and London (I'm sure they could think of a reason they'd need to return), the Arctic and New York being "islands". The boss fight could be against the Cloud Rhino.I could totally see Sora, Donald and Goofy meeting the bugs for the first time, shouting "Heartless!" and getting ready to fight them until James clears things up.

Funny thing is, I saw this thread yesterday but didn't say anything because I had forgotten so much of the movie, and now I'm watching it on TV even as I write this post.

Edited by Isamu_Kuno

It's Disney, it's just not part of the animated canon, then again, neither are Tron movies or Pirates of the Caribbean. And The Nightmare Before Christmas was only distributed by Disney, not produced. 

That's weird....

I had an old video cassette of it, and it says Touchstone pictures on it. 

That's weird....

I had an old video cassette of it, and it says Touchstone pictures on it. 

That is weird, because I'm looking at the Disney Wiki and the information box says that the Studeo (production I'm guessing) was Walt Disney Pictures and distribution was Buena Vista Pictures, which is a subsidiary of Disney.

Edited by Isamu_Kuno

That is weird, because I'm looking at the Disney Wiki and the information box says that the Studeo (production I'm guessing) was Walt Disney Pictures and distribution was Buena Vista pictures, which is a subsidiary of Disney.

Might be a typo: I have a cassette of Nightmare Before Christmas that says Fox Animations on it.