Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Aang

Will Riku Have A Romantic Interest In Kingdom Hearts III?

Hm......Xion perhaps? I don't even care for her that much, but for some reason they seem

to have potential....

Edited by Pandy Monium

That is so true! I laughed at how bashful he got with Shiki in DDD! He actually thought she was being serious xD

But in all seriousness, the game series' core value/theme is friendship, with a little romance between Sora and Kairi of course. But personally that's the only romance I would want from the series because Sora and Kairi deserve to be together. They went through so much just to see each other, and I loved that hug they shared in The World That Never Was in KH II. Did you know that scene was originally meant to be a kiss according to Nomura :ohmy: but apparently he changed it last minute... Oh god I'm rambling aren't I? But this should tell you one thing: that the only pairing should be SoKai, thus my opinion is no; Riku should not have a romantic interest (unless her name was Neera ^_^ xD) in KH III.

Peace!

Wait, what?  :O

I have a KH OC that has a name similar to that one: https://songbirdrebel.deviantart.com/art/Kingdom-Hearts-OC-Nyra-384483045

Edited by Songbird Rebel

I really do not think that Riku would be a character to experience romance. If anything, the only other shipping I see is Roxas and Namine (as they're respectably nobodies of Sora and Kairi) and Terra and Aqua.

Does he really need a romantic interest? He seems to be doing fine all by himself but if he would get one, probably for the next saga.

Hell I don't see any of the Trios getting involved with each other like that except Sora and Kairi for obvious reasons. The theme of the series has always been about friendship. Romance is usually very subtle and come in little forms of teases just to get the fangirls squealing

I think not, sure romance is great and all but Romance was never the really the interesting part of Kingdom hearts, at least for me, I think that Riku's story line is great without an add on of romance. I saw some one else say maybe in future installments, but not KH3, and i agree with that. For me Riku's story line, during The Xehanort Saga, and i about redemption and growth, turning from the darkness that consumed him and becoming a better person because of it.

Nah, I doubt that Riku will have a romantic interest in Kingdom Hearts III.  The games truly revolve around friendship, even if some slight romance has been hinted between some characters.  I think even that romance is so abstract because that's not the direction that Nomura wants to take it.  A shame in a way for some characters (thinks of Aqua and Terra), but on the one hand I'm kind of glad that Nomura is holding his ground and making the Kingdom Hearts series different from the norm.  So, all-in-all, I think Riku will just remain Riku, all by his lonesome.

Lets make it official, Riku x Aqua, Lets face it. They both got deemed keyblade masters, They both never backed out of the light. They both have unique powers, They both sacrificed themselves to help a friend. I think it makes perfect sense for Aqua and Riku to fall in love. But Kingdom Hearts always defies logic. :/

I personally can't really imagine that happening.  There's been nothing hinted between the two characters, and they have quite the massive age gap.  I think someone mentioned that people don't age in the Realm of Darkness, but Aqua would still be too much older than him mentally that I don't think it would work well.  Again, it's just my personal opinion, even though both are indeed favorites of mine. : )

Nah, I doubt that Riku will have a romantic interest in Kingdom Hearts III.  The games truly revolve around friendship, even if some slight romance has been hinted between some characters.  I think even that romance is so abstract because that's not the direction that Nomura wants to take it.  A shame in a way for some characters (thinks of Aqua and Terra), but on the one hand I'm kind of glad that Nomura is holding his ground and making the Kingdom Hearts series different from the norm.  So, all-in-all, I think Riku will just remain Riku, all by his lonesome.

I personally can't really imagine that happening.  There's been nothing hinted between the two characters, and they have quite the massive age gap.  I think someone mentioned that people don't age in the Realm of Darkness, but Aqua would still be too much older than him mentally that I don't think it would work well.  Again, it's just my personal opinion, even though both are indeed favorites of mine. : )

That post was made a year ago, give me a break! :P

I don't see it happening either, I was weird back then. Nothing to see here..

That post was made a year ago, give me a break! :P

I don't see it happening either, I was weird back then. Nothing to see here..

Would you believe that I thought you just posted that last month rather than July of '14?  I wouldn't have quoted it if I'd realized it was that old.  My bad.  Sorry about that. *sheepish grin*  And no worries!  You weren't weird back then. ; )