Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Zachy1993

Depression, Dealing with it, and Robin Williams' Legacy

I'm glad depression is starting to be taken seriously, I just wish it didn't have to come to this for people to notice. It hurts to think that he is actually gone.

I'm glad depression is starting to be taken seriously, I just wish it didn't have to come to this for people to notice. It hurts to think that he is actually gone.

I know what you mean....seems like people won't care until something drastic happens.

Not many people take depression seriously. It doesn't help either that people use that word nonchalantly to describe even a pinch of sadness. I hate how it has to take someone popular taking their own life for people to finally start taking it seriously.

"Sometimes, the people who smile the brightest, are also the saddest."

I suffer from depression of being too dependant and a burden on my family. Also I despise human beings. And finally because I live in a shitty world that is convincing me more and more why humanity shouldn't be around. Please note anything you say in reply will likely not help, as words alone are not something that can cure this problem.

In Psychology, we studied all the types of Depression. I don't think that people understand what depression can do. It interferes with your life to the point where you cannot go on with your days. It can happen after a traumatic event or be hereditary. Everyone has experienced some form of it. Even I do. My mother recently had a TIA and was diagnosed with Atrial Fibrillation which caused the TIA due to the medicine she was taking that the doctor insisted that she took. She had a seizure because it contains some form of sulfur that she is allergic to. I was there for whole thing and to take her to the hospital. I watched her spiral down and had to take care of her. Then, I had to move eight times in last in last fourteen years. Family issues. etc... I have not been right ever since.

My mother's friend has mania depression. She tried to commit suicide a couple months ago. A week before, she seemed fine. but she was not fine. 

Sometimes, it feels as if maybe the world will be better if you were gone. That is not true, but it feels that way. 

Edited by HikariYami

I just can't believe he's gone, and I would have never guessed he'd felt that way...it's terrible.

Kind of reminded me of in  school with my friends; I was always the silly, crazy, pretending-to-be-stupid one. Depression, anxiety, and some other things run in my mother's side of the family - my depression was hereditary. At school I'd always be smiling and happy but my friends never knew how depressed I really was...and only two (in-school) friends knew. That is, until some personal shit happened then it kinda got out.

Let me just tell you all something. If you ever feel depressed, and you think nobody cares, you're wrong. You may not have a great relationship with certain people, but I guarantee you nobody wants to see you dead. Take care of eachother, but first and foremost, take care of yourself.

I was too afraid to seek help. I thought (and still do, but not as bad - I'm still working on improving) that I was a burden on people, an inconvenience, and that nobody had the time to deal with my pathetic problems...I soon learned that I'm not as much of a waste of space as I thought, and I deserve every right to live as much as you and the next guy. Nobody deserves to die (unless of course, you're a serial killer rapist animal torturing firetruckhole). Assuming you're not a serial killer rapist animal torturing firetruckhole, you deserve to live, and laugh, and be happy. 

Just please. Please please please I don't know how I can possibly scream this enough. If you are feeling suicidal and have thoughts, please, tell SOMEONE. Online, a call, your parents, your doctor, your bff, your lover - anyone who you have a good relationship with. YOU ARE NOT A BURDEN. Even if you think you are, you're wrong - I was wrong. 

Personal shit below skip if you dont wanna read it lel

I'll keep this brief because I'm too lazy to type a lot. Back in May, I ran away and tried to kill myself. I saw my father cry for the first time. I ended up going to the hospital, and then to another hospital, where I stayed in a  psych ward with 13 other people (I was the 14th so honestly after my mood lightened up, I made some kingdom hearts jokes to myself about me being xion and everyone else being the organization). While I was there I admit I learned things. Learned that I wasn't alone, and that people have it a lot worse than I do. If you're feeling sad, do not compare your reasons to someone elses. Just because you may think yours are "lesser" or "unimportant", they are still YOUR problems and still deserve attention and care. 

some depression, like mine, is hereditary in which case the use of medication can help greatly because just, yknow, your genetics dun goof'd!

Robin Williams died. Look how many people are grieving. The poor man was a generous soul...I agree with you, hopefully this will open peoples eyes to what depression really is. I'm so sorry he had to deal with what he did. And please let this make it known that you are not alone if you feel this way, everybody. Don't give up, honestly you have to keep going strong.  Rest in Peace, the greatest comedian that touched the hearts of families everywhere.

There's a good video of advice on this. Look up "A message to the depressed". I'm not gonna link it because the ignorance in the comments makes my blood boil(as YouTube comments are wont to do) and I won't be able to resist if I go back. Even thinking about them is making me angry.

but the video is sympathetic.

On a smaller note: I'm not sure about depression but I definitely have anxiety issues.

Edited by Andrew Rowland