Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

Alright, now before everyone goes "Oh god, dream on..." hear me out.

There seems to be more and more possibility of a PC port of KH3 or even the older games, look at the evidence:

-KH3 will be built on Unreal 4 which a lot of PC games are built on.

-It will use DX11, also making it easier to port to PC.

-Microsoft is even getting a port, thus showing that Square is willing to port it to whomever ponies up the dough.

-They have been porting a lot of their other Final Fantasy titles to PC, including 13 and 13-2.

-Recent studies have shown devs are more and more interested in developing for PC.

Now does that mean I am all "OMG THIS BETTER HAPPEN!" No. But the idea is interesting, and would definitely expand the market for the game.

So what are your thoughts on a PC port? Would you buy it?

If it does come out on pc and I buy it, I will probably play it with a controller, because that's just how you play KH games. So yeah, I think it could happen, but if it should, I would treat it as if it were a console game, thus rendering the fact that it's on pc irrelevant (at least for me).

Any particular reason why you would not?

I only bought a PS3 because I didn't have the money back then to build a decent PC.

Now I have a decent PC. Why should I get a PS4 now?

I only bought a PS3 because I didn't have the money back then to build a decent PC.

Now I have a decent PC. Why should I get a PS4 now?

Hey, I'm an avid PC gamer myself, I mean I refuse to use monitors that are not BenQs even. However I still enjoy a few of the console exclusives. Not to mention that achievements for PC games are... Let's be honest... Crap. Steam's achievement system is pretty ununified, and the fact that achievements spread across different distribution clients is annoying. That is ONE thing that I feel consoles have done better: achievements are universal. I especially liked how even PS3 trophies carry over to PS4.

So as much as I love PC gaming, there is a lot of stuff that consoles just seem to do better.

It obviously would be better on PC but I'd hate to see that happen. I prefer game series such as Kingdom Hearts on consoles. The experience just wouldn't be the same on PC.

Hey, I'm an avid PC gamer myself, I mean I refuse to use monitors that are not BenQs even. However I still enjoy a few of the console exclusives. Not to mention that achievements for PC games are... Let's be honest... Crap. Steam's achievement system is pretty ununified, and the fact that achievements spread across different distribution clients is annoying. That is ONE thing that I feel consoles have done better: achievements are universal. I especially liked how even PS3 trophies carry over to PS4.

So as much as I love PC gaming, there is a lot of stuff that consoles just seem to do better.

I play games to enjoy them, not to get achievements.

I also really don't care about console exclusives, except Kingdom Hearts. And I won't buy a console for just one single game.

It obviously would be better on PC but I'd hate to see that happen. I prefer game series such as Kingdom Hearts on consoles. The experience just wouldn't be the same on PC.

Mind telling me why the experience wouldn't be the same? Not cinematic enough (looking at you, Ubisoft)?

I also really don't care about console exclusives, except Kingdom Hearts. And I won't buy a console for just one single game.

Mind telling me why the experience wouldn't be the same? Not cinematic enough (looking at you, Ubisoft)?

Well I prefer using a controller than the typical mouse and keyboard setup for PC games. I know there are controllers for PCs but I've yet to find a decent one so I use my PS3 controller for games like FFXIV. I would also be playing on a much smaller screen with resolution lower than that of my 4K HDTV. 

Well I prefer using a controller than the typical mouse and keyboard setup for PC games. I know there are controllers for PCs but I've yet to find a decent one so I use my PS3 controller for games like FFXIV. I would also be playing on a much smaller screen with resolution lower than that of my 4K HDTV. 

Hook your PC up to your TV. Problem solved.

But I'm not here to tell you what I would suggest you to do. Whatever floats your boat.

The only other thing I fear is that PC ports these days have been very... Sub par... I am an avid PC gamer (as I stated above), but I have been VERY disappointed with the quality of the ports we've been getting...

Which is part of my issue. A lot of the time the experience is stunted by poor ports. Poor performance and poor optimization can make for a very unenjoyable experience. I've noticed the latest trend with PC ports is more or less beefing them up to levels to where people who just upgraded need to upgrade again. When Call of Duty Ghosts was announced with its 6GB RAM requirement, at a time where a lot of other games ran comfortably at 3-4GB showed that developers are not being mindful of the PC ports anymore, they are just trying to get the highest looking graphics without much care for anything else.

I have severely lost a lot of faith in PC ports these days because of the recent decline in their quality. Half the time when we get a PC port these days the devs are like "Here, take it and shut up." The same time and care is not really going into them anymore...

The only other thing I fear is that PC ports these days have been very... Sub par... I am an avid PC gamer (as I stated above), but I have been VERY disappointed with the quality of the ports we've been getting...

Which is part of my issue. A lot of the time the experience is stunted by poor ports. Poor performance and poor optimization can make for a very unenjoyable experience. I've noticed the latest trend with PC ports is more or less beefing them up to levels to where people who just upgraded need to upgrade again. When Call of Duty Ghosts was announced with its 6GB RAM requirement, at a time where a lot of other games ran comfortably at 3-4GB showed that developers are not being mindful of the PC ports anymore, they are just trying to get the highest looking graphics without much care for anything else.

I have severely lost a lot of faith in PC ports these days because of the recent decline in their quality. Half the time when we get a PC port these days the devs are like "Here, take it and shut up." The same time and care is not really going into them anymore...

You're right about that. Still, I won't get a PS4 just because of sloppy PC ports.

More than often these are actually patchable through unoffical patches and/or mods.

I mean, look at Skyrim. That was a pretty bad port: Bad menu, sloppy dialogue controls, and so on.

Through modding, it has become one of the best games ever for me.

Looking at Square's FFXIII port, the highest resolution available was 720p.

After they noticed all the complaining, they ramped up the resolution and several other things, so one might assume, that in the case of KHIII coming to PC and being a bad port, they could fix it.

You're right about that. Still, I won't get a PS4 just because of sloppy PC ports.

More than often these are actually patchable through unoffical patches and/or mods.

I mean, look at Skyrim. That was a pretty bad port: Bad menu, sloppy dialogue controls, and so on.

Through modding, it has become one of the best games ever for me.

Looking at Square's FFXIII port, the highest resolution available was 720p.

After they noticed all the complaining, they ramped up the resolution and several other things, so one might assume, that in the case of KHIII coming to PC and being a bad port, they could fix it.

I agree there, but it is kind of annoying having to rely on unofficial patches (with no promise of appearing since they do not come from paid devs, or working properly for that matter) to play the game in the same experience as a console when it would be cheaper and easier to get the same game on console. Plus considering Square isn't exactly very big on PC developing, I would wager we are not going to see super stellar ports from them anytime soon.

If it DOES come to PC (KHIII that is), then chances are it'll come after the console versions, which hopefully mean they will optimize it with the extra time.

remember that kingdom hearts fan survey square put out a while ago to get feedback from the fans a while back? a pc port is what i put in the "any extra thoughts?" part. i also put a wii u port but no way thats happening. xD

Hook your PC up to your TV. Problem solved.

But I'm not here to tell you what I would suggest you to do. Whatever floats your boat.

lol it's still not the same for some reason... there is an empty void. I don't know many that connect their PC to their TV either.

I'm not looking to get a PS4. I've used my 3DS more than my PS3, and everyone I know guaranteed I wouldn't put the PS3 down. So far, though, I've played one of the probably worst RPG's I've personally ever played, 2 KH games, and Raging Blast 2 on it for more that 2 hours. Most of my DS stuff has somewhere near 100 hours if it's older put into it. The rest generally speaking have Low numbers due to my obtaining of a Wii U and a good PC (basically eliminating most of my gaming needs) as of late. I game with those 3 devices the most, personally, and the PS3 didn't impress me. The lineup got games on PS4 dosen't appeal to me, either. I figure that if anything, I would rather a Wii U port myself, because I really like my Wii U, and it would be rather simple, but if I could have that I would personally want it on PC myself.

The PS3 hasn't warranted enough of my attention to seem like a worthwhile purchase, and I have even less of a desire for the PS4 than the 3 due to this.

However I do love the PS4 controller. The only thing that really makes me have any desire for one at all, out side of a KH3.

I'd like it to come to PC for the PC fans, but I'm not sure how likely it is. Aren't there issues with distributing the games digitally?

If it does come to PC, I'll skip out on it. I play some games on PC, but KH isn't the type of game I'd like to play on a PC. I'd prefer to have it on PS4, personally. Not to mention I'd need a really good PC to run that, and I don't have the money for one of those.

I'd like it to come to PC for the PC fans, but I'm not sure how likely it is. Aren't there issues with distributing the games digitally?

If it does come to PC, I'll skip out on it. I play some games on PC, but KH isn't the type of game I'd like to play on a PC. I'd prefer to have it on PS4, personally. Not to mention I'd need a really good PC to run that, and I don't have the money for one of those.

Distribution has become kind of a nightmare for PC gamers these days. Every dev now wants their own distribution client, which is really disjointing the market, and pissing a lot of players off. It's irritating that I need 10 different clients to play with my friends, when consoles I only need one.

Distribution has become kind of a nightmare for PC gamers these days. Every dev now wants their own distribution client, which is really disjointing the market, and pissing a lot of players off. It's irritating that I need 10 different clients to play with my friends, when consoles I only need one.

What I meant is that I remember hearing there were legal reasons that KH games could not be distributed digitally, I think it had to do with the theme songs or something. Also, I've only ever needed Steam for the PC games I play. I don't know what types of games require that many clients.

your PS4 can't even take advantage of that 4K HDTV. It's just going to be 1080p at most upscaled.

your PS4 can't even take advantage of that 4K HDTV. It's just going to be 1080p at most upscaled.

Yeah 4K is not the point though it's the fact that the screen is 60" inches.

What I meant is that I remember hearing there were legal reasons that KH games could not be distributed digitally, I think it had to do with the theme songs or something. Also, I've only ever needed Steam for the PC games I play. I don't know what types of games require that many clients.

Any Ubisoft game also requires UPlay sadly...