Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Firaga

TV Sonic Boom (2014 Cartoon)

Even looking at it in as much of an unbiased way as possible, I was expecting a really good comedy cartoon. And I wasn't disappointed, because I can't count how many times I laughed throughout both episodes. It was more than worth my time to watch it, and I'm going to make sure I don't miss it every Saturday morning from this point on. 

Edited by Blue Bolt

If there was ever a way to put Sonic back on TV, it is this show! I loved everything it offered, from the amazing graphics to the funniness of the characters! This show is worth a view from everyone who has ever liked Sonic at all! 10/10

(Also Sticks is voiced by the person who did the voice acting for Chum Chum from Fanboy and Chum Chum, which I actually liked after giving it a chance)

I saw it this morning, and as an X, Modern, then Adventure, then Classic, then Archie, then all around Sonic fan, I found that the show was more or less what I expected. It's pretty clear that the show doesn't take itself seriously, nor does it even try to pretend to (unlike past Sonic cartoons, save SatAM which delivered more or less on what it promised), but within it lied the charm of the writers basically being able to make the show however the hell they wanted, within reason of course. Sonic sounds just as snarky and hilarious as he should be (the writers for colors, generations, and lost world tried their best but these guys did a far better job), Tails sounds more or less like he aught to as Sonic's best friend (with his own brand of snarkiness), Knuckles (in these episodes so far) doesn't sound as idiotic as many were afraid he would be (and yeah, he's mostly got an attitude of his own, with a bit of goofiness thrown in but still has some common sense thankfully), Amy (who was always one of my favorite characters) is admittedly much improved upon in these two episodes (and for the record she does still have a crush on Sonic, it's just not made to be so obvious anymore. It kind of retcons some of the main series, in that not even Sonic is aware of Amy's feelings for him, but at least it opens up more possibilities) and I feel that she is very true to her character. The only character I'm not so sure about right now is Sticks. I know she's supposed to be the lovable nut of the group, but so far she hasn't been given any strong lines or scenes that could win me over. So far. I'm sure if they give her the right episode, the right lines, and the right situation, she'll grow on me. It's just hard because she's the newbie, but her character isn't a bad idea, I'm sure she'll grow on me soon enough. Otherwise everything is looking promising, although the animation and side characters kind of throw me off sometimes. It still looks like it'll be a decent show.

(though it doesn't look like she's going to have any romantic feelings for Sonic in this canon. That might change later on though)

Actually, it's been confirmed that the SonAmy will be as strong as ever, since there was a lot of that implied and blatant affection from amy during the live reading they held at Sonic Boom (the convention). Still though, I 100% agree that the show was great

I saw it this morning, and as an X, Modern, then Adventure, then Classic, then Archie, then all around Sonic fan, I found that the show was more or less what I expected. It's pretty clear that the show doesn't take itself seriously, nor does it even try to pretend to (unlike past Sonic cartoons, save SatAM which delivered more or less on what it promised), but within it lied the charm of the writers basically being able to make the show however the hell they wanted, within reason of course. Sonic sounds just as snarky and hilarious as he should be (the writers for colors, generations, and lost world tried their best but these guys did a far better job), Tails sounds more or less like he aught to as Sonic's best friend (with his own brand of snarkiness), Knuckles (in these episodes so far) doesn't sound as idiotic as many were afraid he would be (and yeah, he's mostly got an attitude of his own, with a bit of goofiness thrown in but still has some common sense thankfully), Amy (who was always one of my favorite characters) is admittedly much improved upon in these two episodes (and for the record she does still have a crush on Sonic, it's just not made to be so obvious anymore. It kind of retcons some of the main series, in that not even Sonic is aware of Amy's feelings for him, but at least it opens up more possibilities) and I feel that she is very true to her character. The only character I'm not so sure about right now is Sticks. I know she's supposed to be the lovable nut of the group, but so far she hasn't been given any strong lines or scenes that could win me over. So far. I'm sure if they give her the right episode, the right lines, and the right situation, she'll grow on me. It's just hard because she's the newbie, but her character isn't a bad idea, I'm sure she'll grow on me soon enough. Otherwise everything is looking promising, although the animation and side characters kind of throw me off sometimes. It still looks like it'll be a decent show.

Actually, it's been confirmed that the SonAmy will be as strong as ever, since there was a lot of that implied and blatant affection from amy during the live reading they held at Sonic Boom (the convention). Still though, I 100% agree that the show was great

I actually re-watched episode 1, and you guys are right. There is a little more there. I guess it didn't notice it because I'm so used to her being a total Sonic fangirl, it's hard to distinguish "subtle" from "totally throwing it out there" for her anymore. lol I can't really say I doubted SonicXAmy not being a thing anyway. That's pretty much a tradition in the Sonic lore. Unless somebody randomly brings back Sally Acorn in yet another new canon xD.

I actually re-watched episode 1, and you guys are right. There is a little more there. I guess it didn't notice it because I'm so used to her being a total Sonic fangirl, it's hard to distinguish "subtle" from "totally throwing it out there" for her anymore. lol I can't really say I doubted SonicXAmy not being a thing anyway. That's pretty much a tradition in the Sonic lore. Unless somebody randomly brings back Sally Acorn in yet another new canon xD.

And if you listen to the live reading (if you can even make out what they're saying that is), you can tell that Sonic may harbor similar feelings towards Amy. The SonAmy just might finally be real after all...  :D

writing i very hit or miss, and they're doing an awful job contextualizing anything. Just like every Sonic story in the last four years, Eggman is basically carrying the entire thing

Funny, I figured people would be excited about the Shadow thing... hmph.

Shadow is by far the worst thing about Sonic Boom

like it's almost so bad it doubles back and becomes hilarious

Funny, I figured people would be excited about the Shadow thing... hmph.

Shadow's never been a character I've really cared about. To be honest, it wouldn't make a difference whether he were to show up or not. 

So I'd like to start with a dream I had last night, which is why I decided to make this thread. As some of you may know, Sonic Boom recently had their final episode for the Holiday Break. There has been also information that some of Sonic's past friends are going to appear eventually including Shadow. So anyway I had a dream last night where I was watching an episode of Sonic Boom and Espio the Chimelion made an appeared. He was also yellow for some weird reason. Anyway, the episode I dreamed about was pretty epic, and I just wanted to know what you guys would want to happen on the show. You do you want to see, what do you want to happen?

In terms of characters, it's pretty obvious that Shadow's going to appear regardless. I really want basically most of the old characters to come back. Especially characters like Blaze the Cat, Silver the Hedgehog and the more classic characters like the Chaotix crew of Vector, Espio, and Charmy. Since this is an AU, it'll probably be easy enough to make sense as to why they're there. I'd really would love for the more obscure characters to make an appearence. The two characters I feel would be perfect for Sonic Book are Mighty the Armadillo and Fang the Sniper. They're perfect for this universe, and it'll just add so much hype and excitement for Sonic fans let alone a huge bombshell.

In terms of story, the show is perfect so far but I would love if eventually they changed from the "reset every episode" strategy to an actual plot and some more action. With the combined comedy, I feel the show will flourish even more with the recent news that the show did great with ratings. They'res so much that can be done with this series, and I really hope Sonic Boom the TV show will last a long time way more than the 52 episodes that was made.

I even have a small plot idea for Mighty, the Chaotix and the rest. Maybe the Chatoix could be in town, looking for a missing team member (who is Mighty as he was apart of Chaotix in Knuckles Chaotix) and they ask for Sonic and friend's help. Things happen, and they end up in a underground cave where they find Mighty being mind controlled by Fang the Sniper to dig and find treasure. Epic fighting, and Mighty is saved. Fang swears he'll be back, and the Chaotix crew decides to stay in town for a while. I dunno, what do you guys think? What do you really want to happen?

Oh sorry, I didn't know you made a thread about this already. I'll ask a mod to delete this thread.

Looks like they just moved it. lol

Anyways, about what you said: I am fully open to seeing more Sonic characters making an apperance in Boom. Especially Shadow.