Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Firaga

Anime | Manga DragonBall Super: First Official Teaser Trailer

Man, I really need to get up to speed on Dragonball, and I really do mean get up to speed!  I need to watch Dragonball from the very beginning, everything leading into Dragon Ball Super! (I know GT doesn't count, so I won't watch that one.)  Gahhh, hype levels are over 9000!!! :D

Man, I really need to get up to speed on Dragonball, and I really do mean get up to speed!  I need to watch Dragonball from the very beginning, everything leading into Dragon Ball Super! (I know GT doesn't count, so I won't watch that one.)  Gahhh, hype levels are over 9000!!! :D

Reeeeeead the manga, my friend. It will take you half as long and it's a generally better take of the series, mostly because its the original product.

Yeah. Trust me, you don't want sit through 444 anime episodes that are 85% padding.

Haha, I see.  And you know something that is very impressive about Dragonball?  The show ended like what, almost 20 years ago?  During all that time, the popularity of this series has never died, and with Super, it's safe to say that Dragonball will now be immortalized and it shall never fade into obscurity! :3

Haha, I see.  And you know something that is very impressive about Dragonball?  The show ended like what, almost 20 years ago?  During all that time, the popularity of this series has never died, and with Super, it's safe to say that Dragonball will now be immortalized and it shall never fade into obscurity! :3

DragonBall is basically a dynasty at this point.

It's funny because most Western fans think it died after the manga and anime series ended, but NOPE. It's been going strong the whole time through.

DragonBall is basically a dynasty at this point.

It's funny because most Western fans think it died after the manga and anime series ended, but NOPE. It's been going strong the whole time through.

Most Western fans think it died????  Lol, I wonder where they've been the past couple of years?  I guess they've missed the heapload of DragonBall games and media that have come out during all this time! X3

Heck yes, this looks amazing. Can't wait until July! I just wish most of us people outside Japan would get a chance to watch Resurrection F before Super started, though...

Just to let you know, most of the movies aren't canon, either. Only Battle of Gods and Resurrection F (The newest one that was just released in Japan) are really worth watching if you want the canon story. The canon story as Toriyama told it is absolutely amazing, though.

Also, while Firaga already recommended the manga, if you'd prefer to see it in animated form, Dragon Ball Z Kai is the Z series without any filler. The manga's great too, but Kai's a fantastic alternative. The Buu Saga of Kai still needs to be dubbed, though, and there isn't a Kai for the original Dragon Ball. Those are really the only problems with it.

Just to let you know, most of the movies aren't canon, either. Only Battle of Gods and Resurrection F (The newest one that was just released in Japan) are really worth watching if you want the canon story. The canon story as Toriyama told it is absolutely amazing, though.

Also, while Firaga already recommended the manga, if you'd prefer to see it in animated form, Dragon Ball Z Kai is the Z series without any filler. The manga's great too, but Kai's a fantastic alternative. The Buu Saga of Kai still needs to be dubbed, though, and there isn't a Kai for the original Dragon Ball. Those are really the only problems with it.

Ah, I see, thanks for the info!  I always thought that the movies were canon to the series, but it looks like I was mistaken!  Okay, so I don't have to worry about missing out on the non-canon movies, but I will see them at one point, though. ^_^

And oh yes, I have the first two seasons of Kai on DVD!  They're such a blast!  But before I get neck deep into Dragonball, I'm gonna watch at least two more short anime, and then I'll start getting into Dragonball!  Thank you, and thank you Sensei, for your helpful tips on getting me more immersed into Dragonball! :D