Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Sora96

Nobuo Uematsu wants to make a new 2D RPG with the original Final Fantasy VI team

植松伸夫氏「FF6開発メンバーを集めて、また2Dゲームを作りたい。既にスクエニには話を持ちかけてる」

Nobuo Uematsu was interviewed for a concert by Lapis Dream Orchestra and he talked about the "intention" for develop a new RPG, in full 2D, with the original Final Fantasy VI staff, including Sakaguchi.

I honestly can't see this happening though, I mean getting Nomura, Kitase, Ito and Sakaguchi to all work on the same game now? I'm probably forgetting about other people with fair reasons too. Would seem impossible.

Please. I need another game like the golden era of FF in my life.

May I recommend Bravely Default to you? It has the gameplay of the classic FF games and it's brilliant too.

May I recommend Bravely Default to you? It has the gameplay of the classic FF games and it's brilliant too.

It's a game I'm definitely looking forward to playing, but I've got a lot of other games I'm looking at, too. I'm hoping I'll get it soon, though!

Honestly if the other people involved in FF6 have slipped like Nobuo has in terms of quality I can't see this being anything but mediocre

Bravely Default pays basic lip service to classic FF, but it's really nothing like the SNES games

Honestly if the other people involved in FF6 have slipped like Nobuo has in terms of quality I can't see this being anything but mediocre

Bravely Default pays basic lip service to classic FF, but it's really nothing like the SNES games

From what I've heard Sakaguchi's Mistwalker games have been nothing special to the point where he's stuck just making smartphone games.

I'd argue Kitase's still going strong and Ito is very busy with XVI. Nomura's pissed at Square though.

From what I've heard Sakaguchi's Mistwalker games have been nothing special to the point where he's stuck just making smartphone games.

I'd argue Kitase's still going strong and Ito is very busy with XVI. Nomura's pissed at Square though.

Why is Nomura pissed at Square exactly?

Removing him from the FFXV project.

Oh...So it wasn't of his own accord. Honestly though, i think that's probably the best thing they could've done. If it's takien Nomura this long to make it and he's STILL not done, clearly they need someone else to speed up development. : Besides, he has KHfreakingIII to finish after all this time anyway.

Oh...So it wasn't of his own accord. Honestly though, i think that's probably the best thing they could've done. If it's takien Nomura this long to make it and he's STILL not done, clearly they need someone else to speed up development. : Besides, he has KHfreakingIII to finish after all this time anyway.

Yeah, Nomura clearly said "It was a company decision and that's all I'm saying on it" and they're making him focus "on projects only Nomura can make possible". It's definitely the best move. I honestly think they should have done the change before the E3 re-announcement.

Nonetheless, Final Fantasy XV formerly Final Fantasy Versus XIII is Nomura's baby. Always has been, and still is in some respects. While I think a part of Nomura is happy that XV got this far and will continue to go forward to completion and release in the near future, I wouldn't be surprised if he's still not over the initial frustration of getting closed out of what was essentially his own project. I mean, have you ever had your teacher tell you that it's time to turn in your test when you are only a few questions or sentences away from finishing? It's not quite like that, but it's something that you could compare to. He put as much of his heart and soul into it as he did into Kingdom Hearts. Now I don't think they're going to just take away all of the Nomura-y elements that are already in there, I think the game will still feel just as it would if he was allowed to see it through to the very end (they better damn well put his name in those by now 30 minute long credits!). If anything though, I don't think he'll let his negativity about this affect his work on KHIII, if anything he'll be be able to focus more of his creativity into it. But anyway, unless this offer is one of those various offers that Nomura has to consider, I'm not so sure if this thing could happen either.